Grass airport frequencies

I want to make a mission for the A-10C on the Crimea. I set two grassy Airport Kerch and Oktjabarskoe. I can't seem to set the frequency for them. They can be set only callsigns.

When I enter frequency, after checking this field is blank.

Is there some kind of further adjustments?

Grass_Freq.thumb.jpg.7ae8d48f65fa9d1b9b5cca1357882206.jpg

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I think probably just not fully implemented yet. Do they actually do anything useful in-game?

The changelogs don't mention anything about it so they might not have even been "intentionally" made available in our public builds. Only official mention I've seen of them is in relation to the WW2 theatre.

Eeh, that's pity. It will be a good thing if they do something if grass ap looks like a FARP, a little elevated from the ground so that we can land on that surface. Then in that case we could revive that part of the territory (Crimea), for training, naval operations etc. and it would be good for FPS because there are no cities. :smartass:

Would be nice, also for Su-25, which, iirc, is able to land on (and most importantly take off again from) grass airfields

Maybe ED should import some of the objects currently only usable by mods, as I am not a big fan of mods in DCS, at least not the mods you have to install to run a certain mission..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

You can even now land on the grass airfield. Last night I landed on it with the A-10C. The only thing you have no radio contact with ATC, however I'm right next to grassy airport placed a FARP and he gave me instructions to land without problems. The only thing I haven't tried rearming, refuel and repair. I'll try it tonight. I placed all the necessary vehicles.

I have no other information about the dimensions of a grassy airport, except the length of which is seen in ME, I do not have a way to check. I have set outline in accordance with the length and RWY direction. The width I set arbitrarily, probably too much. So far I haven't had a problem with the landing. It is a pity we can't make a template from structure objects.

Do you want to attach this mission?

• 4 months later...
You can even now land on the grass airfield. Last night I landed on it with the A-10C. The only thing you have no radio contact with ATC, however I'm right next to grassy airport placed a FARP and he gave me instructions to land without problems. The only thing I haven't tried rearming, refuel and repair. I'll try it tonight. I placed all the necessary vehicles.

Hi kobac,

Is it possible to use the grass airstrip as FARP replacement and to rearm and refuel on it, if the necessary vehicles are close?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

The grass airport has lua code currently commented (--) out so it is not functional. It has no model, and I doubt it will before an engine overhaul due to the way objects interact with flat surfaces in the current game. Don't bother using it, it's going to add precisely nothing to the game. There's also other hidden things like the "Single Farp" that is commented out. Finally, only the Farp model has requirements for rearm, refuel, repair. Radio, is a different part of code and i'm unsure on it.

I spent many hours puzzling through this on the previous version and remodelled the current farp to be a small plate you can use for aircraft. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2983482&postcount=12 Along with the aircraft starting anywhere hack, this makes for a use, since to activate a farps services you need to be touching the collision model. The entire thing is fraught, and prior to a terrain overhaul there is little hope that grass airfields will appear as a single object. If you want proof of this, simply create a 2km model with no height and watch it float over the terrain.

Since grass airfields add little but their services, I don't see a point in them over having a "servicing area", you can simply mark out a landing field with other smaller objects, a light mod, some tents etc for WW2.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

There is no way without touching a farp object or being in an airbase perimiter or ship. Of course you can change the object to be nothing more than a patch on the ground, which I did.

I hope that this wont be too long before temporary airfields hit, I suspect they at least have it in Normandy and that has to be close, right?

Thank you Pikey,

I am just looking for a way to rearm and refuel helicopters without the FARP object.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 8 months later...

BUMP !!!

Normandie is out and it sucks with all these to large (more big as many towns LOL) and bad modelled airfields which in fact were under camo as good as the Luftwaffe could hide them against the Allies.

So i placed some grassairfields with shorter runways in some paces but still NO chance to activate them except of placing a FARP beside but you still have no Frequency , no rearm , refuel,repair unless your wheels are touching the FARB. But that´s a hard task with a Prop plane without getting damaged.

WHY on earth they did not implement nice and proper grassrunways on Normandie ???? ANy ideas to get that fixed for proper use ???

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick