CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by Captain Orso; 02-16-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #2682
sthompson

The question was about VoiceAttack, not VAICOM, but perhaps reasonable to assume that the user is using VAICOM. However as reported in the VAICOM thread the feature of VAICOM that mutes SRS when VAICOM is active mutes all SRS communication, and not just commands to VAICOM. As such it is not a worakable solution to the problem of keeping voice communication with the VAICOM engine separate from voice communication with other players via SRS. The workaround that I have been using is to use VAICOM's TX6 node to talk to the AI engine but also requires using VAICOM's instant select feature. This bypasses SRS completely. But you need to configure a separate PTT for it in VAICOM. Separating the PTT functions is currently the only reliable way to keep the two communications functions separate in my experiments. Ditto if you want to also have PTT for Teamspeak, Discord, or the new DCS voicechat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
One for Hollywood (VAICOM) rather than myself (i think?)

Currently SRS has an integration with VAICOM where VAICOM can inhibit the transmission of an SRS transmission when VAICOM is dealing with it.

Enable Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit for this feature to work.

There isnt anything for the other way around - i.e SRS PTT is pressed so VAICOM shouldnt listen but could be done but would need work from Hollywoods side
Old 02-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #2683
sthompson

You can change the default to not show the overlay by unchecking the appropriate box on the SRS "Special" tab under DCS options. That is, within DCS itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomke View Post
Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?
Old 02-16-2020, 06:54 PM   #2684
JAGTUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
That is 100% a false positive.... As its the file from Microsoft (and signed)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...al-c-downloads

Specifically- https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Compare the hash to see

Thanks Ciribob.

I just downloaded the "VC_redist.x64.exe" from microsoft and I get a virus warning too.

Have a nice flight!

Last edited by JAGTUX; 02-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.
JAGTUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #2685
pocketedition

No, he's not talking of Viacom. Although he owns Vaicom Pro it just doesn't work for him.
This is not about Vaicom. This is in reference to getting VOICEATTACK and SRS to work at the same time.
He uses VOICEATTACK instead of his old fingers to operate the keyboard commands. They (fingers) do not work as they used to.

Would like to have the PTT button on the Hotas Throttle activate the talk function in SRS, however at the same time could this also "mute" VOICEATTACK
This would allow the use of VOICEATTACK to (for example) switch radar functions without the command being broadcast to all.

Although VOICEATTACK promotes the theoretical use a "Mute" button, several attempts at following VOICEATTACK's own instructions this function seems to be missing something in its practical application. Any and all advice from VOICEATTACK is to follow the instructions, But.......

SRS.........Great
VoiceAttack.Great.........Can they work together, at the same time?
pocketedition is offline   Reply With Quote