BS1+BS2 Upgrade serial numbers - where to find new serial number?

MadMonty

Hey folks,

BIGNEWY has been so kind and posted a very interesting thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206574

I followed the link and received a single serial number from two serial numbers for BS1 and BS2.

So far so good. If I now go to my profile on the DCS page, the new serial number is nowhere displayed. Thank God I copied it before, but it would be good if the new serial number can be found in the profile just like all other serial numbers.

Cheers,

MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

• ED Team

Hi Madmonty

I will enquire about where the new serial is located after conversion.

If I find out I will post here and update the sticky

edit:

for now make sure you make a note, I have added this advice also to the stickys

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just an update on this

it should be on your account, and you will also receive an email

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi BIGNEWY,

thanks for your update.

I have received an email, however, the new serial number is still not available in my profil (neither within the details of BS1 nor of BS2). Also there is no new purchase listed.

I would appreciate it, if I could find the serial within my profile, since I am managing all of my serial numbers via my profile.

Many thanks in advance!

MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

• ED Team

Hi MadMonty

Make sure you are logged in and check this out

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_black_shark_2/

Hi BIGNEWY,

there we go! That´s not where I would have looked for the serial number, but at least it is saved somewhere in the DCS cosmos...

THANK YOU for your kind assistance!

Best,

MadMonty

• 3 weeks later...

Hey BIGNEWY,

starting DCS, I am now always asked for the new serial for BS2 and I have to "bind" the new key. Even if I have bound the new key, I am always being asked again when starting DCS. If I do not bind the key every time and cancel the process, BS2 is not available within the game.

I am still running 2.5.0 and have not changed to 2.5.1, since I have read about the FLIR-problems in A10C. So I don´t know if that problem has been resolved in 2.5.1.

I just wanted to let you know in case the problem isn't known yet.

Cheers,

MadMonty

• ED Team

Hi MadMonty

In the module manager make sure you only have BS2 and not the upgrade version.

if you still have problems contact support, they will be able to check the account for you.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

If you have just updated from your old BS1+BS2 upgrade version try deleting the ka50 within the module manager and re-download the module again. It fixed it for me in the first place when i upgraded my serialnumber.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much BIGNEWY and ED! I was really hoping this might happen someday so I can finally put that disk away and not worry about loosing it.

And thanks to erniedaoage, deleting the module and reinstalling it did the trick!

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the old thread but just wanted to check.

Been away from DCS since I bought the original Black Shark.

Just pre-ordered the F14 and have installed the latest DCS. Am I able to upgrade my Black Shark and use in the latest DCS or is this path no longer available?

Many thanks.

You can still use the BS Upgrade. (install BS1 first, then install BS2 upgrade).

Since about a year there is a new method, you can get a full BS2 version by changing your BS1 & BS2 upgrade key for a full BS2 key. Have a look in your profile.

Am I able to upgrade my Black Shark and use in the latest DCS or is this path no longer available?

The 'Black Shark 1' ---> 'Black Shark 2 upgrade' path is no longer available for sale, Black Shark 1 owners need to buy 'Black Shark 2', in order to fly the Ka-50 in DCS.

If you already own the 'Black Shark 2 upgrade', you can exchange the "BS2 upgrade key" for a full "BS2" key.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206574

You can check your serial numbers by logging into your DCS Store Account and looking at the order details or at 'All active licences'

If you own BS1 via Steam, it doesn't have a key, so AFAIK you'll need to send support a screenshot to show it's in your Steam library.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks.

I've downloaded a Black Shark upgrade that was in my downloads, which needed DCS World 1.2 to install into as opposed to the standalone original. Didn't buy that though, was just there in the product downloads so not sure that's the same thing.

Will see how it goes and whether it gives me a licence key.