DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 262 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #2611
davidp57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
<snip>lots of good stuff</snip>

Thanks Ciribob for all these answers, this is great support.
You have however missed my very own question, it makes me sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp57 View Post
Hi folks,
This may already have been asked and answered but I didn't find it so here I go : is there a way to have two distinct SRS servers, each linked to a distinct DCS server on a single machine ?
Old 11-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #2612
Low Blow

Ok I'm pulling my hair out with this program now. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I attempt to run the installer after extracting the zip and nothing happens. So then I follow the readme.txt and manually install all the luas etc then attempt to run the client (which has opus in the same folder). I then see the SRS icon appear in my tool tray momentarily but the INSTANT I go to click it by hovering my mouse over it, it disappears. Ciribob I've sent you a message on ed forums about this. WHAT IS GOING ON please?

MMSOBGYTAST!
Low Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #2613
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp57 View Post
Thanks Ciribob for all these answers, this is great support.
You have however missed my very own question, it makes me sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow View Post
Ok I'm pulling my hair out with this program now. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I attempt to run the installer after extracting the zip and nothing happens. So then I follow the readme.txt and manually install all the luas etc then attempt to run the client (which has opus in the same folder). I then see the SRS icon appear in my tool tray momentarily but the INSTANT I go to click it by hovering my mouse over it, it disappears. Ciribob I've sent you a message on ed forums about this. WHAT IS GOING ON please?
For support, as I say again and again - please go to Discord for support

For support please go to Discord: https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H You will get a faster response

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #2614
Captain Orso

Default Pop-Up Window

Request: Please position the pop-up window on the app window. Currently it is positioned in the middle of the screen.

The problem is when using VR the VR mirror window is in the center of the screen and it cannot be lowered. This means that if SRS opens a pop-up, it is hidden behind the VR mirror window. I specifically position the app window that it doesn't get masked like this, but SRS pop-ups go to directly behind the VR window.

Of course I can find the pop-up with <Alt><Tab>, but in the heat of the battle, it is easy to forget to look there as well.

The pop-up itself appears to steal the keyboard focus (I'm not 100% certain of this yet), swallowing keyboard input. If you have the chat window in MP in focus when this happens, there is no way to close the chat window, until the pop-up is closed.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #2615
Miro

Someone knows how hide this?

EDIT: OK i managed it, LCtrl + LShift + Esc short few times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedScreen_191127_161232_LI.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	221826   Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedScreen_191127_161636_LI.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	221827  

Last edited by Miro; 11-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Miro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:43 PM   #2616
pocketedition

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketedition View Post
looking to install latest version.
Downloaded latest zip file.
Unable to see installer?

Is it missing? never had this as an issue before, just used to unzip downloaded folder and there it was.

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-master is the zip file I downloaded. Don't remember "master" being there before.
Is that why? still cannot see "installer"
You downloaded the source and not the installer

Use this: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...utoUpdater.exe to do a one click install

Thank you. Thank you.
pocketedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:49 PM   #2617
Direwolf

I am not getting contact with assets (tower, tanker, awacs), when using a FC3 plane. Of course I can set frequencies, talk to my buddies on these frequencies, but... Can´t contact with tower, for instance, like I use to do when I fly F-18. And got Server, VOIP symbols in the SRS window in green, but Game not. Is this the right procedure? I really can´t contact with tower using SRS and a FC3 plane?
Direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 AM   #2618
jasonstory44

Has anyone ever had trouble downloading off GitHub? I keep getting a connection timed out error.
Tried different browsers. Turned off proxy in LAN setting. Firewall off.

No luck. I just can’t get SRS to download. Had trouble with trying to get a mod off GitHub the other day too. Seems like a GitHub thing. Any help appreciated

Cheers, Jason
TM Warthog Stick and throttle
MFG Crosswinds
Reverb VR
Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.
All DCS modules
jasonstory44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #2619
t1mb0b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
I am not getting contact with assets (tower, tanker, awacs), when using a FC3 plane. Of course I can set frequencies, talk to my buddies on these frequencies, but... Can´t contact with tower, for instance, like I use to do when I fly F-18. And got Server, VOIP symbols in the SRS window in green, but Game not. Is this the right procedure? I really can´t contact with tower using SRS and a FC3 plane?

just clarify, are you talking to assets 'with SRS', or do you mean you can't get anything from the SIM when SRS is installed?
t1mb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #2620
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
FC3 doesn't have modelled radios so it doesn't matter what frequency you set in SRS as they're modelled outside the sim by SRS.

Tower should always work in FC3 as there is no radio to retune.

Any other non FC3 does have modelled radios so the frequency in SRS is the same as DCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
Request: Please position the pop-up window on the app window. Currently it is positioned in the middle of the screen.

The problem is when using VR the VR mirror window is in the center of the screen and it cannot be lowered. This means that if SRS opens a pop-up, it is hidden behind the VR mirror window. I specifically position the app window that it doesn't get masked like this, but SRS pop-ups go to directly behind the VR window.

Of course I can find the pop-up with <Alt><Tab>, but in the heat of the battle, it is easy to forget to look there as well.

The pop-up itself appears to steal the keyboard focus (I'm not 100% certain of this yet), swallowing keyboard input. If you have the chat window in MP in focus when this happens, there is no way to close the chat window, until the pop-up is closed.
Can you send me a screenshot / more details?

SRS can be set to force focus to DCS (check settings) and will open at its last used position. If you move it it'll stay there. That is the care for the client window, SRS overlay and DCS overlay

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote