BK90 Update

Cobra847

Thanks a lot, the viggen is my favorite DCS aircraft so far, and it's really nice yo see heatblur still devoting resources to its development :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Finally, that's something I've been waiting for, for a long time. Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Amazing, congratulations on this amazing work, big improvement! Thanks Heatblur team :)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

A nice doomsday weapon.

Sorry, I mean Ragnarök weapon. ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Unleash the Mjolnir!

Looks like it does justice to its name :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Now all we need is the ability to select a target on the map, right now there is no way to use the BK90 on MP server ...

:huh:

The the BK90 is my favorite weapon in MP (Operation Blue Flag) for quite some time now. You select the target by adding a waypoint on its position and make it a target waypoint. I don't see any problem?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Now all we need is the ability to select a target on the map, right now there is no way to use the BK90 on MP server ...

Well there are a number of ways of using it in MP.

If the target group is large enough (tightly grouped vehicles etc)

you can spot them with the radar.

But if there is a Jtac on the server you can always use that to get the target coordinates then simply make a waypoint for those coordinates and drop your BK 90s on it and as long as the Nav drift is not to bad you should score a hit.

You can even have other aircraft like the A-10C locate a target and then give the coordinates for you to drop BK 90s on it.

So there is nothing stopping you from using the BK 90 in multiplayer and with this update it will be a very effective weapon that i forsee being very popular in MP.

Well there are a number of ways of using it in MP.

If the target group is large enough (tightly grouped vehicles etc)

you can spot them with the radar.

But if there is a Jtac on the server you can always use that to get the target coordinates then simply make a waypoint for those coordinates and drop your BK 90s on it and as long as the Nav drift is not to bad you should score a hit.

You can even have other aircraft like the A-10C locate a target and then give the coordinates for you to drop BK 90s on it.

So there is nothing stopping you from using the BK 90 in multiplayer and with this update it will be a very effective weapon that i forsee being very popular in MP.

I can use all the weapons except this one, bascially what i'm trying to do is drop the BK 90 on either a taxiway or runaway and i'm sure your aware lately the runaway is not showing up on the radar as well as it once did.

I know the Long/Lat of where I want to drop but I can't seem to find a good tutoral on YT that shows me what i'm doing wrong. Usually when I fly its without a flight plan on a MP server.

I guess you have difficulties setting up a flightplan in-game (without mission editor). It is quite easy once you know what to enter in the computer. I usually need about 1 minute to enter the whole flightplan and other settings. What I found really useful is a cheatsheet like this:

eg7hd0U.png

Combine that with the manual that explains each step in detail.

I guess you have difficulties setting up a flightplan in-game (without mission editor). It is quite easy once you know what to enter in the computer. I usually need about 1 minute to enter the whole flightplan and other settings. What I found really useful is a cheatsheet like this:

Combine that with the manual that explains each step in detail.

Yes I have reviewed the cheatsheet but i'm not talking about single player gaming, I play alot of multiplayer and what's really needed is a pre-flight planning tool for multiplayer.

This will hopefully will slove the problem once its released :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195724

I appreciate your help guys. :thumbup:

Yes I have reviewed the cheatsheet but i'm not talking about single player gaming, I play alot of multiplayer and what's really needed is a pre-flight planning tool for multiplayer.

There is no difference between SP and MP here. Zabuza was actually talking about setting up your own flight plan in the cockpit. That is actually pretty simple once you have figured out how to enter coordinates into the nav system. When I fly MP (usally on the Blue Flag server) I always create my own flight plan before taking off.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Inserting coordinates is very easy i even do it mid flight.

Its super easy to do in MP.

After you start up the aircraft and the nav computer switch it to Ref/lola and Input.

Then go to the map of where you want the waypoint to be (so in this case if you want to hit the taxiways of a runway put the cursor over the taxiway you want to hit)

you will then see the coordinates shown in the top left of the screen and simply type them into the computer just remember to insert them Longitude (East/West) then Latitude (North/South) since they are listed with latitude first on the map.

Easiest way of insterting them is to bind the keys for the nav computer keypad (i have them bound to the numpad) that way you dont have to write them down or having to go back and forth between map and inputing etc.

After you have inserted the coordinates simply create the waypoint by clicking one of the waypoint buttons (B1-9).

After that simply takeoff fly towards the waypoint and when you are 7-8km away traveling at high speed (and at the correct low altitude) drop the BK 90s.

I regularly do Runway strikes in MP using this method and it works perfectly.

I generally make 4 waypoints (1 for each BK 90) to have them hit specific point and if you do that simply launch 1 then select the next waypoint launch that one and so on.

Easiest way of insterting them is to bind the keys for the nav computer keypad (i have them bound to the numpad) that way you dont have to write them down or having to go back and forth between map and inputing etc.

After you have inserted the coordinates simply create the waypoint by clicking one of the waypoint buttons (B1-9).

Seconding this, I cannot recommend it enough.

I usually fly with a steno book on a kneeboard so I can tab over to the map, jot down coordinates, and then mash them into the computer. Adds a bit to my startup time, but that's life with the Viggen. It's not much though if you have the keys bound well.

The other thing that will save you time is keep an eye out for regular routes you find yourself taking (especially through the mountain passes), so you can stitch together missions on the fly. If you're flying on a server like 107th (where the A2G missions are generally known in advance) then you can spend a little extra time doing up plans in advance, then mashing them in when a new mission comes up, no time in the map needed. It's some work up front, but saves me a ton of time in game when I have the QFE and LOLA of my targets all referenceable and ready to go.

Good luck!

Kozality

Vargar 1-2

107th JAS

http://throughtheinferno.com/

Unleash the Mjolnir!

We've been working with Eagle Dynamics to update the simulation of the BK-90 for the Viggen. It will soon correctly dispense bomblets and work properly in Multiplayer.

Superb update to a fine aircraft simulation.

I recently got the Viggen out of the hangar in 2.5 and the new Caucuses map is just stunning at low level in the Viggen!:thumbup:

I am creating some missions with a CTLD JTAC. The nice thing about that little add on is that you get the Coordinates fed to you with each newly identified target. You can place a JTAC in a camoflaged LUP and send a convoy past him. When he sees the convoy you will get the Coordinates and he will laser/IR/Smoke the target as well. Additionally you can order the JTAC to only identify specific targets, Air Defences, Armour, infantry......;)

Now whacking them with a BK-90 will be very interesting!

Thanks for the Viggen, if I can't have a GR4 then fast n'low in the Viggen it is!:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky