OK, i gave up on photobucket!

Prowler111

Gents, until i get a better solution to share screenshots, i´ll keep using FB for posting images.

I do have a payed photobucket subscription, but now it seems, it´s not enough to post pics somewhere else.

I´ll keep you posted

Best regards

Prowler

I think everybody dumps them and I'm not sure is something they don't want.

Like iLOVEwindmills said, use http://imgur.com/ It works... for now. But keep copies of your best pics on something else too... like an expanded google drive etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think everybody dumps them and I'm not sure is something they don't want.

Like iLOVEwindmills said, use http://imgur.com/ It works... for now. But keep copies of your best pics on something else too... like an expanded google drive etc.

No internet site is a good backup for another internet sight. Offline disk/flash drive is the only correct answer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No internet site is a good backup for another internet sight. Offline disk/flash drive is the only correct answer.

Every online service is unreliable AND many does even re-compress your image files.

Only correct way to do backups is to have them

1) locally

2) one off-site at near (so you really do update that backup location as well).

No Google Drive, One Cloud, iCloud etc is reliable for anything else than as third backup solution for "easy access".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

You could attach them to your post directly on the forum using the manage attachments?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You could attach them to your post directly on the forum using the manage attachments?

And what if you are out of memory? It's only 300 Mb IIRC. Maybe Flickr?

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

If you want something where you'll be able to replace the image and keep the same link (i.e. like when I update the TARGET profile in my signature), I've found OneDrive to be the best solution. Otherwise Imgur looks like about the only other service that still allows 3rd party linking.

Botophuket and use imgur or postimage.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Every online service is unreliable AND many does even re-compress your image files.

Only correct way to do backups is to have them

1) locally

2) one off-site at near (so you really do update that backup location as well).

No Google Drive, One Cloud, iCloud etc is reliable for anything else than as third backup solution for "easy access".

This might have been true many years ago, but no longer. OneDrive, Google Drive are no more or less secure than anything else. VERY FEW have the discipline to keep things offsite.

I ghost my machines once a month locally. Have a local mirror of it (all onsite). Then I backup my "My Documents" to Google Drive and OneDrive once a week. But I'm lucky enough to have (close to) Gigabit service from FiOS so it's very doable.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This might have been true many years ago, but no longer. OneDrive, Google Drive are no more or less secure than anything else. VERY FEW have the discipline to keep things offsite.

I ghost my machines once a month locally. Have a local mirror of it (all onsite). Then I backup my "My Documents" to Google Drive and OneDrive once a week. But I'm lucky enough to have (close to) Gigabit service from FiOS so it's very doable.

They are unreliable, has always been and will always be, like any internet connections related.

Notice word "unreliable" instead "insecure".

Time after time people find out that online services from Microsoft, Google, Yahoo etc are not reliable. And such people even who so hyped about those services in all kind talk shows etc.

I can transfer 12 terabytes data in an hour from backup to any device I need to.

Roll any change i need to at any given point. Manage all data to search, package, copy etc as required.

There ain't such a online service that allows me to do that as reliable manner.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

They are unreliable, has always been and will always be, like any internet connections related.

Notice word "unreliable" instead "insecure".

Time after time people find out that online services from Microsoft, Google, Yahoo etc are not reliable. And such people even who so hyped about those services in all kind talk shows etc.

I can transfer 12 terabytes data in an hour from backup to any device I need to.

Roll any change i need to at any given point. Manage all data to search, package, copy etc as required.

There ain't such a online service that allows me to do that as reliable manner.

/QUOTE]

Come on Fri13, for a guy who's suck stickler about facts, you're spouting anecdotes. Explain to me how Salesforce.com is unreliable. Tell me how companies are running SAP in Azure. Tell me why Anonymous stopped trying to DDoS AWS. Explain to me how every Fortune 500 company has some type of cloud presence. I'm in this business and like it or not, Internet is pretty damn reliable. Sure, every once in a while, Ebay, FB, goes out for a bit and people freak out. But it's no more, no less than any corporate network in terms of reliability. I designed, built, troubleshot some of the biggest (not government) networks in the world, so I'm speaking from experience.

And how do you transfers 12TB in one hour? Even with MAX PCI 3 throughput, doesn't it come to about 3.5TB in an hour? I suppose if you have four computers, you could do 12TB/hour. I have about 135GB worth of data in the could. And with the normal churn of files, PST files etc. it's about 20min backup to Google/OneDrive. Plenty fast enough. And certainly plenty reliable enough.

And for posting pictures in forums like this? It's a no brainer.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If you don't know how to transfer 12 TiB (or more or even less) in an hour, you don't know how critical it is to restore data at any point.

A serious and good system designer never relies for an Internet in backup system, it is only as a third tier resolution to an problem (that shouldn't be required).

Not a single fortune 500 company data backup architecture should be relying on internet.

We are talking here even just as a average Joe and Jane small image files that they need to have saved reliably so they can get them shared and managed, and online services goes and comes as they ain't even that much reliable. Meaning the files need to be backed up first, and then just have a individual copies to any online service and you need to be prepared those files there are 100% lost cause. That is how every single online service need to be considered, out of your hands = total loss.

Nice to have as one distribution channel but not the primary backup/storage system.

Lets add just a couple historical things:

In our experience, the "back-up" systems of most web-services providers leave a lot to be desired. The back-ups sound reassuring in theory--you are assured that your data is always "backed-up" on a system that is completely separate from the main one and that you'll be able to access it whenever you need it. But then, when you dig, you often discover that that means the data is simply copied to another file on the same box or another box in the same data room.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-lost-data-2011-4?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

https://downloads.cloudsecurityalliance.org/initiatives/top_threats/The_Notorious_Nine_Cloud_Computing_Top_Threats_in_2013.pdf

Google says data has been wiped...at one of its data centres in Belgium. ... Some people have permanently lost access to their files.

While four successive strikes might sound highly unlikely, lightning does not need to repeatedly strike a building in exactly the same spot to cause additional damage.

The...GCE service allows Google's clients to store data and run virtual computers in the cloud. It's not known [what] data was lost. ... Although the chances of data being wiped by lightning strikes are incredibly low, users do have the option of being able to back things up locally.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2973600/cloud-computing/google-cloud-loses-data-belgium-itbwcw.html

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Edited by Fri13

Fri13, you should tell NASA to stop then. And I'm sure you can dig up any number of articles about people loosing data in the cloud. But what you don't admit to is that data loss due to crash, tapes going bad, inline encryptors no longer being supported are far more common.

Nevermind NAS and SAN failures. The reason you don't read about it as much is because people don't post "hey world, we just lost TBs of data!"

And I wasn't talking about enterprise grade SANs. Trust me, I know all about that. I was talking in the context of consumers. If you're the *one* guy that backs up personal stuff to off-site location that's in a separate grid, with fire prevention systems and mantraps/keycard access, my hats off to you. I'm comfortable in saying that 99.99999999% of consumers will never bother with it. Thinking USB drive or external drive is good enough.

But getting back on target. For hosting pictures (even for commercial offering) in Google/Ondrive is **MORE** than adequate. To say otherwise is being ridiculously paranoid.

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Fri13, you should tell NASA to stop then. And I'm sure you can dig up any number of articles about people loosing data in the cloud. But what you don't admit to is that data loss due to crash, tapes going bad, inline encryptors no longer being supported are far more common.

THE NASA that lost the few hundred kilos of moon rocks because some intern labeled them wrong?

THE NASA that just recorded over the moon landing tapes because they didn't have money?

THE NASA that couldn't output a first moon landing video to well known broadcast signal than in last moment to just hack one tiny monitor that was playing back the video to a TV broadcast camera?

THE NASA that hast lost over half of the mars test data?

And I am not denying anything, so I am not "not admitting" so don't try that strawman argument...

The fact still is, relying internet and online services for data backup is nothing more than foolish.

Even in most simplest situations like a average gamer screenshots, online forum charts etc. You can't trust a single online service to be able host those files for longer periods or even for short ones! You need to have backups and be prepared to copy data to new services time to time if you want to use them as distribution channel.

A every data has different priorities. A screenshot from a game has far lower tier for data storage than is a first month photographs from your first child or the few photographs from your grandparents or from your parents and from you etc.

So every data has different tier for data storage that changes and requires actions to be usable and available.

THE NASA that lost the few hundred kilos of moon rocks because some intern labeled them wrong?

THE NASA that just recorded over the moon landing tapes because they didn't have money?

THE NASA that couldn't output a first moon landing video to well known broadcast signal than in last moment to just hack one tiny monitor that was playing back the video to a TV broadcast camera?

THE NASA that hast lost over half of the mars test data?

And I am not denying anything, so I am not "not admitting" so don't try that strawman argument...

The fact still is, relying internet and online services for data backup is nothing more than foolish.

Even in most simplest situations like a average gamer screenshots, online forum charts etc. You can't trust a single online service to be able host those files for longer periods or even for short ones! You need to have backups and be prepared to copy data to new services time to time if you want to use them as distribution channel.

A every data has different priorities. A screenshot from a game has far lower tier for data storage than is a first month photographs from your first child or the few photographs from your grandparents or from your parents and from you etc.

So every data has different tier for data storage that changes and requires actions to be usable and available.

Anytime words like strawman, ad hominem, circular argument are brought up, it's time for me to check out.

I like how you bring up all the errors committed by NASA but fail to mention that NASA, and only NASA put men on the moon. No one else has. They brought Apollo mission back nothing but duct tape (practically).

So I think AWS, Azure is here to stay and that it's not a fad. You call it foolish. We'll leave it at that and go on our ways.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---