• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice work RK.

Which seat rails did you use?

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I didn’t ever see a fighter with a cup holder before

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the power distribution sorted. The PSU is in the right console, then there is one large cable that connects the right console to the MIP, then one from the MIP to the left console. So the whole pit is run from one wall power plug.

Here is the plugs I'm using for that main cable. Yes I'm aware of the typo but couldn't be bothered re cutting it!

3a829709c5e1f8f04c208bb06864bea5.jpg

Here is the panel I made up behind the LCD in the MIP

791bacc2fa6a4ca0b7f39b4d552c232d.jpg

Here is the right console finally hooked up to the MIP.

8a2e373080ce5437d08b34588aaacb4e.jpg

Fixed the viewports.

8d7c12ac703a43ed8bdde9accda1e2e0.jpg

And roughly set up in my sim room for testing!

393428863f46ffda2e1058a4b9f5ae2a.jpg

Now I'm trying to get Helios and DCS BIOS working at the same time. Any hints on that? I'm guessing it's an Export.lua issue.

One setback- my CMSP went up in a puff of blue smoke when I connected it to the consoles USB hub.

Im not 100% sure what happened- I think the backlight circuit may have shorted out on one of the buttons. It fried the arduino, although I can see no physical damage to it.

It seems to be working again now on my test bench with a new arduino... But so did the first one....

I'm just working up the courage to try it back in the pit.

Edited by romeokilo

Here is some eye candy.

Testing the lighting on the fire handles. Clear front with the text engraved, white panel behind that and then cheap LED strip.

I'm getting some stickers printed up so it will have the yellow striping soon.

634ecd4a6009f6f82c046807b599da55.jpg

Edited by romeokilo

They are 6 way electric rails from a late model Ford.

Got them from a wrecking yard for $80.

Thanks RK. :)

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Awesome work, I hope mine will look half as good, I get a room in the new house in september just for the pit (and visitors) and I really like what your projector looks like, what type is that?
It's a Benq W1080st.

Does the job well, although I'm having a problem with it overheating now. I think the lamp may be on the way out. I've had it a few years now and have never changed it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lots to do. Most of the left console isn't wired up yet.

Still have to build the radio stack.

I've got the steppers and drivers for the fuel guage but haven't designed it yet.

Right now I'm drawing up the AOA indexers and refuelling lights. They will be F16 style ones, pointing slightly inwards next to the UFC.

I'm not building a HUD- way to complicated. I may put on a fake one just to complete the look though.

I took it for a quick flight last night for the first time actually seated in the pit. It was fun until all systems and both engines randomly shut down...

Im having some issues with switches in the sim randomly throwing. I think it's likely a USB power issue. I may have to run each (3) usb hub from separate wall plugs rather than all share the 5V out from the PSU.

Also, I need to continue working on LUA editing. I got each on/off toggle working, but for some reason they are only being recognised by the sim after you throw it twice? As in the first toggle does nothing, then the second time it works as it should for the rest of the flight. On/off/on switches- no issue. Weird.

Here is the fuel door lever. 3D printed and given to me for free by Blue73! Legend! 855db6801da0548e8210d856521cb0a9.jpg

Ray, switches that randomly act on their own may be the result of a floating pin that’s being influenced by external electrical noise. I'm not familiar with how you wired your panels but maybe the pull-up resistors on the Arduino are insufficient for the job and need some help, especially if you have any long runs of wire connecting switch to mcu.

This is a very short read but it might be of help in diagnosing the problem.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/DigitalPins

Hope it helps. Good luck and let us know what you find to be the cause/solution.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed the LUA editing problem... By not doing it anymore!

Tried Helios to program the switches and it works brilliantly! I don't know why I've never used it before. No ghosting, double toggles, nothing.

The random switch throwing continues but seems to be contained to the AHCP, and that's running from a GGG card not an Arduino. I sat staring at the AHCP in the sim for about 20 minutes (that was fun), and realised the CICU switch randomly throws for about a millisecond. I'm hoping it's just a wiring problem/faulty switch- so off comes the main panel again...

I've been more active with photos and videos on Instagram now, have a look if you have it.

@thewarthogproject

The pit is almost at the keyboard free cold start stage... I CAN'T WAIT!

And here is some eye candy.

fc3cfa0fc7a52f36e9fb3cd81f41ca9c.jpg35f2adc0d11e9786b5b7062c45acf10b.jpgcef89d4d9767f61bf94d8ab7430c2f7b.jpg

Hey! This is absolutely stunning work.

Question, though... I assume you cannot play multiplayer because of all of the exported gauges and such? Or you would have to disable them all?

I haven't actually tried the cockpit in multiplayer yet... Although I modified the viewport LUA on my old triple monitor rig and had no issues in multiplayer servers.

Maybe someone else here can answer that?

Im putting off multiplayer right now until I update my graphics card. I get very low fps when there is a lot going on in 2.5....

On another note - today I realised that this is basically impossible without a canopy frame for reference!

e995d3e7b593bca86aa30b742ba3f0bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk