Notices

View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #91
Cowboy10uk

Reputation power: 30
Cowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to all

Hell yes, been dreaming about a DCS Puma from day one, although she isn't really a big helicopter.

Chinook would be an instant buy as well. Would be interesting to see a guns a go go version, hint hint.

Basically, YES there's a huge Rotary family out there and we are desperately short of quality sim aircraft to fly. Luckily DCS is starting to change that.

Cowboy10uk

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Intel I5 3570K, 24GB DDR3 1600MHZ Ram, 3.5TB Hard Disk, Nvidia GTX 980TI Hybrid black edition, 55" 4K TV, 1 x Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus touch, TM Warthog Hotas, Komodo UH1 Collective, Saitek Pedals, Gametrix 908 Jetseat And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #92
firmek

Reputation power: 6
firmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the roughfirmek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
... (Chinook just looks like two palm trees riding a baseball bat).
He has it in his DNA . His grand grand father was nick-named "banana"

But seriously, due to unique, 2-rotor design Chinook would most probably require additional physics modeling.
Other, conventional helicopters are probably less challenging to develop. Something that should be considered. Even with all of the positive feedback about interest in heavy lifters, transport helicopters are still not the main stream modules.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #93
showtime817th

Reputation power: 9
showtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the rough

CH-47 or CH-53 would be nice to have. What would be really be awesome, if you made it mulitcrew right out the box, you guys could set a stander.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:37 PM   #94
SageOT

Reputation power: 5
SageOT has a spectacular aura aboutSageOT has a spectacular aura aboutSageOT has a spectacular aura aboutSageOT has a spectacular aura about

Carrier/Navy version of any helo and I'm on board. With all the new Naval planes and carriers seems like a natural follow on....
Old 10-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #95
Kang

Reputation power: 2
Kang will become famous soon enoughKang will become famous soon enoughKang will become famous soon enough

Yes, in favour. All of the possibilities sound interesting, especially the Puma, CH-46, Mi-26. Of course, though, for it to make much sense some major expansion on the transport systems of DCS would have to be pressed; I'm sure ED would listen and it seems realistic given how long it takes to develop a module.
Different kinds of cargos to sling, some more on-the-fly functionality on mounting and dismounting troops... it would be an idea to allow the pilot to set simple tasks for inserted troops, a little CA-style. This would make the helicopters a little combat-viable in any case, too.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #96
drcarnage52

Reputation power: 3
drcarnage52 is on a distinguished road

Still think a Lynx would be the best addition possible
drcarnage52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #97
Paradox

Reputation power: 8
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcarnage52 View Post
Still think a Lynx would be the best addition possible
I agree actually
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:49 PM   #98
gunterlund21

Reputation power: 8
gunterlund21 has a spectacular aura aboutgunterlund21 has a spectacular aura aboutgunterlund21 has a spectacular aura aboutgunterlund21 has a spectacular aura aboutgunterlund21 has a spectacular aura about

IF ED gets their act together about CA then heavy lift will be essential for moving troops and supplies.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:07 AM   #99
sniperwolfpk5

Reputation power: 9
sniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura aboutsniperwolfpk5 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageOT View Post
Carrier/Navy version of any helo and I'm on board. With all the new Naval planes and carriers seems like a natural follow on....
^ This is what I want.
P.S So for the thread is in positive direction.
Win10, HP probook 4540s i7QM 2.2Ghz Ram 8GB, ATI Radian hd 7650, Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick, DIY Rudder Pedals. Download working win10 saitek drivers version SST_Software_64_6_6_6_9 from here, Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

I WANT DCS F-16
sniperwolfpk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #100
Kiloutyg

Reputation power: 0
Kiloutyg is on a distinguished road

I'm voting for the Puma or something like the Blackhawk because there is a lot of weapon and armed configuration available like the Cassiopée a configuration that can oppose the Mi-8!
Kiloutyg is offline   Reply With Quote