Enjoying the MiG-15

javelina1

I've owned the MiG-15 module since the release. But to be honest, haven't flown her that much, up until the last couple of weeks. (Owning most all of the DCS modules, it's always a challenge on who/what to fly). :)

Just recently started to give her a lot of love. Ramp start and the some of my initial T/O and landings have gone very well. (Thanks Chuck for your guide, especially the ramp start).

During my flight tests, I find the biggest challenge is like what I had with the 109 and other modules, (after first flights). Getting accustomed to my Warthog joystick control deflections and the bird you're flying. I end up over controlling and the AoA stutters set in. Second, just need to keep this bad boy at above 300 km/h in flight maneuvers, to avoid the stalls or spins.

I'm getting better with taming my joystick "throws". Next, looking to perfect ACM with her. Would appreciate any help or insight for the MiG-15 ACM.

In short, glad I have the MiG-15. She's a hoot to fly.

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yeeah Mig-15 is great. I love Korean War servers, but Georgian Springs has more of an immersion factor. Sometimes its fun to roleplay Mig-17 against gar-8 armed Sabres.

I'll check it out, (Georgian Springs). See you in the Virtual Skies. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely adore the way she flies, especially in landing configuration. It will actually pitch UP into the stall! This, combined with the very slow engine response means you REALLY have to be on your toes during the appraoch.

Also, compared to the sabre the mig has:

1. Power

2. Power

3. Thrust

4. Climb rate

5. Power

6. Did I mention power?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

She's the marvel among all those fixed wing modules when it comes to pure joy of flying.

Sometimes, when I have the mood & foremost time I just fill it all up, ext tanks too, and go FLYING :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

Another Mig 15 pilot reporting. I liked the Mig since Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, where it was a formidable bomber destroyer, and it was a perfect choice for me in DCS to just fly and enjoy the game.

I just think they could have made some air to ground rocket, nothing fancy but I know they were used. But otherwise this plane looks, flies (and with the Klimov mod also sounds) perfect.