View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #41
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 58
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Let's see...
- Heavy Lifting: Check
- Really fast rotary wing: Check
- Troop Transport: Check
- Helicopter AAR: Hopefully (that would be an outstanding feature IMO)
- CSAR type missions: Check
- Spec Ops missions: Hopefully (NVGs, FLIR)

I don't think it gets much more multi role than that. Yeah, count me in!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #42
MegOhm_SD

Reputation power: 12
MegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really nice

I voted yes because I like big chopper targets.

But I would probably never fly one.
Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus Rift!, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #43
BeastyBaiter

Reputation power: 2
BeastyBaiter will become famous soon enoughBeastyBaiter will become famous soon enough

I have all the choppers (ka-50 is my favorite module by a huge margin) and plan to buy the two in development, but I'm going to pass on a pure cargo chopper. They are about as interesting as a C-5, which is something you'd have to pay me to bother with. I'm not interested in any module that has zero combat ability. Voted no even as a chopper fan. Stick with the harrier, that I'll buy in a heartbeat. I'm on the fence with the mirage III and the AT-27 is a no buy because I already have the L-39 which is basically the same thing.
BeastyBaiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #44
StingerSharp

Reputation power: 0
StingerSharp is on a distinguished road

I may the one guy in the field on this but I would not mind having even simplified chopper as an option. Something like a planes in Flaming Cliff. Just have basic power on/off engine on/off exc. For as long as it has full customization options in therms of cargo/equipment it can have on it. And if it is popular make a separate module with fully clickable cockpit.

I bit off topic:
I am a casual flyer in DCS and I have most of the modules but still my favorite plane I used the most hours is still SU-25T that is free in DCS. It is complicated to use not because of its cockpit but because of how you have to use it in CAS. Getting in the danger zone on most of the attacks and so on.
I would like to see SU-25TM or other modernized variant with clickable cockpit.
StingerSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #45
Gladman

Reputation power: 6
Gladman will become famous soon enoughGladman will become famous soon enoughGladman will become famous soon enough

I'd go for a SH-60 for SAR but I don't know if I'd buy the others. Maybe the Super Stallion.
Gladman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #46
Sofapiloz

Reputation power: 7
Sofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the roughSofapiloz is a jewel in the rough

Old german saying: "If you want to hit the shit, take a Hammer":

Give us heavy metal!
Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 PM   #47
Home Fries

Reputation power: 15
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

I'd be all in for a CH-46, CH-47 and MH-53.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #48
Britchot

Reputation power: 6
Britchot will become famous soon enoughBritchot will become famous soon enoughBritchot will become famous soon enough

CH-53s and 47s, yes, yes, and HECK YES!

Still holding out hope for an MH-60, too

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB
double-sided
5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive
JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist
Britchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #49
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Full fidelity big helo: Yes, but with a proviso that they should come along after DCS has been updated to support them properly with different mission types.

Things that spring to mind are paratroop drops, cargo drops, S&R ops, actual loading and unloading, and various things like that.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 PM   #50
EagleFox+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
EagleFox will become famous soon enoughEagleFox will become famous soon enough

THINK BIG yes yes yes
EagleFox is offline   Reply With Quote