What's wrong with the Jug, why so little interest ?

Hueyman

It's an awesome module as we're already used to with Eagle Dynamics, but it's also an awesome aircraft with rich history !

I am really surprised in the negative way to see so little interest in it so far ..

- There are not many liveries ( though not sure if the paintkit was released )

- No quick/instant missions in Syria

- Still waiting for rocket implementation and correct bomb damage blast

- No serious campaing that I'm aware of are in the process of being made using Normandy or The Channel

- Very little use online

- Was expecting to see a ton of virtual squadrons rising up, with ground attack role, formation flying etc.. nothing. Proposed multiple times over groups, no one was interested so far.

Is there a reason for that ?

I know they are hard birds to fly compared to the jet toys but on the long run, I'm afraid most development power will be moer and more dedicated to the jets, in the disadvantage of the helicopters and WWII birds ( like in the civilian sims where the Liners makes most of the $$ )

Anyway, share your thoughts on that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

I can only speak for myself, but the interest for WW2 modules isn't that high. At least my WW2 aircraft are getting rusty in the hangar. ;)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I think it's a credit to the WW2 team and to be fair in my humble opinion one of the best ED releases for some time.

Look forward to the DM model update and the cooling and engine management to be completed along with rockets but for an initial EA product its a great plane and the cockpit is a work of art.

Credit where credit is due, if in any doubt and you like warbirds buy this module you will not be disappointed.

As for not much interest in online, obviously you don't play on storm of war, there is always P47's up in the air. There is also interest from my regular server i play on, which is for experience players that enjoy dynamic groud battles to form a WW2 server, we have been waiting on certain things within the ME and WW2 that have and are being resolved.

The Jug is a new module and just released and its EA, it will only go from strength to strength.

Also @Reflected have enjoyed your content thus far, if you need any apha/beta test's then feel free to PM, always happy to assist and will add it to the other beta's looking at.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

It's an awesome module as we're already used to with Eagle Dynamics, but it's also an awesome aircraft with rich history !

I am really surprised in the negative way to see so little interest in it so far ..

- No serious campaing that I'm aware of are in the process of being made using Normandy or The Channel

- Very little use online

- Was expecting to see a ton of virtual squadrons rising up, with ground attack role, formation flying etc.. nothing. Proposed multiple times over groups, no one was interested so far.

Is there a reason for that ?

I know they are hard birds to fly compared to the jet toys but on the long run, I'm afraid most development power will be moer and more dedicated to the jets, in the disadvantage of the helicopters and WWII birds ( like in the civilian sims where the Liners makes most of the $$ )

You forgot something.... STILL NO TEXTURE TEMPLATE.....

• Like 1

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

There is no livery template released yet.

It’s a new map .. the same can be said for 75% of the DCs aircrafts.

Early access?

Beside Reflected’s Campaign, I’m sure other mission creators are waiting for the aircraft to be more complete, before starting to invest time on it.

- Very little use online

I don’t really care .. SP is so much more fulfilling for me, with none of the MP stress.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

... Look forward to the DM model update ...

I think many people are waiting for this before flying combat missions in the warbirds. I know I do. Should be close now... fingers crossed.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Honestly the only reason I'm not flying it recently is the annoyance of having to mess with the HOTAS Warthog afterburner detent every time I switch from an afterburning module to a non-afterburning module.

I use the detent to tell me where I am on the throttle & prop control. If you have a lift detent, you might try a push over detent. It's a lot more convenient with non after-burning aircraft.

hello

With a little work and patience you should get some skins:

https://cromhunt.proboards.com/thread/331/skinsdcs

Did not need template just made it from scratch

Mission and campaign coming soon,as you can see from above in the thread.

Now to find players it's a question of passion to the warbirds i think.

The most of time players like something more easy to manage,because of peripherics in use.You need a perfectly sensitive joystick.Maybe it's the problem.

So if you want to create a team around the P47D i'm ready to be a part of it:)

Edited by cromhunt

Honestly the only reason I'm not flying it recently is the annoyance of having to mess with the HOTAS Warthog afterburner detent every time I switch from an afterburning module to a non-afterburning module.

Not sure what you're using for a detent but Shapsway is made for you . You'll know where the detent is but it's easy to push through for planes that don't need it.

Buzz

With a little work and patience you should get some skins:

https://cromhunt.proboards.com/thread/331/skinsdcs

Did not need template just made it from scratch

Mission and campaign coming soon,as you can see from above in the thread.

Now to find players it's a question of passion to the warbirds i think.

The most of time players like something more easy to manage,because of peripherics in use.You need a perfectly sensitive joystick.Maybe it's the problem.

So if you want to create a team around the P47D i'm ready to be a part of it:)

I like Angie. :)

Buzz

I'm very pleased with the P-47D and fly it a great deal in Single Player. It was the WWII A-10. I totally agree with Rudel, MP is a PITA to me. I flew MP for many years in other sims and finally got bored with crop dusting at low levels to no purpose.

I would fly it more but until Reflected or Bunyap or someone else comes up with campaigns for it, the selection of missions is pretty limited. C'mon, Greg (Reflected) I need some of your great missions....9th Air Force, of course....

It's still new, give it some time....ED says they are working on a new dynamic campaign format.

Oh, and Hueyman, Syria? Did P-47s ever fly in Syria? We can use it in the Pacific map. But, Syria????

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

- Very little use online

This month it's the fourth most flown module on SoW, buy hours flown, with a figure that is very close to the 109K4 and the Spitfire - so almost tied for second spot.

It has by far the most ground kills and second highest number of aerial victories on SoW as a type.

https://stormofwar.info/aircraft.php

Seems pretty popular to me.

• Like 1

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Force feedback not fully implemented.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Uhhhh, the only thing I am flying just as much is the A-10, having a blast making SP missions with it.

Despite the fuzing/bomb stuff, as long as you do a 6 to 8K roll in, and drop all at once, you can destroy WWII armor with what we have in OB.

Wonderful bird, hugely fun to fly!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Just file it down. Simple and works like a charm. Then you can have a little resistance and if needed just push it through. Easy, Peasy.

Info can be found on Youtube.

For the P47, I have adjusted the throttle curves so that at the detent, the engine is at the first redline and when I push it through the detent, it goes to max.

I really like the P-47, it brings new things to dcs mechanics wise, bigger radial engine, water injection (think it still needs implimenting) and turbocharger.

that being said i believe that on the multiplayer side it isn't a particually competative aircraft in a 1v1 fight and hence isn't used a lot. mostly i have seen it as a ground strafing aircraft though i believe that for those that don't have an issue with spotting aircraft in VR from higher altitudes and further away then i suspect the 47 is a first pick for boom and zoom.

When it released there were many of them in multiplayer but as with any module its use slowly declines with time, at least when looking at single servers.

maybe a lot of people fly it in single player.

When it released there were many of them in multiplayer but as with any module its use slowly declines with time, at least when looking at single servers.

Perhaps at the specific times that you have been online, you might feel there is a decline of multiplayer P-47s. However, this is not the case globally. For example, on the Storm of War server (which has been the busiest WW2 server this year), the percentage of P-47 flying* has been steadily going up. For the last three months, it has been:

July = 13.7%

Aug = 14.2%

Sep = 18.5%

* percentage of P-47 flying = number of flight hours logged by P-47s compared to the total number of flight hours logged by all types, during a given month.