59th Ravens HARRIER EVENT ( The Jack Jackson Exercise)

=DECOY=

I've not been able to figure out hit counts for guns on the F5. Also, no tracers - what ammo is being used? AP? I'm trying to figure out if I'm even hitting the target. Are hits just scored as binary hit or no hit? Or does distance to center matter?

Hi, the target is in the center of the circle, only hits on that target count. not on the circle itself

The F5 is using AP rounds and the scoring for the gun round is being scored using Tacview due to issues mentioned in previous posts :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please can I ask you to turn up 30mins prior to your start time guys and to make sure you have the 476th range pack installed.

Remember we will be streaming this event LIVE on our YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbGPHziJCC_PYI1TBAMpbNg

So to recap the prize pool is:

1st prize = 1x Harrier provided by Razbam plus aTacview Advanced licence provided by tacview

2nd prize = 1x NTTR map provided by Eagle Dynamics plus either a standard licence, or a upgrade to advanced. Provided by tacview

The interview with Razbam is 2pm GMT

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by =DECOY=

• ED Translators
Please can I ask you to turn up 30mins prior to your start time guys and to make sure you have the 476th range pack installed.

Remember we will be streaming this event LIVE on our YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbGPHziJCC_PYI1TBAMpbNg

So to recap the prize pool is:

1st prize = 1x Harrier provided by Razbam plus aTacview Advanced licence provided by tacview

2nd prize = 1x NTTR map provided by Eagle Dynamics plus either a standard licence, or a upgrade to advanced. Provided by tacview

The interview with Razbam is 2pm GMT

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I don't see, turn up where? I didn't see anything about that on first page in rules. Neither the server or TS address. Or I missed something?

I see only info about stream and interview.

AKA LazzySeal

Sorry, but I don't see, turn up where? I didn't see anything about that on first page in rules. Neither the server or TS address. Or I missed something?

I see only info about stream and interview.

Here you go, its in post 2 :)

Please be on our Teamspeak 30 mins prior to your slot time. The address is 85.236.100.125:11517 (server details to follow)

The server address is : 87.81.173.246:10308

59th vfs Ravens Public Server

• ED Translators
In the schedule it says the interview is 4 PM GMT ?

The event its self starts at 2PM, right ?

As I understood yes. So if your go time is 2 PM you come 1:30 PM to check with server that you can connect I presume.

AKA LazzySeal

I'm witnessing some extremely peculiar behavior with this latest version.

A spread out gun burst on the "conventional circle" target is registered as hits on the "strafe target". This happens even when I manually separated the strafe target from the conventional circle :D :D (edit: ok this didn't happen i misread the messages)

This pairs with another odd behavior: strafing runs from the west seem to register constantly as hits on the "conventional circle", even if it looks like i hit the Hummer really well. But an attack run from the East has much better success. A good result can be achieved by just spraying on the circle away from the strafe target. Don't believe me? Try it! I can send screenshots too.

I think it may be wise to revert to the original mission actually, that had a reliable hitbox that registered properly.

Edited by Stuge

Screenshot. The gun burst is WAY off target (clean misses) but Tacview still believes the Strafe Target was hit by every bullet!!! Found out the reason: splash damage. I conclusion I believe the script is the most reliable way to count hits. Tacview is unreliable for this purpose after all.

1506747096_WeirdGunHitCount.thumb.png.9f0331a47b7ae3fcdefebf90edeb53e0.png

Edited by Stuge

During our Practice session Last night with 11 pilots from various groups, using the version of the map and tacview on our server worked perfectly fine.

I have also tested this morning with no issues.

Capture.thumb.PNG.0e69b07a703089c2d35c7451d7d97aa2.PNG

as seen here on the tacview:

I fired 34 rounds

28 hit the circle (these dont count)

5 hit the target (these are the ones that count)

1 missed, looks like it bounced off a bullet during flight and missed the target completely

The Hits recorded by the server / server tacview are the ones we are going to use as these will provide universal scoring for all pilots, and its going to be the most accurate

EDIT* as a note this tacview is the servers one, i was connected as a client via my pc.

Edited by =DECOY=

Agreed. Not only flanker scores tho, L-39 too and I guess many others.

During practice yesterday your scores were by far the best, but i guess thats due to the fact your firing your rounds from 20 feet :megalol:

Here are some from last night

Capture1.PNG.5f63125b6382e7d14725eb2080120594.PNG

Capture2.PNG.e58e3478a6f018f5f7eaab4dea73b94a.PNG

Capture3.PNG.72978f18205ea100541b034dd6e50b56.PNG

It's kinda weird, Tacview counts too much hits, while ingame counter counts too few. Sometimes you can see bullets fly "through" the target, yet you get nothing on the ingame counter.

as previously mentioned the ingame counter has been disabled for the Gun Run, we are using the servers tacview for the scores.

Check out the post above

During practice yesterday your scores were by far the best, but i guess thats due to the fact your firing your rounds from 20 feet :megalol:

Here are some from last night

[ATTACH]172049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]172051[/ATTACH]

Those score looked weird, it seemed to me that i saw plenty of bullets miss. Stuges post seems to describe an issue.

+ look, there is inaccuracy in your tacview, i don't have 38 bullets, i only have 36. Tacview is not accurate.

Edited by DackSter94

LOOK MA, NO HOOK

Those score looked weird, it seemed to me that i saw plenty of bullets miss. Stuges post seems to describe an issue.

+ look, there is inaccuracy in your tacview, i don't have 38 bullets, i only have 36. Tacview is not accurate.

my Bad, the L39 does have 38 rounds not 36, i just checked with 10 test fires in dcs and tacview, and it has 38. guess we didnt account for the 2 in the chamber.

Guys we are trying to be as open as possible with the scoring and have created a scoring system which is as accurate as can be.

Bare in mind every pilot is shooting at the same target and the scoring via the server will be the same for every pilot.

If anyone is not happy with this and wants to drop out thats fine. just let me know

my Bad, the L39 does have 38 rounds not 36, i just checked with 10 test fires in dcs and tacview, and it has 38. guess we didnt account for the 2 in the chamber.

Well in your other attachment i somehow have 39. In my tacview i always have 36.

It's definitely not your fault, it's just retarded game. I think thise event will be more luck based then skill based.

LOOK MA, NO HOOK