The Vietnam War Server PvE

Miles Vorkosigan

When you start, you can "hook" to the deck, I think it is the "U" key. But once you get the latest alpha development EFM (external flight model) version, the problem is eliminated. But I think it is going to be a long time before that version is publicly released because real life work is going to slow down development for a while. If you see JNelson flying in the Vietnam server, he is one of the EFM developers and he can give you access to the alpha release. I would like to try dogfighting the MiG-19 in the A-4. I haven't fought against any live people in the A-4. With the publicly available SFM (simple flight model) release, I was not interested in dogfighting. But now that it is flying more like a real aircraft, I would like to see how it behaves against other aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saguanay, sorry that I did not see your post sooner. Not sure why I did not get an update. 

The only mod that is included with the server is the A-4E-C Skyhawk mod. If the VSN Thundchief mod becomes as full featured and unique as a payware mod, like the Skyhawk is, I think we would be happy to do so. Adding mods to servers restricts the number of pilots who can participate, so we are very careful as to which mods are required. 

EDIT: This response was to a post that Legion deleted but it is important to anyone that has not flown the A-4 in a long time.

You cannot fly the F-4, it is AI only. If you mean the A-4 then you should grab the latest update for the A-4. The sliding issue was fixed a long time ago.

Edited by Miles Vorkosigan

Just want to say thanks for putting this server up. I've been having a great time flying the Huey, though I eventually get shot down. I just updated my A-4 (from 1.3) and am working on relearning the basics after being away from DCS for a year and a half. I have yet to figure out SRS, but it's on my list.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the server yesterday after training offline. Awesome, being able to play with the A-4 online! The mission task allocation is also really great. Of course it needs to be well prepared or one will end up attacking the wrong target, like I did…

I really enjoyed it! Thanks! 

• Like 1