59th Ravens HARRIER EVENT ( The Jack Jackson Exercise)

=DECOY=

I'm just going to practice diving in and firing off everything from about 10' AGL so the F-5 has a chance of hitting somewhere in the circle. Then, with judicious stick and parachute usage, I might be able to pull out of it by about 2' AGL. The key is to black out after reaching positive pitch angle. After regaining consciousness, I'll set up for another pass using the rockets, but I'll have to give myself an extra 5' or so clearance for not having the parachute and trying to miss my own frag pattern. It's a foolproof plan...

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you add me to reserves?

- Turbo

- GMT+2

- A-10C

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

EDIT: nevermind, realized now the script only partially works without re-selecting slot :)

no worries, also it will record 45 hits per pilot, but only show the top ten. and count the absolute top hit for your score as seen here :

Screen_171108_132618.thumb.jpg.27cb6716b423a3d74ffbc1e7be99dd31.jpg

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Guys in relation to the Gun target, the hits on the circle do not count, its the hits on the vehicle in the center that counts

Screen_171108_133318.thumb.jpg.6c42534fda67fa197358c08ffc4f1f56.jpg

A few have asked about the rounds on the A10 being changed.

I promise i will have a look at this today and see if the CM / TP rounds make any difference in game.

If the spread on an A10 is larger than most of the other planes i will change it .

May be stupid question, but: Are we allowed to jettison rocket pods once we are done with rocket run?

Of course, not a problem. Just dont do what i did and jettison the bombs as well hahahaha

Few more questions:

- Will the gun camera be dismounted in l-39 cockpit? It's done in special aircraft options menu, and, I think, server setting overrides whatever client has. Gun camera is annoying and obstructs view :).

- So, from timetable posted, I see that each pilot has 5 mins. Is that for all 3 runs + landing? Or just for runs? In any case, what if it takes a bit longer then 5? Any penalties?

LOOK MA, NO HOOK

Few more questions:

- Will the gun camera be dismounted in l-39 cockpit? It's done in special aircraft options menu, and, I think, server setting overrides whatever client has. Gun camera is annoying and obstructs view :).

- So, from timetable posted, I see that each pilot has 5 mins. Is that for all 3 runs + landing? Or just for runs? In any case, what if it takes a bit longer then 5? Any penalties?

I would see this so that starting times are 5 min apart but there is no real time limit otherwise, you can set up your attack runs properly and multiple aircraft will be in the air at any given time..

Few more questions:

No penalties for this

And due to airstart, and position the runs are basically all ready set up for you.

Prior to hitting each waypoint , you have time to climb if desired.

If for any reason we fall behind , it won't matter as we have two servers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There's something funky about the cannon hit counter: at least for Su-33 it seems to register DOUBLE the hit count for points - for example if all 36 rounds hit it gives 72 points. And when I managed a perfect pass with A-10C it somehow gave 38 points. In both cases Tacview confirmed 36 hits on the target.

I guess this is no biggie as it can be confirmed in Tacview but still.

There's something funky about the cannon hit counter: at least for Su-33 it seems to register DOUBLE the hit count for points - for example if all 36 rounds hit it gives 72 points. And when I managed a perfect pass with A-10C it somehow gave 38 points. In both cases Tacview confirmed 36 hits on the target.

I guess this is no biggie as it can be confirmed in Tacview but still.

Hi Stuge Thanks for pointing this out,

We did noticed this yesterday on our practice. The cause was the 'soft' target on the gun run. (damage model issue) We believe its a rickashay effect on the soft target, hence the double score

we have changed this to the Hard target and tested for 4 hours solid and now its working correctly. :thumbup:

I will be updating the Mission shortly

Guys after testing and checking the scores/map, We are going to use Tacview for the Gun Run scoring.

We will be providing ALL the Tacviews after the event to ensure transparency, This way the scores for the gun hits are 100% accurate.

The Rocket and Bomb Targets are working 100%, its simply the gun target that is having this issue.

is there a hard deck and ceiling for the event?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Guys after testing and checking the scores/map, We are going to use Tacview for the Gun Run scoring.

We will be providing ALL the Tacviews after the event to ensure transparency, This way the scores for the gun hits are 100% accurate.

The Rocket and Bomb Targets are working 100%, its simply the gun target that is having this issue.

I hope there is not significant de-sync between client and server bullets as there is in air to air. Only client tacview tells the "absolute" truth but perhaps this is not a problem in case of a2g.

I hope there is not significant de-sync between client and server bullets as there is in air to air. Only client tacview tells the "absolute" truth but perhaps this is not a problem in case of a2g.
It's the same as a2a. Its no different and accurate, were going to use a grounded Mi8 for the target, that way the hit box is more accurate than the tank.

Plus the tacview results will be more accurate aswell.

Edited by =DECOY=

Server tacview can be very inaccurate. I guess you could publish each tacview, and then player would compare to own tacview just to make sure.
Yep we're going to post each pilots tacview aswell during each break.

The gun script works on all planes except the su27/33 where it will record the amount twice, (so let's say it hits the target 26 times, in game it will state 53 hits but tacview it will state 26

The use of tacview is simply to ensure it's correct.

We have had a few occasions where a requeshey hit with the a10 has been added, rarely And normally only 1 additional bullet.

We have also changed the target to a grounded Mi8. The hit box for this unit is much more accurate than the tank we used.

Being a a2a hit box, tacview will be spot on with the results

As a note the tacview files will be reviewed as follows.

We will use the server and the two ref tacview files

This will eliminate any potential bugs on the server tacview aswell.