lights

joojoo

Without being patronising...exterior lights are controlled by the HOTAS Throttle pinkie switch...if left central they'll be off...regardless of how you've assigned them in the cockpit...forward or aft turns exterior lights on (default or as selected)

Its so its easy to turn off all exterior lights whne you FENCE in...by putting HOTAS Throttle pinkie switch to centre

(apologies if you already know)

Airbag_signatur.png

Are you saying that the clickable switches on the lighting panel don't work?

The switches on the lighting panel do indeed work. That being said, the HOTAS has a switch that acts as a sort of "master control" that you also need to use in order for the lights to work.

In practical terms. You would set the lights the way you want on the panel and use the correct pinky switch position to activate them.

By the default config, the switch is in the center (lights off) position when you get in the plane. Try to bind a keyboard key to HOTAS Pinky Switch Aft and, when on, the switch will be in the "Lights according to Panel" position (p.160 of flight manual) and you'll be able to configure your light settings on the Light Control Panel as-desired.

I had the same issue with the exterior lights. After some comments in another area of the forum I finally unbound my pinky switch to what I had it bound to, and just press the LCTL+P keys on the keyboard and the lights come on. If you do have a HOTAS, then make sure your pinky switch is in the "AFT" (rear) position.

Hope this helps.

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS setup, a custom built computer with Intel core i9 9900k, 3.6gHZ, 32GB ram, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 motherboard, M.2 main drive, and a 2TB SSD drive where the game is loaded, and an EVGA RTX 2080 Super graphics card.