Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

recently ED social media accounts are making SU-27 marketing. (they used a SU-33 pic though)

Can it be a flanker?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

recently ED social media accounts are making SU-27 marketing. (they used a SU-33 pic though)

Can it be a flanker?

Chizh vigorously denied that the Flanker can be done by ED last month on the Russian forum, telling it was still classified. So I guess the answer would be "no". But Nineline told on hoggit that this only applied specifically to the Su-27, so if there is a hope for a 4th gen Russian fighter, early versions of MiG-29 are the most probable (but still not so much realistic) bet.

Latest video by Matt: "... and who knows, maybe an Apache one day"

He said that is such a voice that I hear a hint there. Syria Damascus video.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Chizh vigorously denied that the Flanker can be done by ED last month on the Russian forum, telling it was still classified. So I guess the answer would be "no". But Nineline told on hoggit that this only applied specifically to the Su-27, so if there is a hope for a 4th gen Russian fighter, early versions of MiG-29 are the most probable (but still not so much realistic) bet.

Correction: Sith/Nineline said he assumed Chizh was speaking about the Su-27 specifically. It was not an official statement saying it was only about the Su-27.

However, reading what Chizh wrote, I figured it was pretty clear he was being more generic about Rusfor aircraft in general.

Better to assume they can't do it and be pleasantly surprised if they can, than to get people's hopes and expectations up with guesses and rumors.

Edited by Buzzles

Here's the link:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:doh::doh::doh: Just heard it. So pitty it's not a full eastern aircraft :cry: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

That's really sad, but I didn't really expect my dream to come true, not this time. Ok, will have to wait till (and if) some 3rd party finally rolls out some Russian modern stuff 5 years from now. Heartbreaking for me, but nothing can be done about this.

He also spoke quite a lot about MiG-29 in the same video! There is still hope ????

I wouldn't get hopes up. But, we ARE getting a Hind. And the coolest variant, IMO.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thanks!

You guys really shouldnt jump to conclusions this quickly.

jUkvLKt.png

From the comments of that video

Yeah, it's nice. I wonder if it is in fact the one "eagerly awaited".

I am all in for MiG-29, but Apache... oh well probably at some point I would buy as well, like I did with Ka-50 not so long ago.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

He also spoke quite a lot about MiG-29 in the same video! There is still hope ????
:lol::lol::lol::lol: hope so :D .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Better to assume they can't do it and be pleasantly surprised if they can, than to get people's hopes and expectations up with guesses and rumors.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

13:20

"And you know someday, I am not saying it will happen, but if we have large, you know, office outside Russia for engineering, maybe it is possibility then. But as long our principle the development studio is in Russia, doing a modern day Russian aircraft is not possible for us".

Would a opening of such a studio outside Russia be a "brain-melting" for us, that would allow ED to open such possibilities for future module development?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

cc9f4e43506718163a7b294fc73e5466-1200x0-c-default.jpg

Good luck to find a binding methods for THAT thing for a gunner....

Maybe those who have a three joysticks become happy, having two "space-sticks" combination tightly closely together for gunner use, and then one center mounted as cyclic for both.

324053692_AH-64gunner.jpg.1f2004eb0ef4004d793bf3a39e655b7d.jpg

1030026183_AH-64pilot.jpg.290e76cdb904b9d2adea6fa3ce4dc316.jpg

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Good luck to find a binding methods for THAT thing for a gunner....

I would use my VR hand controller(s) for everything i have not mapped to my HOTAS like i do in every module.

Also you can use your VR hand controller already in some modules to fly them(grab and use stick/throttle), so it could be the perfect VR module.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

11:20-11:31 ( 11:28 specifically)

To quote Wags " and who knows, maybe an Apache someday" ;)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As per the timeline and realistic expectations:

F-15E and Mig 23 so far...

F-4 Phantom is the aircraft that I truly want to see fastracked. But for some reason, it has been extended around 2022.

So, it seems we have a loooong waiting time...

Also others are also wanting Civilian or Logistic, Cargo, AWACS centered planes between all these current awaited planes that obviously takes more than 3 years.

Looks like we'll be seeing new stuff maybe around LATE 2020.

Saab Gripen would be nice.

A Gripen would be nice but it is also very unlikely since it is a fairly new jet with classified systems that is still being produced and exported to other countries.

Brazil is set to start production of them soon.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/34646/swedens-saab-launches-gripen-e-smart-fighter-component-production-in-brazil

Why moved?

OK, why was it moved from Chit Chat to wishlist section?

A Gripen would be nice but it is also very unlikely since it is a fairly new jet with classified systems that is still being produced and exported to other countries.

Brazil is set to start production of them soon.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/34646/swedens-saab-launches-gripen-e-smart-fighter-component-production-in-brazil

Why, we are getting the EF2000.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).