skidding on runway

tflash

Strange, I had a mission starting on Senaki airfield that I flew many many times without problems. I didn't fly the Dora for a while, but now I simply am no more able to take off. The plane skids over the runway, and the tailweel doesn't align, it just stays in a cambered position and skids in all directions, as if the runway was very wet or had a thin layer of ice. Anyway take off is no longer possible at all. Did something change or is my muscle memory simply gone over time?

-------------------

Damn I simply forgot to pull the stick backwards - so it was not my muscle memory, but my brain memory that was at fault :)

Edited by tflash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I saw your post on the Bf-109. I guess indeed the new friction model is at play here. While I can take-off now again in the Dora (I was just doing it wrongly not having flown it for a while), the wheel on ground behaviour I agree with you, it seems not normal to me, it is as if the runway is rather wet or oily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is all the war birds now. I'm unhappy with the change it seems to me to be a significant step in the wrong direction.

Not all of them. E.g. the TF-51 behaviour during the takeoff, (crabbed) touchdown and landing run is now definitely much more realistic. :)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070