Sooo hard to make historical scenario

Thor_H

Hello, privet!

First of all, i LOVE DCS World and i have purchased almost every module available.

Now my gripes:

I like to relive history, and the Cold War era in particular. So i am trying o make scenarios from the 1960's up til the end of the cold war. BUT it is so diffucult to use USSR as a faction because most of the modules do not support it, whenever i try to use USSR there is with a few exceptions no skins available, i would be fine with "plausible" skins but the problem is most of them have the "VVS Russia" written on them and or the Russian Flag on the tail.

When so much emphasis goes into the accurate modelling of these fantastic modules and i see lots of nations represented how come USSR is almost always left out of the equation? Should be a simple enough thing to add "SUN" as an option to a skin as a few of the modules have skins that would not be completely out off the ballpark to make a believeable scenario.

One example is the Mi-8, great skins but NO option to fly it as USSR.

Gets of soapbox and wishes you all a magic weekend!

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Yes, i know about dowloadable skins in user files but my scenarios are made for MP and it is such a pain to get everyone to download and install a bunch of files everytime we want to fly.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

+1

The lack of units available for the USSR in DCS is indeed pretty frustrating and has stopped me from working on several cold war missions, becaus it became too frustrating to always use Russia instead of the USSR, as it just destroys the historical immersion. :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

... it is such a pain to get everyone to download and install a bunch of files everytime we want to fly.

Not everytime you want to fly, just the first time. Give your friends a "ussr" pack of liveries to download and place on their Saved games/dcs/liveries/ folder, and they are set for any future cold war mission you might edit :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB