Bug in a mission from campaign G.O.W.

toutenglisse

There is a big bug (in my experience) in the mission title "ATO C.P3.4" from Campaign "Georgian Oil War". I've flown 36 missions in it but I don't know if it's the actual mission 37.

Bug : each time I try this mission (tried 5-6 times) I take off and some 100's meters from airbase the game freezes.

No crash log but the DCS.txt file in "Logs" folder Always end with : "WARNING DXGUI: Invalid blur type!".

This is with 100% stock openbeta uptodate - cleanup and repairs done + fxo metashadders2 deleted (and in VR if any relevance).

It's the only time I've experienced this issue and it's constant in this mission.

DCS.txt file zipped and attached.

There is a big bug (in my experience) in the mission title "ATO C.P3.4" from Campaign "Georgian Oil War". I've flown 36 missions in it but I don't know if it's the actual mission 37.

Bug : each time I try this mission (tried 5-6 times) I take off and some 100's meters from airbase the game freezes.

Currently repairing and refreshing the whole Ka-50 GOW campaign, so I will keep a look out for that issue and if I can reproduce look at getting it fixed.

Big issue with all those missions are that a great deal of the FARPS are corrupt with out names and radio frequencies, so the game will not render them, this will create problems and most likely crashes.

Attached is a rough draft (not fully completed but with all FARPS fixed) of a corrected version of that mission, try flying it as a single mission and see if you get the same issue.

Regards, Ian.

ATO-C-P3.4.miz

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

No worries, geesh those nvidia drivers are causing some big head aches lately, me included, I am too scared to update them any more as they completely trash my window install.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

MadDod-IC your version of ATO C.P3.4 seems fully updated. No more hidden units in the woods or tanks on top of buildings.

Now it's ok to do 100% on mission results.

Thanks.

Nice work on that mission, excellent score.

Here is a early access christmas present of all of the "Ka-50 GOW campaign" missions, I have just finishing up moving the last of the ground units for all of the missions, there will be future tweaks as there is a lot more to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxv3l8h7rrnd0w4/DCSW%20-%20KA-50%20Campaign%20-%20Georgian%20Oil%20War%20%28Patch%20to%20Game%29%20%28v2.5x%29.zip?dl=0

So to you and indeed every one have a merry christmas and stay safe.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Finished moving gound units out of trees for all missions

DCS Tech Support.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MadDog,

Will other KA-50 campaigns like Deployment be updated too?

Thanks!

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hi MadDog,

Will other KA-50 campaigns like Deployment be updated too?

Thanks!

Eventually, but no time frame estimated (Passed corrections require at least a month of solid 8 hour days to correct and test), as I know they require extensive corrections, only good news is I have already fixed them once for v1.2 and V1.5, so most work would be just getting units out of trees and adding ED language translations.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.