[NO BUG]CCIP with CBU 97s and mk 82s (so far) does not work

bcl816

When dropping CBU 97s and mk82s in CCIP mode, the bomb fall line starts to drop, then rises back up the line. i was 20 deg nose down, then 30, then eventually only 45 deg in a instant negative g push would allow bomb release.

This was on PG in Multiplayer on updated servers.

Works fine for me. In CCIP, the bomb fall line has a horizontal line through it below the FPM so that you can put the pipper on a target, press and hold weapon release (the symbology changes to CCRP) and pull up into the release cue.

The only way I've found to get rid of the horizontal line (and thus enable instant-release of weapons) is to do it in a very steep dive, or VERY close to the ground.

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Works fine for me. In CCIP, the bomb fall line has a horizontal line through it below the FPM so that you can put the pipper on a target, press and hold weapon release (the symbology changes to CCRP) and pull up into the release cue.

The only way I've found to get rid of the horizontal line (and thus enable instant-release of weapons) is to do it in a very steep dive, or VERY close to the ground.

I could be wrong, but changing to CCRP mode after a drop isn't a realistic behavior... nor is flying directly at the target so the FPM is lined up with it. The 18 was not like that either in CCIP modes.

Ok, decided to upload a video of me demonstrating it. The pipper goes on (or in my case, near) the target, you hold weapon release until the release cue drops through the FPM. FPM flashes, and CBUs come off the bird. I showed it twice in the video, once keeping the SMS in frame so you can see it's not actually changing from CCIP to CCRP, but just showing you the symbology.

• Like 1

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, decided to upload a video of me demonstrating it. The pipper goes on (or in my case, near) the target, you hold weapon release until the release cue drops through the FPM. FPM flashes, and CBUs come off the bird. I showed it twice in the video, once keeping the SMS in frame so you can see it's not actually changing from CCIP to CCRP, but just showing you the symbology.

hmmmmm. thats interesting. my concern was it wasnt doing that pre patch. but if this is normall behavior, thats interesting... Thank you for making a video

Cbu-97s work fine if dropped within correct parameters, the real issue is not being able to adjust the HOF like in the a10c, but hopefully we'll be able to change it soon

the issue im having was the bomb fall line wil not enter parameters

What you are seeing here is a function of the ccip in viper. When the impact point is far below the hud, upon depressing and HOLDING the weapon release it will designate the point under the visible pipper as a ccrp target. In order to get a pure ccip release, you will need to be diving steeping than that.

If you want to see a similar thing, look up 'CCIP Consent' in A-10.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

What you are seeing here is a function of the ccip in viper. When the impact point is far below the hud, upon depressing and HOLDING the weapon release it will designate the point under the visible pipper as a ccrp target. In order to get a pure ccip release, you will need to be diving steeping than that.

If you want to see a similar thing, look up 'CCIP Consent' in A-10.

So before the patch, the burst height was at 500 now its 1500. Is that why I'm seeing significant differences?

Thank you for clarifying. And sorry for making this a bug report. It wasnt it the manual:p

Actually, it is. Page 175 onwards. :smilewink:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

For me it's still not possible to get a CBU97 of the aircraft with CCIP (the oldschool way)

Tried several angles, speeds and altitudes.

I know the described method when the impact point is far below the HUD and you simply put the visible pipper over a target, hold the pickle, pull up (more or less), let the FPM catch the BFL and wait for release.

That works fine!:thumbup:

The Marines of our forum can tell you: The AV8B can do it the same way.

Edited by Niehorst

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

For me it's still not possible to get a CBU97 of the aircraft with CCIP (the oldschool way)

Tried several angles, speeds and altitudes.

Same here with GBU-12 and CCIP, no problems with MKs (CCIP).

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Guys, try to compare the behaviour of the ccip pipper of the 87's and the 97's.

make a dive and increase the angle more and more and look whats going on on that BFL.

What I observe on the 97's side just doesn't look right. The vertical bar should increase it's speed towards the bottom of the HUD as you increase your dive angle. In fact, it never reaches the bottom of the HUD.

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Guys, try to compare the behaviour of the ccip pipper of the 87's and the 97's.

make a dive and increase the angle more and more and look whats going on on that BFL.

What I observe on the 97's side just doesn't look right. The vertical bar should increase it's speed towards the bottom of the HUD as you increase your dive angle. In fact, it never reaches the bottom of the HUD.

I didn't post on this one earlier as I've only done MP thus no tracks but I noticed this with the 97 from the patch. Prior to the patch I could drop 97s in a pure CCIP mode with enough of a dive angle and speed applied. As you corrected dive angle and speed the cross line got closer to the pipper until it dissapeared entirely to show that you were seeing the actual impact point. True CCIP.

After the patch it is literally impossible to get it to drop in pure CCIP as stated above the cross line NEVER gets down to the pipper to show that you are seeing the actual impact point.

Edited by Stubbies2003

I didn't post on this one earlier as I've only done MP thus no tracks but I noticed this with the 97 from the patch. Prior to the patch I could drop 97s in a pure CCIP mode with enough of a dive angle and speed applied. As you corrected dive angle and speed the cross line got closer to the pipper until it dissapeared entirely to show that you were seeing the actual impact point. True CCIP.

After the patch it is literally impossible to get it to drop in pure CCIP as stated above the cross line NEVER gets down to the pipper to show that you are seeing the actual impact point.

Thank you mate.:thumbup:

I wasn't sure anymore, but there was ONE time I got it off the rail. Must have been pre-patch version when I messed around with everything available.

Anyway, with the present fixed BH of 1500 ASL it's much better to do it the "Harrier" way, so you don't accelerate the weapon to much downwards.

So please no hurry at this point ED! :music_whistling::clown_2:

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Thank you mate.:thumbup:

I wasn't sure anymore, but there was ONE time I got it off the rail. Must have been pre-patch version when I messed around with everything available.

Probably so. I was flying the F-16 exclusively with CBU-97s as a bomb truck with all drops in pure CCIP pre patch and it worked fine for the most part. Occasionally I would have one not work probably due to the BA but most worked just fine. First time I got in the 16 and tried the 97 post patch I noticed this issue. It will release as a CCIP to CCRP transfer just fine but it won't do pure CCIP.

Had a friend say other iron bombs and the 87 worked fine in CCIP and he only saw the issue with the 97 but I have only flown with the 97 so cannot verify.

Working here CCIP. Level out at 1500 before release. Set for ripple(6) all and 100 feet spread. Main thing is level at 1500 before release, the rest is to your situational needs

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I have yet to drop the CBU-97's unsuccessfully. They do require a steep dive as they are very draggy. CBU-97 = win.

Apparently not draggy. The reach m .99 according to some poster.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Working here CCIP. Level out at 1500 before release. Set for ripple(6) all and 100 feet spread. Main thing is level at 1500 before release, the rest is to your situational needs

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What you are probably doing is CCIP to CCRP mode not pure CCIP. The easy way to tell is if you press the weapons release and then have to hold it until the aircraft gets to the actual drop spot? That isn't CCIP. That is the aircraft automatically switching to CCRP to make it work.

CCRP becomes a fallback mode if CCIP criteria aren't met. This small horizontal bar is working as a release cue for CCIP. Before the drop watch it wandering vertically until it passes the targeting pipper, this is the right moment.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

CCRP becomes a fallback mode if CCIP criteria aren't met. This small horizontal bar is working as a release cue for CCIP. Before the drop watch it wandering vertically until it passes the targeting pipper, this is the right moment.

If you press and hold the release button with that horizontal bar in place you are switched from CCIP to CCRP. That is what I think is confusing some people as the F-16 does this automatically and they think they were dropping in CCIP when, in fact, if done via the horizontal bar and weapons release hold that is a CCRP drop.