Will deck crew make correction in case of wrong alignment?

ViperDriver

In FS, when the aircraft arrive at the gate on some scenery, the marshaller does not guide the aircraft left or right (as far as I know), but indicate the aircraft to stop when at the correct position.

There are ton's of addons for the civilian flightsims that provide both lineup and braking point marshalling at the gate.

Again, the video shows the deck crew clearly guiding the AC on the catapult. There is every reason to believe these are not just scripted animations but are depending on what the user (or even AI?) aircraft does.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

...Again, the video shows the deck crew clearly guiding the AC on the catapult. There is every reason to believe these are not just scripted animations but are depending on what the user (or even AI?) aircraft does.

We must have different meanings of "clearly". :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Wouldn't it be easier to simply wait for ED to showcase some of the Supercarrier features when they get closer to the initial release?

I trust that Wags will drop some videos to clue us in what's coming exactly.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wouldn't it be easier to simply wait for ED to showcase some of the Supercarrier features when they get closer to the initial release?

I trust that Wags will drop some videos to clue us in what's coming exactly.

Yeah... But then where does my (and many others) entertainment come from? :D

I do wonder how we will we make the deck transition from launch to recovery? Radio calls? Those waist cat crewmen, especially #3, might want to relocate. :D

If just people would anyways be required to make the radio calls, perform the correct flight patterns etc before landing.... Even in single player, unless disabled.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...

I write this here although I had planned a time ago to upload in a related topic to land base aircrafts, but I think that here it is valid too (ACLARATION: the paragraph in bold can be applied for onboard air operations); ok there we go:

This is for ground crew support personnel aircrafts, not for carriers CVN/CV/LHA, etc.

For practical reasons the ground crew clothing and equipment can be the same for all US planes, Russia has their respective, etc. Instead, for obvious reasons, every plane have their exclusive animations personnel (to fit it when work under wings and around the plane), and vehicles for rearm and refuel.

When taxing heading to their respective spot and "near" it, using a key, the pilot can chose to "automatic", and the plane head itself to his exclusive asigned spot; or choose to move manually to their spot as usual ( a "ghost" plane, stopped and centered, where it should stop with the form of used plane can appear to help the pilot to match it (the ghost plane could only be seen by the user); if the plane no fit exactly, then the plane instantly accommodate and the ground crew can start arming and refueling automatically by an scripted sequence.

Rearm and refuel:

The time duration from this actions can be regulated for the user and/or the server, and can be set in several time options, for example:

A- Normal time ( the real time for rearm and refuel the plane )

B- Accelerate time.

C- Instantly.

That's it all I can imagine for a mayor immersion and realism, and not an empty huge concrete plataforms.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg