DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

And even in the beta branch, some heads up/warning would have been nice since it's a sweeping change.

This.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this change is going to stable next week, with just an explanation to re-do all your bindings? Surely the devs can just write a migration to handle this neatly? I can't believe the only solution to this is for every single one of your customers using any of the most popular joysticks/throttles to spend hours rebinding.

Can someone please summarise what is going on here? I am confused about what is being said by NineLine and others here.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Can someone please summarise what is going on here? I am confused about what is being said by NineLine and others here.

In the latest Open Beta, ED added new default configs for the most common controllers for ED/Belsimtek's modules - these are incompatible with custom bindings anyone's previously made for those controllers. In order to resolve the conflict, users will need to delete their custom bindings and re-bind ED/Belsimtek's modules back to their liking (or use the new defaults). For me that's 11 modules that I regularly fly that'll need completely re-doing (Hornet, A-10C, Huey, Mi-8, Ka-50, Su-25T, F-15C, Su-27, Su-33, J-11, Mig-29). They were looking into making it easier/avoiding the pain for users, but it seems like they're not going to do anything now judging by NineLine's comments - so it's likely this change will go to Stable next week.

Right now there's a workaround by deleting these new default configs that have been added - which leaves everything as it was last patch. But that will need doing every time the game is updated and who knows how long it'll last.

In the latest Open Beta, ED added new default configs for the most common controllers for ED/Belsimtek's modules - these are incompatible with custom bindings anyone's previously made for those controllers. In order to resolve the conflict, users will need to delete their custom bindings and re-bind ED/Belsimtek's modules back to their liking (or use the new defaults). For me that's 11 modules that I regularly fly that'll need completely re-doing (Hornet, A-10C, Huey, Mi-8, Ka-50, Su-25T, F-15C, Su-27, Su-33, J-11, Mig-29). They were looking into making it easier/avoiding the pain for users, but it seems like they're not going to do anything now judging by NineLine's comments - so it's likely this change will go to Stable next week.

Right now there's a workaround by deleting these new default configs that have been added - which leaves everything as it was last patch. But that will need doing every time the game is updated and who knows how long it'll last.

Thanks for that, however, I am still confused.

Are we saying that these new default configs over-ride any custom binds (in Saved Games) now? Are we not able to over-ride these configs, and have to accept what ED want us to have our HOTAS set to?

I really don't get this - sorry to be so slow! - I mean, a lot of my bindings still work, but some don't. Some have duplicate entries, and I simply can't get some things to work at all.

For example, ALL the prop planes elevator trims don't work for me any more. I have it set to POV hat up/down on my Warthog HOTAS, but they just don't move. I clear the bindings, put them back in, and nothing!

But, all the elevator trims for jets are unaffected.

I have double and sometimes triple assignments for the same bind now, and assignments to all my devices.

This is horrendous!

I'm still confused though by what is happening. I thought we are saying that we have to rebind due to new ED defaults. I thought that any diff files in the Saved Game folder took priority.

Additionally, as I said above, I am unable to rebind certain movements, e.g. elevator trim in prop planes (Spit, K4 and P51).

Lastly, so it's only ED and Belsimtek modules that are affected? Yet, my F-5E is OK.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks for that, however, I am still confused.

Are we saying that these new default configs over-ride any custom binds (in Saved Games) now? Are we not able to over-ride these configs, and have to accept what ED want us to have our HOTAS set to?

I really don't get this - sorry to be so slow! - I mean, a lot of my bindings still work, but some don't. Some have duplicate entries, and I simply can't get some things to work at all.

For example, ALL the prop planes elevator trims don't work for me any more. I have it set to POV hat up/down on my Warthog HOTAS, but they just don't move. I clear the bindings, put them back in, and nothing!

But, all the elevator trims for jets are unaffected.

I have double and sometimes triple assignments for the same bind now, and assignments to all my devices.

This is horrendous!

I'm still confused though by what is happening. I thought we are saying that we have to rebind due to new ED defaults. I thought that any diff files in the Saved Game folder took priority.

Additionally, as I said above, I am unable to rebind certain movements, e.g. elevator trim in prop planes (Spit, K4 and P51).

Lastly, so it's only ED and Belsimtek modules that are affected? Yet, my F-5E is OK.

I'm by no means the expert but it seems like what they've tried to do conflicts with any previous configs in saved games, which is why some of the controls can't be bound at all. The solution ED recommended is to delete the configs from Saved Games, and then the next time you start the game you'll be able to edit your controls. So you can rebind, but first you have to delete your old bindings (or you can delete their new bindings, but that might not work forever). They might not have done one for the F-5 - I went through deleting fairly quickly so might've missed that, but it did seem to be most ED/Belsimtek modules - there weren't any profiles added for the Viggen/Harrier/Mirage for example.

OK, so I followed the advice and deleted all relevant diff files. Now, my old bindings are working fine.

One thing that I wonder about though, is with the ED diffs in place, I couldn't rebind certain things, e.g. elevator trim in prop planes. Even though the binding showed OK, it didn't work when in plane.

ED just plz ROLL BACK THE CONTROL SETTINGS,the easiest fix u can do.

The old system was working great.

Thank you.

Read the Nineline's posts on this. A rollback is not possible, as this will be the base default setup going forward.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Read the Nineline's posts on this. A rollback is not possible, as this will be the base default setup going forward.

Actually it would be quite possible, by forgoing the whole deafult setup going forward thing :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Where on the Warthog would you have "master arm" or "gear" for all modules? I wouldn't know; not even for the A-10C.

There is a master arm/safe/training 3 position switch on the Throttle. And 3 position flaps. That's what I mean A10C supports it natively. Others you have to manually map it via LUA files. I'm hoping one of the things that come out of it is that *all* aircraft will support these three position switches natively.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I've checked my Hornet user added keyboard assignments (so I can map e.g. MFD OSB buttons to my MFD's in Target) and they're defined in lua diff files in the user section and it seems they're still there and visible in the game.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• ED Team
@NineLine: Can anyone provide list which modules can be affected with this bug and which will be most probably affected in near future?

It will affect all ED (and previous BST) modules, and affect those using controllers where new profiles were added to the sim by ED. It seems not to affect everyone the same, while I saw some red bindings, I had no issue clearing them up, where others were not so lucky.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

a, "save my binding profile as xyz" would be a usefull feature for the bindings i guess

a, "save my binding profile as xyz" would be a usefull feature for the bindings i guess

I have my profile back up. But after I restore from back up - it was not working any ways.

A-10C AV-8B Bf109 UH-1H Ka-50 FC3 F-14A F-16C F-18C | NEVADA NTTR PG

There is a master arm/safe/training 3 position switch on the Throttle ...

"master arm/safe/training" sounds like an A-10C and this switch is not on the A-10C throttle. Have they messed with the A-10C Warthog throttle mapping?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.