View Poll Results: big choppers yes or no
Yes 446 82.44%
No 95 17.56%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2016, 02:56 AM   #1
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 13
Prowler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really nice
Default Big Helicopters

Here is simple as well
Weighting (as with the LHA idea) to create some heavy choppers, like CH-53E Super Stallion, or the Chinook or Maybe the Puma (All under RAZBAM of course..hehe), keep in mind there is no time frame for this, just would like to know what´s your opinion on this subject, since we are very busy as it is with our current projects, but if there is a sparkling interest, we might explore our options
Prowler111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:04 AM   #2
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 41
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

AIs on the deck? why not? Depending on the complexity of this LHA (how it works and etc) I would pay for it.

IMHO the LHA should be FREE if you buy the Harrier, if not, you would have to buy it separately. I would say no more than $19.99.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website

Last edited by Vitormouraa; 10-19-2016 at 03:08 AM.
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:07 AM   #3
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

Prowler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really niceProwler111 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
AIs on the deck? why not? Depending on the complexity of this LHA (how it works and etc) I would pay for it.
Nope..as a complete module
Old 10-19-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 41
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler111 View Post
Nope..as a complete module
Ha.. now you are speaking my language.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 AM   #5
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Ha.. now you are speaking my language.
I consider these projects very risky, since there is little to no combat performed by these aircraft, they are basically heavy lifters

Prowler

PS : I forgot to mention the phrog!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:22 AM   #6
Norsegunar

Reputation power: 0
Norsegunar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I consider these projects very risky, since there is little to no combat performed by these aircraft, they are basically heavy lifters

Prowler

Prowler,

I think more now then ever Heavy lift aircraft are needed for DCS, specially with Blue Flag and Open Conflict. The integration of the logistics part in Blue Flag just calls for a heavy lifter. I am a huge Heli fan and would love something else to fly. Maybe like a UH-60.....
Old 10-19-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 16
Sierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of lightSierra99 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Prowler

Seeing as DCS is obviously moving away from being a "Pure" combat sim, I believe this sentiment is unfounded. I mean seriously, when DCS: Huey was announced I checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Now, I find myself hoping in a Huey when I just wanna "Fly" around for a bit.

There are PLENTY of uses in DCS for the Chinook and CH-53. The Chinook is the CURRENT prime Heavy lift helicopter for both the Army and Navy / Marines. capable of moving significant amounts of personnel and cargo in tactical environment. Its Military missions are exactly the same as the Mi-8 and their civilian uses for fire fighting and construction are numerous...so if one can exist, the other can exist just as easily.

The MH/CH-53 was used by all three services prior to its retirement particularly during the Vietnam war. Combat Search and Rescue relied heavily on the "Jolly Green Giants" and judging from the number of Medal of Honor recipients from the Search and Rescue community, I'd say they have seen plenty of combat. Combined these facts with with Special Ops Pave Low missions of the 80s and 90s and I'd say there is plenty of justification for BOTH the Jolly Green and Chinook in DCS.

Sierra

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Intel i5-2500K@ 4.0GHz, 32GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3@1600Ghz, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970, Windows10-64bit, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:12 AM   #8
Darkbrotherhood7

Reputation power: 8
Darkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really nice

Quote:
IMHO the LHA should be FREE if you buy the Harrier, if not, you would have to buy it separately. I would say no more than $19.99.
Agreed!

-----------

Prowler, how complex would the LHA be?
Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call
Darkbrotherhood7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:17 AM   #9
Prowler111
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbrotherhood7 View Post
Agreed!

-----------

Prowler, how complex would the LHA be?
The thing is, we can´t tie the Harrier release to a LHA release, it will simply slow things down and add more complexity to an already extremely complex module.
As for how complex it would be, i still can´t say, just scratching the surface here, but i think it should be practical rather than complex (if you catch my drift)
As for pricing, of course it would not be in the same figures as any aircraft
Old 10-19-2016, 03:05 AM   #10
Darkbrotherhood7

Reputation power: 8
Darkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really niceDarkbrotherhood7 is just really nice

Yes, the CH-53 is my favorite heavy heli.
Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call
Darkbrotherhood7 is offline   Reply With Quote