Anybody able to do a light version of the F-18 dynamic over Caucasus (a version of the M-2000 light one), or can point me in the direction of changing the M2K one to make the F-18 the player aircraft?

I don't have that, but I do have a script that does the same thing (improves the FPS).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3525106&postcount=753

Also working on porting the M2K over Hormuz to the F/A-18C, for those interested in that.

I don't have that, but I do have a script that does the same thing (improves the FPS).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3525106&postcount=753

Also working on porting the M2K over Hormuz to the F/A-18C, for those interested in that.

You leg end! Thanks dude. Will run it tonight...

And I'd be WELL UP for the 18 or Hormuz!

Edited by sbmasonator
Because I'm stoopid

I am not 100% sure, but it seems that my wingman does not attack the mission ground target (such as the E3 in the first mission). He acknowledges the command but it seems it's not bombing it.

Also, I wanted to commend the cure you put in the briefings and settings, it makes a mission so much more interesting to fly than just having "fly to random target and boom it".

DCE Campaigns

Hey guys,

while flying the F18 over caucasus campaign I have noticed that the SEAD F18C usually does not do anything. They simply fly into the target area, circle and die either from the enemy SAM they were supposed to surpress or from enemy interceptors.

I dug a little further and did some tests. The typical F18C SEAD is equipped with AGM 45 Shrikes and is tasked with a "search and engage" task without further limitations. This seems confuse the AI so that they will not attack anything. I usually end up losing both SEAD planes without any chance to save them.

In order to do their task properly either the " search and engage" task has to be narrowed down a little (search for sam or the specific group) or you have to task them with an attack against the specific group directly (engage group "sam...", engage with "--ARM").

Another option is to let them start a SEAD task, but that can cause them to strike the wrong SAM if there are several of them in the area.

Another point I have figured out: The IP and therefore the start of their SEAD task (whichever way works) is currently configured to be at the SAM's maximum engagement range radius.

That can be quite late depending on the threat. Could the IP for sead planes rather be set atleast to the max tracking/detection range? The AI would have more time lining up their attack.

I would also prefer to change the standard AI F18C SEAD loadout to HARMs instead of shrikes, but this is my personal preference and I can adjust it in the respective files by myself I think. Do I have to restart the campaign if I change the standard loadouts?

Best regards and thanks alot to all who made a dynamic F18 campaign possible.

Edited by mcfleck

I downloaded hornet over the Gulf and I get a scripting error. I have tripled checked everything and the file path is corrected and soo is the scripted text doc mode via JGME application. The Mirage over the Gulf campaigne works perfectly.

I do not understand.

15395560502042315131.thumb.jpg.1d82405ad121bcfe271bca71edc5f0b3.jpg

My exact structure is "DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Missions/EN/Campaigns/Hornet over PG"

with 3 files in "DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Missions/EN/Campaigns/" :

Hornet over PG.cmp

Hornet over PG_first.miz

Hornet over PG_ongoing.miz

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Do you have exactly this modification in your "DCS World OpenBeta/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua" file :

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

-- sanitizeModule('os')

-- sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

???

Two new DCE campaigns with the Iranian Mig-29A Fulcrum or F-5E Tiger in the Persian Gulf. It will be a great challenge to win against F-15C, Mirage 2000C, F-16 and F/A-18C !

Fantastic, thank you!

I see that the mods folder included with the Mig-29 campaign overwrite some files installed with the Su-33 campaign, can I use both at the same time?

I tried the following.

1. Did run first mission with not fix

2. Made sure the scripts lau file is correct

3. My file path: eagle dynamics/dcs world OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Missions/EN/Campaigns

Like I said mirage works perfectly fine. Tried the F5 campaign the new one same error.

Fantastic, thank you!

I see that the mods folder included with the Mig-29 campaign overwrite some files installed with the Su-33 campaign, can I use both at the same time?

Mods folder can be used for all my PG campaigns (and even for my Caucasus ones) You only have to install it once. I put it in each campaign to be sure that everyone can have it :thumbup:

I tried the following.

1. Did run first mission with not fix

2. Made sure the scripts lau file is correct

3. My file path: eagle dynamics/dcs world OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Missions/EN/Campaigns

Like I said mirage works perfectly fine. Tried the F5 campaign the new one same error.

Can you show me this :

attachment.php?attachmentid=196065&stc=1&d=1539666272

DCE_Structure.png.4bb8ec071e89bd000b5f2f7ae4f5e54f.png

All seems good for me. I tryed to uninstall Tiger over PG and use the files I uploaded : I worked fine :doh:

I really don't know why Mirage over PG works and not the other ones for you :huh:

May be we should wait for someone else to install Hornet or Tiger over PG and see if it works ...

• 2 weeks later...