How does the Red Square Aircraft communicate with JTAC?

kaoqumba

I don't think this is possible. Even if you make SU-25T available for the Blue side, JTAC won't happen.

I think JTAC is a NATO concept and perhaps there is something of an equivalent outside of NATO standards, but I don't think it's in the game.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Sure, I know. Even if you try to read the story of Snr Lt Alexander Prokhorenko, you will see that Russian SpecOps do have the procedure, standard, and tools. I said "perhaps" as I don't know what that standard is outside of NATO.

I will check in DCS, but again, I don't think there is this concept in the game.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If you are using the JTAC autolasing script - you can use it togeather with the Kh-29L and KH-25ML if you set the JTAC to lase on code 1113.

This also works if you have an allied player using any vhicle to lase, in combined arms, or with allied aircraft lasing on 1113.

If it works with the ingame JTAC function I do not know, but I guess it should work.

I can not see why not. Just make sure the code is 1113

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

It would be nice to see some other FAC/JTAC interfaces for non-nato, and also "older" nato countries like the 60's VN, or 80's.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you are using the JTAC autolasing script - you can use it togeather with the Kh-29L and KH-25ML if you set the JTAC to lase on code 1113.

This also works if you have an allied player using any vhicle to lase, in combined arms, or with allied aircraft lasing on 1113.

If it works with the ingame JTAC function I do not know, but I guess it should work.

I can not see why not. Just make sure the code is 1113

Just as an addendum to this, note that 1113-code lasing only partially works in the Su-25 (the T variant works all the way). For the regular -25, you can “only” use the lasing to spot targets — with your laser off, the HUD indicator will stick to the lased target, but as soon as you attempt to launch, the on-board laser will automatically engage and guide the missiles/rockets in a completely different direction.

Even so, the spotting capability alone makes it worth-while in many cases, where JTAC can tell you from way outside visual range where you should be aiming and you can line up your own guidance much sooner than would otherwise be possible.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧