Setting fuel level of external tanks?

GTFreeFlyer

I’m not sure if this is even possible IRL, but can fuel be transferred into external tanks during AAR? I’ve set up a AAR practice session for myself and added external tanks to the aircraft in hopes of allowing for additional time taking fuel from the tanker.

However, when I set the initial fuel level in mission editor to 20%, it seems to work only for the internal tanks. The externals are always full. So, how do I set the initial capacity of the external tanks?

Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Generally depends on the aircraft but as far as I am aware most if not all of the flyable aircraft with external fuel tanks will fill up the fuel tank when doing AAR.

You can't set the amount of fuel in the tanks, so you can just balance it with the internal fuel. Worth noting that a few aircraft like the M-2000C, AV-8B, and F-14B have the choice to mount empty fuel tanks.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks. I wanted to start with empty tanks when I spawn behind the tanker in my mission. Oh well.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

For the AV8B you can select empty fuel tanks on the wing.

When you hook up with the tanker, these will also get filled up to 100%

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Thanks. Looking specifically for A-10 and Hornet.