Fighting the Spitfire

True, but MW50 serves that purpose when in use.

in case k-4 ofc, not in case g-6.

That is why i think k-4 is far superior to any other bf109 version.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Interestingly under Luftwaffe advanced fighter training aces often mention no differentiation between aircraft, Allied or Axis so long as they were contemporary, they placed emphasis on human tactics and pilot experience; where British advanced combat training involved examining strengths and weaknesses between aircraft types. I would've expected that to be the other way around, but say Rall or any of the others will often remark no particular difference between a Mustang, Thunderbolt or late war Spit and Messer, all good planes they say, nothing particular about any, the Thunderbolt went down just like a Mustang, the Thunderbolt dive didn't particularly stand out, the Messer was good they say, the Focke Wulf was good, not so technical about the planes differences at all, more like it all about the pilot for them. I guess it's a combination and the pilot can do the technical part by gut instinct if he's very experienced perhaps.

Very interesting comments!

Perhaps it was due to the system where Germany just kept pilots at the front until they died instead of rotating them like the USA did.

I do think they have a point. Aircraft is aircraft, all are approx. the same generation / type and the differences are not that big. But I wonder if they had the same attitude on the Eastern Front where the Soviets were (in the beginning) fielding clearly outdated / inferior planes, enabling the Germans to rack up those enormous kill numbers.

Also, later in the war, when the quality of German pilots became pretty low, due to the experienced ones being killed, I think they should have changed their approach a bit. I think that for a rookie pilot it can be quite useful to know their aircraft's strengths and weaknesses compared to their enemy.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3