FC3 planes a bit shaky...

ravenzino

Hi all,

I started my DCS journey about 4 months ago with F/A-18C being my first paid model. Played a lot with that, excellent experience no doubt. Nailed Case I/Case III carrier landing and AAR not very long ago, and still keep on sharping my skill on those recently. Enjoyed that a lot.

Now to expand my experience further and to answer my love of great fighters like F-15 and Su-27/33, I start trying FC3 plane.

They are noticeably easier to start with, and I even managed to complete my first Boom type AAR in F-15C last weekend.

However, one thing that keeps annoying me is the extra "shaky" feeling compared with F/A-18 when "sitting" in the cockpit of FC3 planes and manoeuvring them. The cockpit (not the plane) would move/shake, although quite slightly sometimes, in response to almost any level of manoeuvring action, slight or sharp, which is not very helping in formation flying and AAR. Realism? May be, but still hope I can turn that specific detail off as if I had a very strong neck to keep my head in place and precisely in sync with the cockpit/plane in RL... :megalol:

Anyone else feels the same as I do? And how you deal with that other than "getting use to it over time"......:lol:

Edited by ravenzino
For clarity, it is the cockpit that is shaky, the plane is fine...

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Under axis controls select pitch and roll and click tune at the bottom. Add a little deadline and a curve. Start with a curve if 10 and tweak up or down until you get the response that works for you. I run 15 on most modules, but it is a personal taste thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under axis controls select pitch and roll and click tune at the bottom. Add a little deadline and a curve. Start with a curve if 10 and tweak up or down until you get the response that works for you. I run 15 on most modules, but it is a personal taste thing.

I did. Apologies that I should’ve made it clearer. It is the cockpit, rather than the plane, is a bit shaky, which could indirectly but consequently impact my feel of the plane and could result in over pitching / rolling. (Still my genuine inputs but due to misjudgment form those slight extra cockpit movements)

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

I know what you’re talking about, and I find it annoying, although only in a couple modules. Specifically, it’s very noticeable in the Su-25T when you overspeed. Instead of shaking the cockpit and keeping your view stable relative to the world, such as we’ve seen in the tomcat, and other modules like the F-5 and MiG-21, it shakes your actual viewpoint. It’s incredibly annoying, especially in VR, and you can’t read or focus on anything. The F-15’s viewpoint does also seem much more “loose” than in other planes, when you roll hard your head wobbles all over the place even with “Head movement from G Forces” disabled in the settings.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

I know what you’re talking about, and I find it annoying, although only in a couple modules. Specifically, it’s very noticeable in the Su-25T when you overspeed. Instead of shaking the cockpit and keeping your view stable relative to the world, such as we’ve seen in the tomcat, and other modules like the F-5 and MiG-21, it shakes your actual viewpoint. It’s incredibly annoying, especially in VR, and you can’t read or focus on anything. The F-15’s viewpoint does also seem much more “loose” than in other planes, when you roll hard your head wobbles all over the place even with “Head movement from G Forces” disabled in the settings.

Thanks mate!:thumbup: "Loose" is exactly what I felt, even after disabled "Head movement from G Forces" option...

Guess you are probably right, it could be about the referencing system that the viewpoint is base on. Wondering why DCS can't unify that across all the models. Otherwise, on that specific detail, shall we say F/A-18C's experience is more realistic over F-15C or the other way around?:D

This probably is a different story at a different level while my initial intention is merely to seek for a mitigation if there's any, but when you actually think about it, although planes are vastly different amongst models, basic aviation / physics details like this shouldn't be model dependent at all, unless that specific model / plane in RL does have something special that could impact the head movement and is therefore worthwhile to be modelled differently...:)

Guess "getting use to it over time" might actually be the only option, for now at least... :megalol:

PG, NTTR

...Specifically, it’s very noticeable in the Su-25T when you overspeed. Instead of shaking the cockpit and keeping your view stable relative to the world, such as we’ve seen in the tomcat, and other modules like the F-5 and MiG-21, it shakes your actual viewpoint. It’s incredibly annoying, especially in VR, and you can’t read or focus on anything...

Perhaps it's overdone but the reality is that not only would the cockpit be shaking but so would your head and not necessarily in the same direction. If the motion is sufficiently severe, you won't be focusing on much of anything. But, of course, there's a big difference between sitting in from of a monitor and sitting in a cockpit.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I remember there was a "cockpit shake" slider you could adjust, maybe in the special tab? Sorry not in a position to check atm.

...for the MiG-21, not for FC3. There are old threads floating around about this subject.

The F-15 buffet shake is probably a bit too much right now, but it's useful because it tells you something about your AoA. The really annoying thing is the 'headbob' with lateral input. It just tells you that your virtual pilot needs to spend more time in the gym to excercise his neckmuscles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

...The really annoying thing is the 'headbob' with lateral input. It just tells you that your virtual pilot needs to spend more time in the gym to excercise his neckmuscles.

:thumbup::megalol:

I think... I won't be able to drive my F-15C in a serious way any more...

PG, NTTR