Notices

View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #31
sniperwolfpk5

Reputation power: 9
sniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura about

How nice it would be if we pick and drop cargo, infantry personals from a living carrier to other war ships and to land areas. A visual ladder that is drop to help sinking ship.

P.S Any behemoth hello is most well come.
Win10, HP probook 4540s i7QM 2.2Ghz Ram 8GB, ATI Radian hd 7650, Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick, DIY Rudder Pedals. Download working win10 saitek drivers version SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9 from here, Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I WANT DCS F-16
sniperwolfpk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #32
MAD-MM

Reputation power: 6
MAD-MM has a spectacular aura aboutMAD-MM has a spectacular aura aboutMAD-MM has a spectacular aura aboutMAD-MM has a spectacular aura about

I would be favor more mutli role Helicopter, like Ka-27 and UH-60 to use at later Point as Troop or Cargo Transport.
And they could adoped as Submarine hunter for me instressting aspect for DCS, after sales now for Helicopters still moderate compared to Jet's i see personaly not any Future for heavy Lifters. So vote for "no"

9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #33
Akuma

Reputation power: 0
Akuma is on a distinguished road

I'm not a combat oriented pilot, so, my answer is "yes, yes, yes", but, as people very well said here, we will need some changes and additions to make these beasts useful in the field.

Last edited by Akuma; 10-19-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:04 AM   #34
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 33
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

To all that think a heavy lifter is useless in DCS... you don't imagine the possibilities:

You just keep your engines spooled for when the sh... hits the fan(s)
Old 10-19-2016, 12:15 PM   #35
Tirak

Reputation power: 7
Tirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the rough

I'm in the minority it seems, but I would steer away from heavy lift choppers for now. There really isn't a whole lot for them to do and they don't fit into any of the multiplayer scenarios we have. I'd rather see efforts be directed towards combat aircraft and wait until ED starts to support the sorts of things that heavy lift choppers do by having a working dynamic campaign and drastically improved ground interaction.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #36
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

I would buy it if:
(a) it was the Mi-6 OR
(b) it could do something very exciting that my Mi-8 can't do... and I don't consider hauling 10+ tons rather than 3+ tons terribly exciting.

Since neither seems to be the case, I'll vote no.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #37
iLOVEwindmills

Reputation power: 4
iLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the roughiLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the roughiLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the roughiLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the roughiLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the roughiLOVEwindmills is a jewel in the rough

Don't see that as a good use of time and resources, it would be 'nice' but there's a thousand other things that would be much more useable and profitable.
iLOVEwindmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #38
terence44

Reputation power: 14
terence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of lightterence44 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh yes
Old 10-19-2016, 04:29 PM   #39
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 16
Sierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler111 View Post
I consider these projects very risky, since there is little to no combat performed by these aircraft, they are basically heavy lifters

Prowler

PS : I forgot to mention the phrog!
Seeing as DCS is obviously moving away from being a "Pure" combat sim, I believe this sentiment is unfounded. I mean seriously, when DCS: Huey was announced I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Now, I find myself hoping in a Huey when I just wanna "Fly" around for a bit.

There are PLENTY of uses in DCS for the Chinook and CH-53. The Chinook is the CURRENT prime Heavy lift helicopter for both the Army and Navy / Marines. capable of moving significant amounts of personnel and cargo in tactical environment. Its Military missions are exactly the same as the Mi-8 and their civilian uses for fire fighting and construction are numerous...so if one can exist, the other can exist just as easily.

The MH/CH-53 was used by all three services prior to its retirement particularly during the Vietnam war. Combat Search and Rescue relied heavily on the "Jolly Green Giants" and judging from the number of Medal of Honor recipients from the Search and Rescue community, I'd say they have seen plenty of combat. Combined these facts with with Special Ops Pave Low missions of the 80s and 90s and I'd say there is plenty of justification for BOTH the Jolly Green and Chinook in DCS.

Sierra

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Intel i5-2500K@ 4.0GHz, 32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3@1600Ghz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows10-64bit, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #40
Gierasimov

Reputation power: 7
Gierasimov will become famous soon enoughGierasimov will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdog View Post
As soon as you are done with either an Apache or a Cobra with a co-op pit you can do whatever you want but not until either one of those are done!
+1
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote