Su-27 instruments functions (?)

Bourrinopathe

0 - ФИКС - ПРОГР: 0 - FIX - PROGR. The Su-25T has an identical and functional switch. It controls whether the gun pods are aiming straight (0 position), at a fixed angle (FIX) or stabilized by the FCS (PROGR)

ГЛАВ ВКЛ: ГЛАВ is short for ГЛАВНЫЙ - main.ВКЛ is ВКЛЮЧЕННЫЙ - on. This is the master arm switch, if it's not turned on, no weapon will fire.

НОСКИ КРЫЛА: Slats, I believe. There's a gauge labeled retracted (top position) to extended (bottom position).

Thank you lmp. :)

I'd like to disturb you for further words. :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

7kzeRmz.jpg

Devrim, there's the control switch on the left console, if you're going to translate that part.

(it's normally locked/secured in the 'automatic' (ABT) position)

The ФЛАПЕР АВТ switch next to it is the flaperons 'automatic mode' switch.

ВЫПУЩЕНЫ: extended

УБРАНЫ: retracted

-------------

Did anyone already manage to identify all the lights from the warning lights panel (near the Beryotza)?

I only found:

• RADAR illumination (ИЗЛУЧ)
  • RADAR lock (ЗАХБАТ РЛС)
  • EOS (IRST) lock (ЗАХБАТ ОЛС)
  • canopy warning (ЗАПРИ ФОНАРЬ)
  • drogue chute (ЗАМОК ТП ОТКРЫТ)
  • level flight (ПРИВЕД К ГОРНИЗ)

Four lamps are missing in that list.

[EDIT]: the ЗАМЕР ДАЛЬН lamp should have something to do with some range measurement using the RADAR but I didn't manage to trigger it.

8eUNFo8.jpg

I checked the warning lights DDS texture but I couldn't translate everything.

Also, I couldn't trigger the missing warning/notification lights with the failures triggers from the mission editor.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks so much Bourrinopathe. :)

Sorry, i send again a protected PDF version.

Here is an unprotected version. Please replace the protected one.

LINK

Esac hi. I open this pdf with FoxitReader and can't see the content of balloons. What are they? Translations?

Thanks.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hi,

The balloons are simple translations and detailed annotations.

You may use Adobe Reader (free) to display them. I didn't try but I assume that should work.

---------

One tiny thing was bothering me:

Why is the unit on the tachometer written in english (RPM)? (instead of ОБ/МИН)

wbaGZG6.jpg

Is this some kind of international naming? Even in russian aviation?

(I don't think it's a translation oversight)

Edited by Bourrinopathe
Real Su-27 cockpit picture linked

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 3 weeks later...

Tiny update with a simple visual reference for the warning lights panel:

bZAKsbF.jpg

I would have preferred a more complete result but I'm stuck here for those lights. Three lights missing.

The ЗАМЕР ДАЛЬН seems to be signalling that the armament system (СУВ - Система Управления Вооружением) is providing a distance measurement using the OLS (IRST) (below 15 km) while the radar is still locked on the target.

A specific symbology should appear on the HUD.

As far as I know, it's not simulated in FC3 and you won't see that light ;)

No idea about the three orange lights. It may be related to some kind of interferences… or something very different :doh:

So, I assume: lights 2, 3, 4, and 8 are not visible in the sim.

(any details about 2, 3 and 4 are very welcome)

---------

Also:

W4jMhxI.png

УПРАВЛЯЙ ВРУЧНУЮ should appear when the aircraft looses the glide slope, disengages the САУ (autopilot) and returns to manual flight control.

I've not tested it but it's probably not simulated as it's a very specific function of the ILS landing interactions.

Those two lights are also part of the ILS/landing interactions:

69R1FaB.png

БЛИЖН ВКЛ related to the ILS signals reception / МАРКЕР related to the airbase radiobeacon reception (if I'm not mistaken).

Edited by Bourrinopathe
additional information

I decided those;

1 > "Canopy Open"

2 > "Mutual Defense" *

3 > "Reaction" *

4 > "Combat Engine Mode"

5 > I wrote "IR Cage Open" (but I see it's wrong!) :)

6 > "Radar Illumin"

7 > Same

8 > Same

9 > "IRST Lock"

10 > Same

УПРАВЛЯЙ ВРУЧНУЮ > Same ("Manual Control")

БЛИЖН ВКЛ > "Interior On" *

МАРКЕР > "Beacon"

* I know these are nonsense. I had to write something for the English mod. :D

Edited by Devrim

great translations.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Tiny update with a simple visual reference for the warning lights panel:

bZAKsbF.jpg

I would have preferred a more complete result but I'm stuck here for those lights. Three lights missing.

The ЗАМЕР ДАЛЬН seems to be signalling that the armament system (СУВ - Система Управления Вооружением) is providing a distance measurement using the OLS (IRST) (below 15 km) while the radar is still locked on the target.

A specific symbology should appear on the HUD.

As far as I know, it's not simulated in FC3 and you won't see that light ;)

No idea about the three orange lights. It may be related to some kind of interferences… or something very different :doh:

So, I assume: lights 2, 3, 4, and 8 are not visible in the sim.

(any details about 2, 3 and 4 are very welcome)

---------

Also:

W4jMhxI.png

УПРАВЛЯЙ ВРУЧНУЮ should appear when the aircraft looses the glide slope, disengages the САУ (autopilot) and returns to manual flight control.

I've not tested it but it's probably not simulated as it's a very specific function of the ILS landing interactions.

Those two lights are also part of the ILS/landing interactions:

69R1FaB.png

БЛИЖН ВКЛ related to the ILS signals reception / МАРКЕР related to the airbase radiobeacon reception (if I'm not mistaken).

1: Close the canopy

2: Mutual Defense

3: Interaction

4: If ДВ is engine, so "Special Engine mode"

5: Drogue chute lock is open

6: Maybe not really "emission"

7: Ok

8: Ok

9: Ok

10: Ok

Управляй вручную means "Manual control". You can see this if you have an autopilot failure.

БЛИЖН АВТ ДАЛЬН are marker labels, Inner, auto and outer.

Intel Core i5-2500K@4.7GHz | Noctua NH-D14 (NF-P12 + NF-P14) | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB |

MSI N580GTX Lightning Extreme Edition (3GB, 910MHz/1195MHz) | AOC e2236Swa | Win10 64bit | Old Good Saitek X52 Pro

Virtute Duce, Comite Fortuna!

:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:pilotfly:

Thanks!

Do you know what are 2, 3 and 4 for?

What system/warning/function?

E.g. 3 -> "interaction" -> what kind of interaction? Is 4 related to the engine mode selection (combat/training)?

Thanks!

Do you know what are 2, 3 and 4 for?

What system/warning/function?

E.g. 3 -> "interaction" -> what kind of interaction? Is 4 related to the engine mode selection (combat/training)?

I can ask to my teammate..

Interaction, I think, between pilots.. Will see :smilewink:

Intel Core i5-2500K@4.7GHz | Noctua NH-D14 (NF-P12 + NF-P14) | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB |

MSI N580GTX Lightning Extreme Edition (3GB, 910MHz/1195MHz) | AOC e2236Swa | Win10 64bit | Old Good Saitek X52 Pro

Virtute Duce, Comite Fortuna!

:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:pilotfly:

I´m not 100% sure but 3 INTERACTION function maybe is related with the Chapter 5.15 of the manual.

The fighters interconection using the K-DIAZ radio system, so this light could means that the Su-27 is linked with other/others using this link system.

The chapter uses the same word as the light in russian for the expresion "Interconected" but i preffer LINKED.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Related to the 4 light.

The AL-31F has a Special Regime "особый режим", where the thrust is raised to 12.800 Kg and an emergency mode to 13.300 Kg.

So maybe this OP light turns on when this Special Engine Regime is active.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I'm pretty sure I read that for other Russian aircraft (troll the MiG-21 thread ?) there was a 'reduced' mode where power output (& wear) was reduced below nameplate - & that's what was selected for normally operations, and that the 'normal' full rating mode was only selected during actual combat sorties ?

Cheers.

The Su-27 has this two engine mode. COMBAT-TRAINING and COMBAT mode.

The first mode ensures a long service life with less thrust.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently translating the whole spanish/russian manual into english using google translator. The english is pretty poor as you might know but it's good enough to understand everything. I'd like to translate it correctly but even so it's sooo much work :)

While overlooking my 'google translation work' i found a word which i can't translate:

СПП (obviously its a short form of sth.)

it must be sth. which can be shut down left and right.

in the manual you can find it at page 32

it's located on the left panel under the throttle where you can disengage the afterburner for emergencies or change the air intake (hold - auto - manual)

aand at the same panel: do the engine fire buttons control extinguisher or special modes like immediate engine shutdown etc?

(Current status: 80 of 280 pages 'translated')

Edited by Zabuza

BTW the УПРАВЛЯЙ ВРУЧНУЮ in the warning panel appears if the autopilot САУ is activated and then one uses the autopilot override key located at the stick which disconnects the САУ as long as the key is pressed. After releasing the key the САУ connects again and steers you through the air with your new position, УПРАВЛЯЙ ВРУЧНУЮ goes out then.

It also lights up if you're on the glideslope for an landing and for some reason the aircraft doesn't get the signal of the selected outer/inner radio beacons. Then the whole automatic navigation for landing turns off and the light lits.

W4jMhxI.png

Here's the override button (ГАШЕТКА САУ, which means 'САУ trigger'):

cayoverride.png

Edited by Zabuza

Thanks for the info Zab.

I´m not 100% sure but 3 INTERACTION function maybe is related with the Chapter 5.15 of the manual.

The fighters interconection using the K-DIAZ radio system, so this light could means that the Su-27 is linked with other/others using this link system.

The chapter uses the same word as the light in russian for the expresion "Interconected" but i preffer LINKED.

I think "взаимодействие" translated as "interaction" sounds a bit unnatural. "Mutual operation", "cooperation", "coordination" are better. "Mutual operation" is safer until precise meaning of light is known.

That light is yellow, and yellow means a warning for a pilot (i.e. he needs to do something). In contrast green lights work as indicators (i.e. something is in some normal state) and red ones signal an emergency.

Judging by label, there seems to be relation to datalink. However, Su27 not only has an intraflight datalink, but also an ability to receive interception-steering commands from GCI. This lamp can simply mean that there is a new received command, or something along these lines, but this is just a speculation.

Edited by ZaltysZ

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Interesting; I too translated "Mutual Op." at first, later changed to "Interaction".