Reputation power: 4
jaguara5 will become famous soon enoughjaguara5 will become famous soon enough

No
jaguara5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #22
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 44
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

a heavy lifter has appropriate if the cargo and infantry deployments on dcs world has better improvement and follow to a next steep into DCS: World (at leveo similar of ARMA), but that is black spot.

Meanwhile, a rotund Yes (and I add not only heavy lifters / transport helos, add to the list all the naval ASW/AsUW helos)

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #23
Hook47

Reputation power: 8
Hook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the rough

FWIW Razbam I was a Flight Engineer in CH-47Ds, and should be able to share a lot of info and materials on the chopper should Razbam ever decide to move forward. The CH-47D (Not F) is prettymuch totally declassified and would fit very well with the other available technology in DCS. It can be armed with 3 gunners (M240H, M-134A, M2 .50) and has a useful hook load of about 26,000 lbs, so you would need to expand on the sling loading in the sim to actually being able to life something like a Humvee to be able to fully realize the Chinhooks capability. I think a cargo chopper in DCS could be a lot of fun if the cargo functions were expanded, such as expanded troop transport systems.

If you ever did do a CH-47, including the ACH-47A, also know as the Guns-a-go-go Chinooks would be incredible. Those choppers are legendary in the Chinook community. They were four armored and very heavily armed Chinook Gunships that served in Vietnam. While making only those variety as a module might be a little too oddball, including them in the CH-47 module would be EPIC!

If you ever have any interest in this I would be glad to help out however possible- just shoot me a PM!

Last edited by Hook47; 10-19-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #24
rezn550

Reputation power: 0
rezn550 is on a distinguished road

a few weeks ago i had to pack away all my stuff for flightsimming (throttle, joystick, trackir etc.) beacuse my wife didn't like it and said i spent to much time on my computer....
if there comes a ch-53 for dcs i will pack her away 100 % sure
rezn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
firmek

Reputation power: 7
firmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nice

As much I would love to see the CH-53 or UH-60, EC725/H225M (but not so much CH-47 or any other successor of Piasecki's flying banana) the question is what would be their application in DCS.
Today missions are designed in away that Mi-8 capability to lift higher weights and take more soldiers on board does not matter compared to Huey. To justify the heavy lifters, first there should be a content and backbone in DCS that would allow to benefit from their increased size and provide applications which would bring more tasks than only flying the module.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #26
ObiWanVA10

Reputation power: 2
ObiWanVA10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn550 View Post
a few weeks ago i had to pack away all my stuff for flightsimming (throttle, joystick, trackir etc.) beacuse my wife didn't like it and said i spent to much time on my computer....
if there comes a ch-53 for dcs i will pack her away 100 % sure

Are we married to the same woman????????
I know we feel the same about Rotary Aviation.......
ObiWanVA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #27
J3ST3R

Reputation power: 4
J3ST3R is on a distinguished road

I'd love to see big helicopters in dcs, there is a massive gap in the sim that they could fill in my opinion. CH-53, chinook or UH 60 would be my favourite but I'd buy any to be honest!
Old 10-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #28
Vampyre

Reputation power: 9
Vampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
As much I would love to see the CH-53 or UH-60, EC725/H225M (but not so much CH-47 or any other successor of Piasecki's flying banana) the question is what would be their application in DCS.
Today missions are designed in away that Mi-8 capability to lift higher weights and take more soldiers on board does not matter compared to Huey. To justify the heavy lifters, first there should be a content and backbone in DCS that would allow to benefit from their increased size and provide applications which would bring more tasks than only flying the module.
As much as I am enjoying the CTLD script I do agree that realistic cargo weight and the balance of the cargo should be a factor. Right now we have Huey's flying around fully armed and carrying a reinforced M-1 tank platoon inside it plus a simulated sling load TOW HMMWV... of which it could pick up none of in real life. ED is not there yet, that is true, but if we say no to an aircraft module simply because all of the functionality of cargo lifting is not yet included we are doing ourselves a disservice. If cargo helicopters or planes are not in the game there is no need to improve those aspects of the game. I'm thinking of it as the more cargo/transport aircraft we have the greater chance that there will be greater focus to include that kind of content.

My thoughts on implementing internal cargo would be similar to how the weapons loadouts for the combat aircraft are handled. Simply have a cargo menu with a layout of the aircrafts cargo bay and have the space taken up by selectable loads with realistic weight added exactly as it is selected and placed in the aircraft just like how weapons are chosen now. For sling loading I just wish ED would fix what they have already done... I miss MP sling loading.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #29
Cibit
Veteran

Reputation power: 43
Cibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to all

If you build it they will come.

I know lots of people who would love to fly any chopper and if it was a heavy lift bird that would be even sweeter. Jolly Green Giant would fit in well with the 229th although any variant of the CH-53 would be superb

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #30
IanMacleod

Reputation power: 0
IanMacleod is on a distinguished road

AW101 for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFXgXM5mwEg
L-39 Albatros
Combined arms
F15
C
Spitfire LF Mk. IX

Last edited by IanMacleod; 10-19-2016 at 11:28 AM.
IanMacleod is offline   Reply With Quote