4 days not enough to properly evaluate Viggen for newbie

4 days not enough to properly evaluate Viggen for nood like myself. So anyways, try to RB75(Maverick).

Weapon selector on RB75

Trigger safety ARM

Seeker UNCAGED

Weapon Release trigger.

No weapon release. So I missed something. How is that RB75 bore sight glass supposed to work. It is almost pure white, when RB75 is selected. I cant see anything in it. Not crosshairs, not target.

For the love of G*d Allmighty, do not count on Grim Reapers YT posts to give useful instruction.

4 days not enough to properly evaluate Viggen for nood like myself. So anyways, try to RB75(Maverick).

Weapon selector on RB75

Trigger safety ARM

Seeker UNCAGED

Weapon Release trigger.

No weapon release. So I missed something. How is that RB75 bore sight glass supposed to work. It is almost pure white, when RB75 is selected. I cant see anything in it. Not crosshairs, not target.

For the love of G*d Allmighty, do not count on Grim Reapers YT posts to give useful instruction.

You also need to set the Master Mode Selector (or whatever it's called) to ANF, but I think you have already done that.

The display has some brightness issues unfortunately since the last few updates.

And yeah, the Grim Reapers are a horrible source for useful instructions.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You also need to set the Master Mode Selector (or whatever it's called) to ANF, but I think you have already done that.

The display has some brightness issues unfortunately since the last few updates.

And yeah, the Grim Reapers are a horrible source for useful instructions.

It is not strictly necessary to switch to ANF Mode, but It is desirable to it as in ANF the maverick screen is always on.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

I thought that , per early manual, that Maverick(RB75), on Viggen, can be fired only in boresight mode. Meaning that , I placed the dot on HUD (in RB75 mode per weapon selector), on target point. Then hold down RELEASE WEAPON r FIRE WEAPON. I get a numerical countdown, but weapon is not being released. Eventually bore sight glass and dot start to flash , signifying low altitude , pull up time, to avoid CFIT.

Yeah IIRC you need to slew the crosshairs, press the lock button (which changes the cross to indicate a lock) and then pickle.

Get these missions, they are great for practicing as they are all set up on attacking runs and you can just hit restart when done and try again. Great for playing with bombing modes etc.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302241/

EDT: infact just buy the module because to be honest, you won't be disappointed. I have owned it for a while and still have much to learn about the onboard computer system.

1) When you know there is coming a free period for the module, download the manual/guide.

2) Make a list of your wanted tests to do. So you know example what weapons to try, what mission procedures to try etc.

3) You can preinstall the module, you just don't get it activated to fly. But you can make missions already before.

Now when you have missions ready before free period starts, you can start reading the manual for the procedures. Take notes that what are the tasks. This is where the Chucks guides comes very handy.

The free period goes mainly for just learning to fly, how it feels, how it performs etc. So you get the experience for flying the thing. It doesn't really matter how you will destroy target by dropping a Mk.82 variant bomb, launching rockets or so. They are all the same really. What now switches, modes are different. But the flying is different. The navigation systems are different. How the aircraft handles in landing and take-off, how you can accelerate and turn etc. That is what you can't find from any guide or manual.

And for that, 3-4 days is more than plenty.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

4 Days is plenty. More than i got (none) and certainly more than is needed to get a feel. There seems to something of a creep in the feeling of entitlement that these free trials have brought on.

These are very good tutorials although i found nothing really that wrong with the GR ones either at the time.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255659

As with everything DCS, dont expect something that worked even yesterday to work the same way today or even at all.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.