JTAC for KA-50

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help. No JTAC menu avilable. When I set the SPU-9 on VHF-1, then use the communications menu, no option appears.

Yes, I did install the JTAC V1.3 files into the appropriate locations.

Any ideas..?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Not flying Ka50 at the moment but if I were I would use your mod.

Ps : why can´t I give you rep?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Help. No JTAC menu avilable. When I set the SPU-9 on VHF-1, then use the communications menu, no option appears.

Yes, I did install the JTAC V1.3 files into the appropriate locations.

Any ideas..?

Before you try again. Make sure the JTAC mod is the last one you've installed. Your auto-updater could have overwritten files after the latest update.

Read+understand the manual.

Is it only the JTAC option that does not appear? Are you sure there is active JTAC in the mission at the moment you open the menu?

@asparagin

Looks like it worked, thank you!:smilewink:

• Like 1

'Frett'

Are you sure there is active JTAC in the mission at the moment you open the menu?

SOLVED. I assigned the FAC role to a BLUE unit :doh:.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

SOLVED. I assigned the FAC role to a BLUE unit :doh:.

And you were red?

The only condition required to make JTAC work is a western (NATO) unit. Red or blue is a matter of the mission designer's taste, although it makes more sense to use red for a USSR coalition.

Glad you got it working!

'Frett'

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your mod and simple trouble shooting.

Dear TurboHog.

Greetings from South Korea.

I think that your mod is one of the most brilliant mod that i ever saw, and i am really appreciating for your work. now i am enjoying your mod on 1.2.3 and it is really great. ^ ^

during installation (i installed this mod manually without any other program), i had a same problem just as "mastiff" experienced, which is that no communication menu on screen when i pressed "\" button.

i tried the same way as you wrote in end line of "#16", but i couldn't find the "keyboard.lua" on my dcs folder (now i know that file belongs to save game folder, not dcs folder).

but i resolve this problem simply by modifying options.

OPTIONS->CONTROLS->KA-50 SIMS, RADIO COMMUNICATIONS-> clear the key (normally "\") assigned on "COMMUNICATION MENU".

then, re-assign the key on OPTIONS->CONTROLS->KA-50 SIMS, Ins Cyclic Stick->SPU-9 PTT.

that's it. it works perfectly.

i hope this simple tip would be helpful to other people. once again, THANX TurboHog.

OPTIONS->CONTROLS->KA-50 SIMS, RADIO COMMUNICATIONS-> clear the key (normally "\") assigned on "COMMUNICATION MENU".

then, re-assign the key on OPTIONS->CONTROLS->KA-50 SIMS, Ins Cyclic Stick->SPU-9 PTT.

Didnt this change anything else? I would like to know why there is even a key binding for COMMUNICATION MENU if you can reach the same with SPU-9 PTT.

Does anybody know this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didnt this change anything else? I would like to know why there is even a key binding for COMMUNICATION MENU if you can reach the same with SPU-9 PTT.

Does anybody know this?

I believe the original binding works if you're using Simple Radio mode. If you're using realistic mode, you have to use the SPU-9 PTT key, which I've bound to RAlt+\. The original binding doesn't work on UK keyboards so I had to change it.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I believe the original binding works if you're using Simple Radio mode. If you're using realistic mode, you have to use the SPU-9 PTT key, which I've bound to RAlt+\. The original binding doesn't work on UK keyboards so I had to change it.

Thanks for your answer. Ive tested this statement in realistic mode. I dont see any difference between using the communication menu or the ptt button except the headline of the menu. If you press communication menu the headline is "Main" and if you use the ptt button the headline states the currently selected radio. Apart from that i dont see any difference. Im able to call the ground crew with the door open and wrong radio selections with both keys. Im not able to call the ground crew with the door closed unless the intercom is selected. This works for both keys. ATC works as expected with both keys. As long as the radio is tuned correctly and VHF2 is selected im able to contact ATC. Again, this works for both keys.

As conclusion: Both keys do the same in realistic mode without the JTAC mod installed. Maybe in easy mode the PTT uses the radios as in realistic mode and the communication menu utilizes the easy communication simplifications? Finally, it seems that both keys are different at some level internally as the JTAC mod requires the usage of the PTT button. However, i havent tested the JTAC mod at all so this is just repeated from other posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your answer. Ive tested this statement in realistic mode. I dont see any difference between using the communication menu or the ptt button except the headline of the menu. If you press communication menu the headline is "Main" and if you use the ptt button the headline states the currently selected radio. Apart from that i dont see any difference. Im able to call the ground crew with the door open and wrong radio selections with both keys. Im not able to call the ground crew with the door closed unless the intercom is selected. This works for both keys. ATC works as expected with both keys. As long as the radio is tuned correctly and VHF2 is selected im able to contact ATC. Again, this works for both keys.

As conclusion: Both keys do the same in realistic mode without the JTAC mod installed. Maybe in easy mode the PTT uses the radios as in realistic mode and the communication menu utilizes the easy communication simplifications? Finally, it seems that both keys are different at some level internally as the JTAC mod requires the usage of the PTT button. However, i havent tested the JTAC mod at all so this is just repeated from other posts.

Interesting. Perhaps an update has changed things but I do recall people being unable to even get the Radio menu to appear until they setup and used the SPU-9 key rather than the simple radio key.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Interesting. Perhaps an update has changed things but I do recall people being unable to even get the Radio menu to appear until they setup and used the SPU-9 key rather than the simple radio key.

They changed it with one of the DCS World updates long ago...

In this post I explain how you can use your old profile with the new SPU-9 combo...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1509178&postcount=32

'Frett'

• 3 weeks later...
I was reading a post from someone and he said: If the A10C has JTAC, then why is it not possible to add it for the KA-50?

Just an inquiry does your jtac v1.3 still work with the new dcsw 1.24 system, or does it need a rehash.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I can contact with the JTAC in the Fast Mission creator, but they say there's nothing I can do. Any idea? There are plenty of targets in F10 map.

Try with the special mission that I've made for it?

And it should work OK. I was able to use JTAC with 1.2.4 but I don't know about today's update.

'Frett'

Next step JTAC for UH-1H ? Would be great!

Having problems implementing it. Miniguns are probably not recognized as a valid weapon yet as there is no sound file for it and scores or hits are not detected when using the minigun. The Check-in line and remarks won't work so this mod is not ready for a Huey version, yet.

'Frett'

Try with the special mission that I've made for it?

And it should work OK. I was able to use JTAC with 1.2.4 but I don't know about today's update.

Will try tonight and get back with the results.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

You have an error. Jtaс does not issue corrections. if the mission is AAA.

Look in the file NATO can be there.

v 1.2.4

Будьте осторожнее в своих желаниях.

Прошу все мои сообщения считать случайным набором букв , цифр , и прочих знаков орфографии, не несущих смысловой нагрузки.

You have an error. Jtaс does not issue corrections. if the mission is AAA.

Look in the file NATO can be there.

v 1.2.4

Could you check out if the following two attached files fixes the problems?

NATO.lua goes into: ...\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\NATO.lua

comm.lua goes into: ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\comm.lua

comm.zip

NATO.zip

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

I will apply the mod from scratch using the updated files.

I will wait untill 1.2.5 as ED is suggesting that 1.2.5 will fix the remaining bugs, suggesting that their focus will shift to the unfortunately-not-dcs-at-all F15 and SU27 modules and maybe that desert.

I will be abroad for a month in june but I hope to release JTAC 1.4 right or sometime after the 1.2.5 update.

I'm also looking into the possibility to add JTAC to the Huey. I need some DCS world sound files that I hope will be added to the default installation in a future update. At the moment I can't get it to work.

EDIT:

Disregard, see below!

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Could you check out if the following two attached files fixes the problems?

NATO.lua goes into: ...\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\NATO.lua

comm.lua goes into: ...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\comm.lua

Works with the Ka-50.:)

Does not work with the A-10.:(

But if you replace the file in the default NATO. That JTAC with the A-10s works.

Будьте осторожнее в своих желаниях.

Прошу все мои сообщения считать случайным набором букв , цифр , и прочих знаков орфографии, не несущих смысловой нагрузки.

Need tester for V1.4. I'm interested in people who encountered problems with v1.3 in DCS 1.2.4. PM me.

I simply ported all lines associated with the JTAC mod to the corresponding DCSW v1.2.4 files.

It works for me so now I only need a couple of people to confirm that v1.4 is ready for release. :thumbup:

'Frett'