DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a little worried that ED are going to roll out the current OB to stable tomorrow, and this bug is going to ruin multiplayer: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218255 Looks like servers are crashing every few minutes on the OB build. At least 2/5 of the most populated servers have reported the same issue (and I'm not actually sure if the others - 104th, BF, TTI - updated to the OB build).

Surely the point to OB is to test and prove the readiness of an update prior to go live to “prod”.

ED, would seem prudent to update OB tomorrow with fixes for:

- this server issue

- the game crash on using a Mav E in the harrier

- the tone for the Aim 9x

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks very much Silver Dragon and Vikko!

Wow I didn't even think that MiG-31 (very basic model) would still be that secret, especially when assuming that (my theory) russia upgraded all of them to at least MiG-31M version... (There is also B, BM, BSM and K version already...) And which data about it is that secret? Wikipedia lists a lot of things, weight, engine power, Zaslon-A radar data... (the only things I could imagine being secret would be radar operation modes in the cockpit, and the cockpit instruments)

- the tone for the Aim 9x

On Harrier or F-18?

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On Harrier or F-18?

I assume on the F18.

Is it even available on the Harrier?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

I don't think so, I just asked to be sure. (you could've meant F-15C for example or so)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Getting a little worried that ED are going to roll out the current OB to stable tomorrow, and this bug is going to ruin multiplayer: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218255 Looks like servers are crashing every few minutes on the OB build. At least 2/5 of the most populated servers have reported the same issue (and I'm not actually sure if the others - 104th, BF, TTI - updated to the OB build).

We've been on the openbeta build for a quite a long time and the 104th typically stays up for 24 hour periods without stability problems, most times with 40-50 or more clients connected.

We've been on the openbeta build for a quite a long time and the 104th typically stays up for 24 hour periods without stability problems, most times with 40-50 or more clients connected.

Well sounds like 2/3rds are affected then, I'm sure those other server owners would be interested to know if you've done anything special to counter it - I'm hearing its affecting people hosting their own sessions for a friend or two as well.

Stable should be called "Delayed Beta" as most of the time it has the exact same issues as the previous weeks Beta release.

Anyone using Stable may as well download OB and have their game broken a week earlier so they don't waste time and can do something else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Again.

Anyone have tested the Crash in the Release version?

Again,

There is no need to test. The release is just last week's OB!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Why is so difficult to answer a simple question?

Release is crashing with Mav E?

Yes.

No.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yes.

No.

We are answering it - the builds are identical, there are no changes. So yes, it was broken in OB so it's broken in release. If you fire a Mav E on 2.5.2.20601, your game will crash.

I do wonder what criteria are being applied during their impact assessment before making a decision to push a known issue into stable that will result in a game crash.

At the very least, I hope they add release notes to warn players against using Es.

Just re-checked.

No warning in the release notes.

ED, this really isn’t cool. Hopefully something to learn from.

Yes.

No.

What do you mean? You’ve been answered about 3 times already!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

:dunno: I stopped looking for any logic in ED's way of working...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

BIGNEWY is on vacation... and "BillyCrusher" posted the changelog, I've never seen him before. I messaged Billy, ED is now investigating the crash. (yes, now it's obviously too late)

BIGNEWY is on vacation... and "BillyCrusher" posted the changelog, I've never seen him before. I messaged Billy, ED is now investigating the crash. (yes, now it's obviously too late)

Interesting, in theory ED knew about this a week ago.

I've checked the situation and the problem is in DCS. I am forwarding this to ED so they can solve it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218201&page=2

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

BillyCrusher is by no means new and he has posted the changelog before or something else in ED's name. ED was already investigating this last week.

Personally I have a double feeling with ED pushing Beta to Release every other week. On the one hand I think its a bit unlogical to push the exact same Beta with the bugs still in it to release. On the otherhand it makes sense, because the Beta is the testing platform, so you cant expect the Release version to be better (have less bugs) then the Beta. Also people tend to start crying if for example the AIM-9X takes 'too long' to make it to Release. Plus the fact that there is people that do not even fly the Harrier and so on and so on. Yes its a problem, but not the end of the world.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm