AGM-65 this month?

Silvern

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit confused how we're getting Mavs before GBUs (especially given one is a laser Mav) - you'dve thought it'd be easier to put GBUs on, especially if you've already sorted out a way to change the laser code.

Laser Mavs > GBUs anyway (easy mode fire and run with a JTAC), so I can forgive ED for this :lol:

It is unfortunate though that it will limit the amount you can carry for the time being (I believe the Hornet can carry more GBUs than AGMs?)

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Laser Mavs > GBUs anyway (easy mode fire and run with a JTAC), so I can forgive ED for this :lol:

It is unfortunate though that it will limit the amount you can carry for the time being (I believe the Hornet can carry more GBUs than AGMs?)

Yep should be able to carry as many GBUs as the dumb bombs (so 5 big ones or 10 medium ones) but only four Mavericks. There was a bit of back and forth in an old armament thread over whether the GBUs (laser versions) could be double racked and they seem to have settled on yes - but JDAMs will definitely only be single racked (so five total assuming the centre station can be used).

LOL... "might be coming out this month"

2 weeks, everything happens in 2 weeks... or 2 weeks from that...

The wording in the newsletter is a bit different and - unless unforeseen things come in its way which always can happen - it gives me sufficient confidence that we indeed are going to get the mentioned items by the end of this month.

I recognize everybody has different priorities and opinions on what is most desired but I am very happy that we ground pounders will get a first guided weapon (even with a bit of a standoff capability)! (add HARMs,GBUs, ATFLIR and A/G radar and I‘d consider it feature complete... for me at least) ;)

Your excitement is understood. I agree and am super stoked about getting some guided weapons on the f-18. It's going to happen, and it's going to be awesome!!! When? I don't know, and neither do they. I'm a bit tired of being disappointed by patch after patch after patch.

I am a bit confused how we're getting Mavs before GBUs (especially given one is a laser Mav) - you'dve thought it'd be easier to put GBUs on, especially if you've already sorted out a way to change the laser code.

My guess is:

- The Mavs can use the same kind of MFD display that we get in the A10A when using 65Ds.

- The GBUs will need the dedicated targetting pod, which they've said isn't available yet

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

My guess is:

- The Mavs can use the same kind of MFD display that we get in the A10A when using 65Ds.

- The GBUs will need the dedicated targetting pod, which they've said isn't available yet

GBUs don't need a dedicated TGP - you can drop them from the Mirage or F-5 for example and neither of those have one. It just uses a buddy lase. You don't even need a LST - just aim at the coordinates and drop and the bomb tracks the laser.

GBUs don't need a dedicated TGP - you can drop them from the Mirage or F-5 for example and neither of those have one. It just uses a buddy lase. You don't even need a LST - just aim at the coordinates and drop and the bomb tracks the laser.

But you do need to be able to program them in the stores pages, which requires some additional coding work on the part of ED.

Your excitement is understood. I agree and am super stoked about getting some guided weapons on the f-18. It's going to happen, and it's going to be awesome!!! When? I don't know, and neither do they. I'm a bit tired of being disappointed by patch after patch after patch.

When have they missed on anything that been specifically quoted as being delivered by X date with the Hornet? By my count, they've delivered on most of it not all of the things they've specifically called out with a specific timing.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

When have they missed on anything that been specifically quoted as being delivered by X date with the Hornet? By my count, they've delivered on most of it not all of the things they've specifically called out with a specific timing.

What have they delivered, in terms of actual combat functionality? It's been 4.5 months since EA release... and you may be happy with the progress, but I'm not.... but, hey, at least the drag on the training pod was fixed last patch.

Or just dont buy EA modules? Thats the short answer, And clearly states so on the ED store page?

LOL. You missed the point entirely, but I get that it's an EA and development takes time. I'm also allowed to feel disappointed in the rate of their development.

Maybe you have no real experience with EA but this is a modern fighter with complex weapon systems and developing this stuff takes time, years to say it clearly. The other way would be not to have a flying plane with at least "dumb" munitions at all and wait another year. Maybe a solution for you, but not for me. Since I'm going straight for my 40th birthday I prefer learning step by step instead of a 700 pages manual hammer like the A-10C when I was younger :smilewink:

Edit: If I remember correctly, Heatblur took 4 years to get their F-14 from an idea to Early Access...

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: If I remember correctly, Heatblur took 4 years to get their F-14 from an idea to Early Access...

Hornet been in development for 5 years acording to wags

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

But you do need to be able to program them in the stores pages, which requires some additional coding work on the part of ED.

Yep but for the Mavs you need at least two whole new DDI screens (one for the laser seeker, one for the IR seeker) - and you still need a way to change the laser code like you would on GBUs. Obviously I've got no idea on exactly what's involved but just seems like Mavs would be a much more complex job and we've had GBUs mentioned as on the way for 3 months or so now. Just a bit puzzling.

Maybe they can borrow Heratblurs Pod LOL

Heratblur are legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

this is interesting . we have never seen agm 65's on mini update thread or video demonstration on youtube. although this, we are going to get mavericks within 2 weeks

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yep but for the Mavs you need at least two whole new DDI screens (one for the laser seeker, one for the IR seeker) - and you still need a way to change the laser code like you would on GBUs. Obviously I've got no idea on exactly what's involved but just seems like Mavs would be a much more complex job and we've had GBUs mentioned as on the way for 3 months or so now. Just a bit puzzling.

It's really not puzzeling at all, if you check out the voting thread which weapons people want, ATFLIR/HARM both have 400+ votes while GBU's have 115-ish votes. It's not a matter of 'this requires very little effort so they should add it first' because a project of this size has about a billion of 'little things they could add first'.

It's about prioritising and they've actually made the effort of asking the community, this is the result.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

this is interesting . we have never seen agm 65's on mini update thread or video demonstration on youtube. although this, we are going to get mavericks within 2 weeks

Maybe if we're nice, Mr.Wags will post a mini-update this weekend, showing off the Mavericks and JHMCS? :music_whistling:

maybe he realizes his time is better spend code/fixing bugs than making a video (which takes time most professional YTers will tell you)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.