Frogfoot ~ Training Model ~ Purchase Model

Bartacomus

The module that comes for free with the base DCS download is the Su-25T, which is an anti-tank variant of the Su-25. The module that is available for purchase is the original Su-25. I don't have much experience flying the Su-25, so I can't speak to the differences in the quality of the flight model or the performance of the aircraft, but as far as weapons go I do know that the Su-25T has a few more options to choose from.

Both aircraft can equip TV-guided missiles, short range IR air-to-air missiles, unguided bombs (up to 500 kg, I believe), gun pods, and unguided rockets. The Su-25T however can also equip Vikhr laser-guided missles, an IR targeting pod, as well as Anti-Radiation (SEAD) missiles and the necessary targeting pod for those as well.

Not having explored the Su-25 myself, I'm not really sure how much these differences affect its flexibility.

---------------

As far as I know, there is no difference between the Su-25 you'd get from buying it individually and the Su-25 you'd get if you bought the FC3 bundle. Same with all the other aircraft in FC3.

The only thing I've seen that I "missed out on" with the FC3 bundle was the wallpapers. As far as I can tell, if you buy the module individually it would appear as its own icon on the main menu and you'd get a wallpaper for that specific aircraft. If you buy FC3 however, it's listed as a single module on the main menu, meaning you only get one wallpaper (it's an F-15C, btw). Obviously, since I bought FC3 as a bundle I can't be certain of what happens when you buy them individually, but that's what I understand. Pretty small drawback, but it's the only one I've seen so far.

Generally, if you're interested in more than two or three of the FC3 aircraft, it's probably worth it. If you only want one or two, it's probably not. :smilewink:

Foxx

Aircraft: F/A-18, FC3

Intel Core i7 9700k / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro / 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD / Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB / Oculus Rift-S

Infact, are there any differences in the FC models and the individual models?

None.

What are the differences in the model that comes with World2.5 and the Model for purchase?

Both are Russian mud movers. In addition to most of what Kitsuniro notes, the Su-25T (comes free with DCS World) is the heavier of the two, and has a "modern" HUD. The Su-25 has no HUD but, being the lighter of the two, is a bit easier to maneuver especially when carrying a full weapons load. I find both enjoyable, though to be honest, I gravitate more toward the -25T.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Also prefered the A because of the much better flight performance. Until i noticed the exterior model clipping into the cockpit. I cant stand it so I put it in my viritual grave yard. But to be fair the T has got a ghost light shining behind the ejection seat at night so that is also in my viritual grave yard.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

There is one difference with FC3vs stand alone. It is not permanent, but for now J-11A is part of FC3package, it probably won’t stay this way but has been that way for a year and a half until a stand alone J-11A comes out. Also a lot of mods require FC3 and won’t work even with all stand alone purchases.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

What are the differences in the model that comes with World2.5 and the Model for purchase?

I know that if you use the Steam version, when you try to buy the standalone model that is also in FC, there is a bold note to say that it is the exact same model, and that if you have FC that you do not need to buy the standalone.