randomize missions selection

DLEGION

hello guys!

i really miss the lack of randomization...especially weather, time of the day and mission selection.

i was looking for something like "at start choose a random mission from a list"

or even better "choose a random weather and time of the day" .

i prefer not use external things like MIST...if its possible somehow achieve the same result with default editor.

thanks for any input on this !

Edited by DLEGION
more complete topic

heh...right now i made a dozen of different version of the same mission (each with its own time and weather), but its terribly inefficient and not pratical to update...and still not "random", because i defined the times and weather!

i hoped in a simpler and more logical solution, allowing real random and not just a finite number of pre-determined situations.

any way ?

You might be able to get something to work using the campaign editor. If I recall, campaigns are broken into stages and the campaign selects each mission from a stage at random. So if you put a bunch of identical missions with different time and weather into the same stage and then start the campaign, you'll get one at random.

I haven't tried this, so I'm not sure exactly what's involved. Ironically it was campaigns using a random selection that drove me away from them.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files