indicators to other screen

How could I make my other screen show indicators all the time?

I have set RFCD on but screen is blank. How do I set indicators to it?

:helpsmilie:

Edited by Eburitus
details.

HEY! EVERYONE SCATTER! HES FLYING AGAIN!:pilotfly:

Note: I am obviously not an ED developer, so the following is just my mental model of how DCS works internally.

There are two different types of indicators in DCS.

The first type is computed as an image and then displayed on a flat surface somewhere in the cockpit (i.e. drawn to a texture). In the A-10C, examples include the MFCDs, the CMSP and RWR display, and the digital clock. Using the MonitorSetup.lua file, DCS: World can be instructed to display a copy of those indicators on an external monitor. The MFCDs are supported out of the box, to get other indicators working requires editing Lua files.

The second type of indicators are those that are actually part of the 3D cockpit. This applies to most aircraft instruments. DCS: World computes one or more numeric values ("cockpit arguments"), which are tied to parameters of the virtual cockpit's 3D model, such as the angle of rotation of a pointer in an analog gauge. Technically, I guess you could get DCS: World to display a copy on an external monitor through MonitorSetup.lua by defining separate camera and positioning it in front of that instrument, but that would be a pretty big performance hit.

Instead, we can take advantage of the fact that DCS: World allows us to access the cockpit arguments by writing an Export.lua file (for FC3 aircraft, only basic info like airspeed, heading and altitude is available), which can send these values to another piece of software (Helios, iControl DCS, ...) that uses the value to draw a 2D image of the gauge.

You should take a look at Helios. It has built-in support for the A-10C and Black Shark 2 modules. For some other aircraft modules, I have seen that people have posted modified Export.lua files that can make them work (P-51D, maybe others), but I have not taken a closer look at those.

Edited by [FSF]Ian

I wonder if it's possible to build a fully functional cockpit without using Helios at all...

So far we can export some "render to texture" displays to external monitors. ie: UHF repeater, MFDs, Clock, CMSP, etc and for panels we can use DCS Bios and Arduinos daisy chained through I2C or RS485 buses

BUT for some gauges Helios is very convenient and does a great job

In my case I'm using Helios, DCS BIOS and .LUA export at the same time and I'm having a big performance impact in my flights. Has anybody built his pit without relying in Helios at all?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR