[RESOLVED] FFB-suggestions for future implementation

birdstrike

ok i understand we will get a basic ffb support with the next patch, and if i understood correctly, there will be a proper ffb implementation at some later point.

so i think, its the right time to bring up some suggestions.

im using the msffb2 sidewinder for all my modules, and seeing how the ffb is implemented there, the jets as well as the warbirds, there are a few things that i really miss, which i think would make ffb much much better, and i would love if you guys from heatblur, could also take ffb to the next level, just like u did with the rest of this bird.

now the features i really miss on all the other modules are pretty much only 2 things:

-seperate spring force for pitch and roll:

in the other modules, it immediately overwrites the 2nd axis as soon as you adjust the 1st one. so you can't have for example elevator force set to 100, and ailerons to 80.

(with the fedit.exe program, this is possible, and gives quite a distinctive feeling to the stick, making fine adjustments over only 1axis much more precise)

really this feature is the one i miss the most, and sometimes makes me miss my old ch fighterstick, which had seperate springs for both elevator and ailerons.

-friction and damper forces:

in the other planes, there is only the spring force and the shaking force u can adjust. friction and damper forces are completely missing. would be awesome if we were able to adjust those two forces as well for the f-14.

(again in fedit.exe, as well as in simffb.exe, you can add friction and damper forces to the stick, which makes the stick feel more like a real life stick)

implement these, and im gonna buy every module from u guys. :D

Edited by Cobra847

ok i understand we will get a basic ffb support with the next patch, and if i understood correctly, there will be a proper ffb implementation at some later point.

so i think, its the right time to bring up some suggestions.

im using the msffb2 sidewinder for all my modules, and seeing how the ffb is implemented there, the jets as well as the warbirds, there are a few things that i really miss, which i think would make ffb much much better, and i would love if you guys from heatblur, could also take ffb to the next level, just like u did with the rest of this bird.

now the features i really miss on all the other modules are pretty much only 2 things:

-seperate spring force for pitch and roll:

in the other modules, it immediately overwrites the 2nd axis as soon as you adjust the 1st one. so you can't have for example elevator force set to 100, and ailerons to 80.

(with the fedit.exe program, this is possible, and gives quite a distinctive feeling to the stick, making fine adjustments over only 1axis much more precise)

really this feature is the one i miss the most, and sometimes makes me miss my old ch fighterstick, which had seperate springs for both elevator and ailerons.

-friction and damper forces:

in the other planes, there is only the spring force and the shaking force u can adjust. friction and damper forces are completely missing. would be awesome if we were able to adjust those two forces as well for the f-14.

(again in fedit.exe, as well as in simffb.exe, you can add friction and damper forces to the stick, which makes the stick feel more like a real life stick)

implement these, and im gonna buy every module from u guys. :D

Great suggesetion....good done FFB gives realy a edge in Dogfighting and overall immersion...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

+1

so much amount of potential not used, wich could be set to the next level

also some sort of light vibration (like visual cockpit vibration already implemented) can be added to FFB stick force easily, increasing x10 immersion.

(you can have and feel this in XP11 FFB plugin for example with is nice for an propeller engine aircraft vibrations regarding RPM )

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I'll donate my body to science if HB will implement the ffb.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Whilst those features are nice to haves, prsonally I'm much more fussed about having a good implementation of the force feedback, emphasis on the feedback.

Afaik we're just getting a centering spring to start with, hopefully that'll be fleshed out to a more detailed model, the F-14 stick itself was certainly equipped to provide something very tangible.

Whilst those features are nice to haves, prsonally I'm much more fussed about having a good implementation of the force feedback, emphasis on the feedback.

Afaik we're just getting a centering spring to start with, hopefully that'll be fleshed out to a more detailed model, the F-14 stick itself was certainly equipped to provide something very tangible.

ah yeah definitely...the feedback part of the forcefeedback shouldnt be missing. i didnt mention things like stickshaker(dont know whether the f-14 had this tbh),moving center with trim, and different forces at different speeds in my op, as honestly, i take these things as granted once they implement their proper ffb support.(the other modules which have ffb support have these things implemented as well)

with my op, i tried to point out things that are missing in all the other ffb supported modules, which would at least in my opinion, bring ffb to a whole different level.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3845157&postcount=28

Currently adding more detailed FFB support to approximate the artificial feel system. The stick now moves zero force position with pitch/roll trim and increases force with airspeed and G loading from the bob weight effect on the control linkages. Airframe shaking also causes the stick to vibrate. Tested with my MS Sidewinder FFB2, I had to swap axes under FF Tune just FYI.

Love you Heatblur for this first major step in the FFB world.

first AB detend was a surprise.

rolling on the RWY was a good surprise

High speed vibration in cockpit was also feelable in stick

great. ;-)

:thumbup:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

funnily, they already managed to make ffb implementation better than what ED did with the warbirds. buffeting is much more precise, and u really can feel when u pull too much, rather than be surprised by a sudden hard stick-shaking like on the warbirds. i really like what they did so far, and its only a place holder. cant wait to see what they come up with in future.

Did changed FFB with the new Patch, Stick Shake occurs now past 15 AOA thats little bit late before the last Patch it was perfect..

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

i agree that the previous ffb implementation felt much better. now the stick shaking seems to lag behind, and doesnt match the visual shaking anymore. with the previous patch this was perfect.

also the spring effect felt better before. hard to describe, but i could feel better whether i was giving aileron inputs during turns or not, whereas now, there is little feedback in this regard.

im convinced that fat creason will get it right it in the end though!

Edited by birdstrike

FFB RIO

HI there,

When entering the RIO seat, you also can feel the FFB but, i dont want to ! where can i disable it when RIO ?

signature%20giat%203rd.jpg

"Si je disposais de six heures pour abattre un arbre, je consacrerais les quatre premières heures à aiguiser ma hache. " Abraham LINCOLN

HI there,

When entering the RIO seat, you also can feel the FFB but, i dont want to ! where can i disable it when RIO ?

*maybe* if you unbind all the axis related to the ffb2 in your RIO controls, or reduce the feedback effects to zero.

Either that or install a switch onto the IR sensor that detects your hand, then you can toggle the ffb on or off.

OR

You could just unplug it from the mains :P

ok with todays update in regards of ffb...i think we are almost there! you hear me fat creason?

its nice to have finally a moving stick center with trimming the aircraft...

and its really awesome, to have 2 different strenghts on pitch and roll axis. (finally a dev team that really tries to get the most out of ffb)

2 things i have noticed though:

-when i first spawned...i almost thought that there is no ffb at all...it felt way too weak. so i jumped into the ffb settings and set both trimmerforce and shaking to 100%...went back into the mission and....still too weak for my taste. felt like 50% of the normal stick's forces...well, but after a while, all of a sudden the ffb seemed to really kick in, and i had like 2times the strenght...and from that point on it was almost perfect. the higher forces also remained when i reloaded the mission, but after restarting dcs, the weak forces were back again, and i had to fly for a couple of minutes until it kicked in. i still have to verify, but might be connected to running engines mid air? once i was out of fuel and sailed through the air, all of a sudden the ffb really kicked in.i have yet to make a cold start with it and see if the normal forces are there from the beginning that way...

and the second thing

-buffeting: i think its actually nice, that we dont have any buffeting anymore while flying straight with super sonic speeds.i thought it was a little annoying to have the stick shake continuously only because i fly fast with afterburner, without pulling. furthermore, i felt thats waste on the ffb motors lifetime of the stick(shaking all the time literally)

but, it might be, that the buffeting effects when actually pulling g's, kick in a little late. not dramatically, but maybe its better to have them slightly earlier noticeable.

but fat creason, your approach to ffb is already the best we have in any fixed wing bird in dcs! now lets see whether we can get those remaining items fixed! thx a lot sir for listening.

Edited by birdstrike

2 things i have noticed though:

-when i first spawned...i almost thought that there is no ffb at all...it felt way too weak. so i jumped into the ffb settings and set both trimmerforce and shaking to 100%...went back into the mission and....still too weak for my taste. felt like 50% of the normal stick's forces...well, but after a while, all of a sudden the ffb seemed to really kick in, and i had like 2times the strenght...and from that point on it was almost perfect. the higher forces also remained when i reloaded the mission, but after restarting dcs, the weak forces were back again, and i had to fly for a couple of minutes until it kicked in. i still have to verify, but might be connected to running engines mid air? once i was out of fuel and sailed through the air, all of a sudden the ffb really kicked in.i have yet to make a cold start with it and see if the normal forces are there from the beginning that way...

and the second thing

-buffeting: i think its actually nice, that we dont have any buffeting anymore while flying straight with super sonic speeds.i thought it was a little annoying to have the stick shake continuously only because i fly fast with afterburner, without pulling. furthermore, i felt thats waste on the ffb motors lifetime of the stick(shaking all the time literally)

but, it might be, that the buffeting effects when actually pulling g's, kick in a little late. not dramatically, but maybe its better to have them slightly earlier noticeable.

but fat creason, your approach to ffb is already the best we have in any fixed wing bird in dcs! now lets see whether we can get those remaining items fixed! thx a lot sir for listening.

Agreed with pretty much everything here. +1

Forces are weak when on the ground but increase with G loading and airspeed. I like it. Great stuff!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

gosh, since F14 came out, my SW FFB stick has been perfect :) now after this last patch and maybe also since last patch .190 The FFB keeps sending me into a half right roll and a little pitch down.

Tried all the obvious things:

- tried power off everything, center the stick, plug it in (both Power and USB) then bring everthing up and try it. same lean

- tried game controller calibration, and then also with the first thing... no change

- looked all thru the DCS controls , no sign of a recenter for FFB or stick.

- joy stick centers fine in calibration but once it gets a FFB cue it goes right to starboard roll with a little dive in the mix.

So sad, this was working great and had no complaints. FFB and stick was really adding to the feel and feedback from the Tomcat. Now I may have an excuse to drop FFB altogether and buy the full Warthog suite.

So, I may be a jackass. Trim seems to be solving the problem although oddly, trim is left wing down = pitch up and right wing down = pitch down or some such BS.

Still working on it. I didn't change anything to get this all F'd up. Whatever works. I'll try duct tape next.