MIRAGE 2000-5 Up-Grade

slowfinger23

Cheers.

My request is difficult for advance, but, we need it badly to counteract American AIM 120 Amraams FOX3 missiles with Mica Up-Grades used in the -5 improved model.

We need to upgrade our beauty with more sophisticated medium range fire and forget missiles.

Please, try to see if this request is possible in the near future.

Thanks RASBAM for all your effort.

Queridos diseñadores, les ruego vean la posibilidad preliminar de analizar vuestras capacidades de hacer el up-grade -5 ( Greek model version ) a nuestros Mirage o simplemente el F-18 no tendrá oponente alguno.

Solo debido a la agilidad del M2C es que por ahora es el único que le ofrece peligro al F-18 ( guns-guns ), pero en BVR la desventaja es total debido a la cantidad de misiles que puede portar y la capacidad de fox3 a mayor distancia. El misil Mica es la solución con un mejor sistema de SA y RDR mas avanzado, osea, el M2000-5.

Muchas gracias por vuestra paciencia.

Edited by slowfinger23

Assuming against good pilot in MP, notching is not enough. You need wingmans and good coordination. Whatever tactics you might employ against AIM-120 launcher platform the M2K still in huge disadvantage. But thats another topic.

Now back to OP wish, iirc thats not gonna happens. Probably not in 25 years lol. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Probably the 25th time somebody asked for this. It is not going to happen. Period.

Has Razbam announced that they will never do a 2000-5 ? If someone asked about à -9 I would agree that the AdA would prevent it to be done, but a -5, I'm not so sure.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Has Razbam announced that they will never do a 2000-5 ? If someone asked about à -9 I would agree that the AdA would prevent it to be done, but a -5, I'm not so sure.

There are no indications that the situation described here has changed during the past three years:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2953369&postcount=3968

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2615877&postcount=4

So to put it simple, forget the 2000-5. It won't happen anytime soon.

Probably the 25th time somebody asked for this. It is not going to happen. Period.

MrDieing.

First of all my request is for RASBAN, so your answered is for you, or you belong to RASBAM Team??. If you are, let me tell you that your aren't helping your team business , pretty bad policy. If you don't, well, let me ask what ever I want, specially this plausible request to this great Team.

Edited by slowfinger23

We often see people requesting X or Y fighter.

I would like a Mirage 2000-5 or even better, a Rafale

The problem is what amount of data the team can collect to simulate these planes to level requires by DCS.

You can try to look by yourself, and you will see it's complicated to find enough data about Mirage 2000-5 weapon system. And believe me, I tried hard.

We can't really say "it will never happen".

But Razbam didn't announced any Mirage 2000 family expansion.

Mirage 2000C is fine in Cold War/ Desert Storm scenario when everyone had Fox 1.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

To be honest, even if it was possible to obtain all the necessary data, I think after a quick look around here that Razbam has so many DCS projects in the pipeline right now, it might just be enough for the moment.

You do not need bigger boom sticks to counter the aim120c. Learn how to employ notching and you will be fine, reducing the advantage of the 120c to a minimum ;)

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

Kreisch,

I understand your point but I reject that possibility if your fighting not an IA.

If you watch my post carefully , is all about to counteract the "8" AIM 120 that the F-18 can carry. You may defeat 2 or 3 of them not all 8's, so, you will need more than 2 M2Kc to have a real PK.

More over, in my youth i flew 5 years the F-5E Part III in air combat, so i know very well tactics BFM, TAC'S etc. Yes, is an old platform but fitted with good AIM 9's and Derby BVR missile, tactics change a lot. If I were flying an F-18 against 2 M2Kc's , i will try first to put de enemies in my envelope, ground, sea, etc, ( i'll choose my AO ) Second, i'll tray to put in defensive stage both M2 by launching 2 , 3 or 4 Amraams first, maintaining my energy and preventing the energy gain of my opponents, but if i loose the advantage i'll disengage to over a 30 or more nm. and then start all again if i'm not in Bingo parameters. I will still have the advantage to choose to engage or not, and all of that bcse, my more advance AA systems.

Cheers.

Edited by slowfinger23

In the first place: why do you want to take Mirage 2000 to fight NATO Fox shooters ?

You have MiG-29S and J-11A with R-77.

jojo,

Because is good challenge to go. Anyways i'll choose F-18's instead 29's, but is not the point

Known the capabilities of the -5, is because my request.

I love Mirage aerodynamics and performances. If i could, i will like to fly Rafale,

but is too much, don't you think.

More on, French Aero Industrie is well known to be on top of the line, Military and Civil.

I want my Mirage Up-Grade, that's it, so, decision is to be made by RASBAN, not

too difficult to understand.

Cheers.

Edited by slowfinger23

jojo,

Because is good challenge to go. Anyways i'll choose F-18's instead 29's, but is not the point

Known the capabilities of the -5, is because my request.

I love Mirage aerodynamics and performances. If i could, i will like to fly Rafale,

but is too much, don't you think.

More on, French Aero Industrie is well known to be on top of the line, Military and Civil.

I want my Mirage Up-Grade, that's it, so, decision is to be made by RASBAN, not

too difficult to understand.

Cheers.

Like I said, the problem isn’t to want or not. The problem is to to get the necessary data.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

There are no indications that the situation described here has changed during the past three years:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2953369&postcount=3968

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2615877&postcount=4

So to put it simple, forget the 2000-5. It won't happen anytime soon.

Thank you for the links. I'll keep the last one :

The main problem with the M-2000-5 is this:

It is too current and there is almost no information for it, except for some cockpit photos. Most of the systems would be WAGUESS (wild ass guess), so I'd rather pass for the time being on this aircraft until we can get more info on it.

(the emphasis is mine)

I'm not asking for a -5 tomorrow, even for short term. I'm already training to master the M-2000C, I have at least 3 to 5 years of fun ahead before thinking about an airplane switch. I can wait.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Thank you for the links. I'll keep the last one :

(the emphasis is mine)

I'm not asking for a -5 tomorrow, even for short term. I'm already training to master the M-2000C, I have at least 3 to 5 years of fun ahead before thinking about an airplane switch. I can wait.

Congrats for your thinking, i'm mastering my Mirage2c also, but my request differs a lot of your personal flavors. I'm requesting a " FUTURE UP-GRADE " if possible, to something around -5, no more no less and is intended to be read by RASBAM. It's a dream, more or less, please, let me dream thxs.

Cheers...

As long as its a dream its fine. But you seem to be ignoring the posts and proof that say that it is going to stay a dream. We get that you are 'requesting' it, but guess what, this is not an a-la-carte restaurant.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

As long as its a dream its fine. But you seem to be ignoring the posts and proof that say that it is going to stay a dream. We get that you are 'requesting' it, but guess what, this is not an a-la-carte restaurant.

Thanks for your guess, going to Loetje restaurant any later, let say in 5 more days when i'll fly to AMS. very nice a la carte Restaurant, love it, but because future is incertain, i can request any

thing. Peoples, companys, anything changes in the future, that's why is not that i'm ignoring any thing. i have freedom to think or choose what ever i want sir. Thxs for your advice.

Cheers.

Kreisch,

I understand your point but I reject that possibility if your fighting not an IA.

If you watch my post carefully , is all about to counteract the "8" AIM 120 that the F-18 can carry. You may defeat 2 or 3 of them not all 8's, so, you will need more than 2 M2Kc to have a real PK.

More over, in my youth i flew 5 years the F-5E Part III in air combat, so i know very well tactics BFM, TAC'S etc. Yes, is an old platform but fitted with good AIM 9's and Derby BVR missile, tactics change a lot. If I were flying an F-18 against 2 M2Kc's , i will try first to put de enemies in my envelope, ground, sea, etc, ( i'll choose my AO ) Second, i'll tray to put in defensive stage both M2 by launching 2 , 3 or 4 Amraams first, maintaining my energy and preventing the energy gain of my opponents, but if i loose the advantage i'll disengage to over a 30 or more nm. and then start all again if i'm not in Bingo parameters. I will still have the advantage to choose to engage or not, and all of that bcse, my more advance AA systems.

Cheers.

4 simultaneous amraams on two targets won't help you.

Mirage can also disengage at will, even more so than a 4 to 8 missile carrying F-18C :).

Sure in a symmetric fight you have an advantage but I don't think it's so big that you will always loose the fight.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

4 simultaneous amraams on two targets won't help you.

Mirage can also disengage at will, even more so than a 4 to 8 missile carrying F-18C :).

Sure in a symmetric fight you have an advantage but I don't think it's so big that you will always loose the fight.

Hello Helljumper,

I'm not saying that you will always win; By the way is not a symmetric fight, is an Asymmetric one, F18's advance armaments . As always, it will depends on your strategy and how it goes in the AO. This is not real thing, but is a fantastic SIMULATION with an excellent approach to the real scenario. What i don't like and is not real is how DCS simulates long distance incoming aircraft. That tinny pixel without volumen. In real fur-ball is unlikely loosing (going no-joy) if both guys stays in combat, even if you have to unload to gain energy, you will never loose him, not for a moment. Real airplanes are big enough for a good tally.

Cheers.

Yep, nice dream. I’m dreaming with you :thumbup:

But that’s all we can do...

558.jpg

yes jo jo'

Thanks for the pic. I can tell you that I flew the real M2K-5 SIM, because my country was interested to buy this beauty, but they choose another beauty, the F-16 Block 50.

Anyways, now we are talking. Extreme agility plus 4 Gen. SA and Armament.

What i'm requesting is Mica EM/ER can be up-grade or not to our M2KC, no more no less.

Cheers and thxs again for this beautiful picture.

The picture is Greek Mirage 2000-5MK2.

Where are you from ? With the F-5E and Derby missiles I thought of Brazil, but they didn’t bought F-16...

No, the Mirage 2000C RDI has never been upgraded to use Mica missiles. Some French Mirage 2000C were upgraded to Mirage 2000-5F. Compared to export Mirage 2000-5 they keep Serval RWR and Sabre jammer, and I think it’s still Ulysse 52 INS system, but with embedded GPS.

Anyway the PCN is still close to the original, not like the new one on this picture.

Mirage fanatic !

The picture is Greek Mirage 2000-5MK2.

Where are you from ? With the F-5E and Derby missiles I thought of Brazil, but they didn’t bought F-16...

No, the Mirage 2000C RDI has never been upgraded to use Mica missiles. Some French Mirage 2000C were upgraded to Mirage 2000-5F. Compared to export Mirage 2000-5 they keep Serval RWR and Sabre jammer, and I think it’s still Ulysse 52 INS system, but with embedded GPS.

Anyway the PCN is still close to the original, not like the new one on this picture.

I'm from Chile way south, with 62 years old, B777 200 LR IP.

Cheers.

Edited by slowfinger23