[REPORTED] 1.5.8 Afterburner Texture Bug (?)

Quetzalkoatl

Hi,

After I downloaded last 1.5.8 update I spotted that afterburner texture looks a bit different and less realistic compared to the one we had in 1.5.7.

Basically I feel like it got removed that "tube & ring" effect and left only "yellow pancakes".

And it has after all weird ending - like it separates by 2 parts.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or made on purpose, but it doesn't look better or more realistic to thing that we can see irl...

1.thumb.jpg.4ac7ad9524b5acd146732006ee6bb0b5.jpg

And to be more precised, it happens on all jets with afterburner from FC3 - I don't know about others but you should check them too.

Devs are aware, it should affect all Afterburners.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Good to hear that.

I spotted that my post got moved to different section - yeh, sorry for posting it in Release Version bugs - missed others where I should post it.

Although it's a problem in 1.5.8 so I guess it should be moved to 1.5 Open Beta section instead of 2.0 Open Alpha where it is now - unless I it's not a problem ;)

• 2 weeks later...

this occurs in 2.2 as well.

to restore the rings temorarily: copy /Bazar/Effects/ParticleSystem2/AfterburnerCircles.dds and make a copy and rename to "afterburner_circle.dds"

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well, it seems like it doesn't work like that in 1.5.8 - it looks even weirder than it was.

And 1.5.8 has no AfterburnerCircles.dds but afterburnerCircle.dds.

After all it's still not as weird as white clouds during night in 1.5.8 XD

Was wondering if I should report this since 2.5 is closing fast... may be there's no more sense for that.