Notices

View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2016, 03:23 AM   #11
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 41
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

I don't mind to see LHA being released after Harrier release, don't you consider this as an option? From my understanding the LHA is must for Harrier.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:51 AM   #12
Darkbrotherhood7

Reputation power: 8
Darkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really nice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZ5c4e3QTc

^^^ Man, a CH-53E would be so nice
Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

Last edited by Darkbrotherhood7; 10-19-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Darkbrotherhood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:02 AM   #13
airdog

Reputation power: 21
airdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of lightairdog is a glorious beacon of light

As soon as you are done with either an Apache or a Cobra with a co-op pit you can do whatever you want but not until either one of those are done!
| Asus P8Z77-V Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.0 | 16 GB DDR3@2133mhz | EVGA 980GTX Ti 6GB| Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | 3x Acer 23" Touchscreens | HELIOS |

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/
airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 AM   #14
Baldawg

Reputation power: 3
Baldawg is on a distinguished road

+1 on that airdog!
Derek Speare DSD 64
Sabotaged Logitech Joystick w/11 toggles
TM Warthog HOTAS w/homebuilt PVC stick extension
TM Cougar MFD's
TM RCS w/toe brakes mod
TIR 5 W/track clip Pro
Saitek Multi, Switch, BIPx2, Radiox2 Panels interfaced to DCS via ArturDCS's FlightPanels [FSF]Ian's DCS-Bios
Baldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:08 AM   #15
Baldawg

Reputation power: 3
Baldawg is on a distinguished road

More than 75% of you guys would rather fly a cargo helicopter full of rubber dog$$$$ outta Hong Kong?
Derek Speare DSD 64
Sabotaged Logitech Joystick w/11 toggles
TM Warthog HOTAS w/homebuilt PVC stick extension
TM Cougar MFD's
TM RCS w/toe brakes mod
TIR 5 W/track clip Pro
Saitek Multi, Switch, BIPx2, Radiox2 Panels interfaced to DCS via ArturDCS's FlightPanels [FSF]Ian's DCS-Bios
Baldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:30 AM   #16
Vampyre

Reputation power: 9
Vampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really nice

Absolutely YES!
I've been hoping a developer would do a CH-53E Super Stallion for a long time. Any H-53 would be good though. I'd go for a Merlin HC3, CH-47 Chinook, Mi-26 Halo and CH-37 Mojave as well.

I'd also love to have an H-60 of any variant with a preference for the CSAR/SPECOPS variants but any one would do.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:45 AM   #17
zaelu
Veteran

Reputation power: 34
zaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of lightzaelu is a glorious beacon of light

Chinook because awesome!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #18
some1

Reputation power: 20
some1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nicesome1 is just really nice

They are very low on my list of aircraft that I'd like to see in DCS, so I guess that's a "no".

Owned modules out of beta: A-10C; Ka-50; P-51; FW-190D; UH-1; FC; FC2; FC3; L-39C/ZA; MiG-15bis; F-86F Sabre; Bf 109 K-4; F-5E; Mi-8MTV2; M-2000C
Owned betas: SA-342; NTTR; MiG-21bis; C-101 Aviojet; Hawk T.1A; Spitfire IX; AJS 37
Hardware: Hotas Warthog, Hotas Cougar, Slaw Rudder, Wheel Stand Pro, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Rift CV1
some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #19
ObiWanVA10

Reputation power: 2
ObiWanVA10 is on a distinguished road

This
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS332_Super_Puma_all-weather_tactical_transport_helicopter_France_French_army_aviation_defence_i.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	150305
ObiWanVA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #20
Pikey

Reputation power: 28
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

With the current cadence opf new releases from ED, I can easily afford everything and my vote is skewed. So based on my observations of purchasing patterns from the people I've flown with over the years, I'd say a pure transport wouldn't be great uptake, around 50% of the people I know and they are pretty hardcore, unless ED did something to integrate scripting like Ciribob's CTLD into the game but properly with assets and visuals and logistics. However, the entire package being on a carrier...well, with the Carrier, the Harrier and relevant rotary assets, that makes a different story.

I'd like to fly choppers on the carrier and so the helicopters should really be a part of that vision, something consistent with the content and era. And in that way, I would say more people would be interested because you can leverage the carrier and it's assets as the centrepiece to the mission. I'd humbly argue the CH-46 would garner the most interest, it can also be used in scenarios back to Vietnam and has a large following as well as being unique in many aspects. The CH-53 looks hellishly complex to do, although I can see amid air refuelling being of interest!
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote