Quarterly Update Q3 2016 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-19-2016, 10:48 AM   #71
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 5
MikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1 View Post
I think lessons were learned on both sides: VEAO has learned how NOT to develop a DCS module, while customers are more wary now of broken products that stay forever in beta with very little support from the dev.

As for myself, I'm fine with waiting for the things mentioned in the newsletter, but I'm not gonna give VEAO any more money before I see a final, feature complete, quality product from them. Be it Hawk, P40 or any other airplane. Not just another beta with promises that they will rework (again) half of it in the next few months.
There is an easy solution to all this: Read reviews, and do not buy beta-products. Gamers and simmers alike are notoriously bad at jumping on a chance to buy sonething brand new even when there are fully working alternatives.

I know it is a nieche, and we want to support developement, but that does not mean buying everything blind.

On the update itself, Ells, have you discussed plans for releasing info on the Hawks progress during the ASM rework? Might we expect info bits during the las quarter of the year, or will you keep working under the hood silently until the rework is closer to being finished? I would think the P-40 will probably steal the spotlight for the next two months.

Regards,
MikeMikeJuliet
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #72
bbrz

Reputation power: 2
bbrz will become famous soon enoughbbrz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Slight correction: VEAO is recoding the ASM for the Hawk. Not the AFM. So systems, not flight model. Just to be clear.
Just to make sure, the AFM still needs quite a bit of work as well.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #73
Mizzy

Reputation power: 24
Mizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Hmm, is anybody aware, that Aviojet is still coding/recoding their AFM, integrating Dual Cockpit etc.?

Not put a blame, just they had similar issues, so there are indeed other planes "affected", in some way, by the heavy development and some of the early code they produced...

Yet, all developers still, accept this as a challenge and go on to better their products, enhance existing stuff, even add new features, usually for free.

I don't understand the hostility around here to the companies breathing life into our precious hobby?!
Think about it, do you see a company like EA or Ubisoft taking over the sim niche any time soon? Any other alternatives? And you still try to blame, threaten, judge and hate these guys?

An interesting strategy. What are these people trying to achieve? Have some of the 3rd parties quit, so we have less planes to learn and keep it "more simple"?
Where did the word 'hate' come from ? I have discovered that it was my user error that was at fault, didn't know about the parking brake !! So, long story short. I took the module for a spin in the virtual sky, I don't have to worry about fighting cos I don't fight in the simulator, just fly around and whatnot. First of all the EFM flight model was excellent compared to other modules I have (almost all of them). The 3D model is brilliant, the skins are brilliant and the cockpit is poor. Was it worth buying...yes it was, I don't regret it...well I got it bought as a gift actually. However, it appears there are still issues, maybe not as many as I first thought.

Mizzy
Mizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #74
Mizzy

Mizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of lightMizzy is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Sized View Post
Parking brake.
Thank you
Mizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #75
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 44
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzy View Post
Where did the word 'hate' come from ? I have discovered that it was my user error that was at fault, didn't know about the parking brake !! So, long story short. I took the module for a spin in the virtual sky, I don't have to worry about fighting cos I don't fight in the simulator, just fly around and whatnot. First of all the EFM flight model was excellent compared to other modules I have (almost all of them). The 3D model is brilliant, the skins are brilliant and the cockpit is poor. Was it worth buying...yes it was, I don't regret it...well I got it bought as a gift actually. However, it appears there are still issues, maybe not as many as I first thought.

Mizzy
Mizzy I am Not talking about you...
These are normal "ooops" moments, no worries.

I was refering to the accusations, of VEAO "blaming" ED, which Chris obviously did not! And especially at the nonsense, that VEAO is the only third party that has problems.
I agree, they have been hit harder, than most, but it is the nature of complex software development, that things can easily go tits up and need to be fixed, reworked, scrapped or whatever.

On the other side Chris and pman where always very open and honest about their plans, status, and issues.
Beginning with the clear statement "the Hawk will be the testbed, from which we need to learn how to integrate a module into DCS. Expect delays and trouble along the path" and the latest news in post 1 of this thread... No evasion, no marketing blanks, only a phase of very reduced update and information, due to the shit-storms that rolled through these forums.

I would be very happy, if other companies producing Operating Systems, Notebooks, Enterprise Software would be as honest and direct in their communication, especially when it comes to features and issues.

I personally am very happy about the latest news and can easily cope with the wait, for the dual-cockpit an overhaul of the ASM (which was already astonishing) and look forward to it.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #76
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 64
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Guys the topic is Quarterly Update Q3 2016 and the content in it.

Please stick to it, thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #77
MikeMikeJuliet

Reputation power: 5
MikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the roughMikeMikeJuliet is a jewel in the rough

Ells talked about the P-40 module verification happenin "very soon" and after that it will be released to the public... Now, I wonder what might "very soon" mean. I take it that we probably have the P-40 in our hands before xmas... most likely before. End of this month? Possible?ish? Maybe?
MikeMikeJuliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #78
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 92
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeJuliet View Post
Ells talked about the P-40 module verification happenin "very soon" and after that it will be released to the public... Now, I wonder what might "very soon" mean. I take it that we probably have the P-40 in our hands before xmas... most likely before. End of this month? Possible?ish? Maybe?
All depends on how those steps go.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #79
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 76
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

All good discussion points and I'm not going to go over old ground again.
We have learnt and P40 is testament to that.

I'm happy to YouTube the P40 start up training lesson and taxi take off lesson, of which we are still working on refining; however I'm going to do it when they are more complete (text and voice).

I can't go into official review details for obvious reasons. And I can't give timescales.
The module will be fully reviewed by ED and TFC prior to release.

In terms of Hawk, yes I'll post details up as work is progressing.

I have spent the past couple of days at Jav's house going through an actual Hawk Pilots notes and checklist cards.
Apart from 3 items on the pre-start, start and post-Start checklists which have been omitted from our module for sensitivity reasons our Hawk was on the numbers every step of the way.
I stand behind the fact you won't find any other Hawk in a sim that matches what we have done.

Yes we have a couple of bugs that I mentioned in my original post with re-spawn but again Hawk is on the numbers for ASM.

Bbrz, Hawk EFM is currently in review jointly with ED. More details will be posted later.

I hope that answers most recent questions.
Keep them coming please.

Thanks,
Chris.

Last edited by Ells228; 10-19-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Ells228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #80
Coxy_99

Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

Any chance of buying that P-40 early £75 quid?

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote