Open beta vs stable

kalas1988

Im always using Open Beta.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I use stable. but I read almost all about the things going on in OB. Most of the time I'm happy to wait till things are sorted out before I get them. It seems to me, that in OB most of the time I had to work with bugged things. If the actual thing finally works, the next thing comes up. Lots of thanks to beta users though.

Stable but installed a second copy (Beta) for the F-16 to try.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Stable is for people too anxious about facing bugs that'd be fixed a few days later anyway, yet literally all of them run a pre alpha of Windows in Early Access which gets more bugs with each update than DCS ever had. IMHO there's absolutely no point in not running the Beta except for when something vital to you is broken - but even then you could just go back to the same version on the OpenBeta branch that is the most recent one on Stable or the one in between which doesn't have the bug you wanna get around, but still some added features.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I always use Open Beta.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Stable is for people too anxious about facing bugs that'd be fixed a few days later anyway, yet literally all of them run a pre alpha of Windows in Early Access which gets more bugs with each update than DCS ever had. IMHO there's absolutely no point in not running the Beta except for when something vital to you is broken - but even then you could just go back to the same version on the OpenBeta branch that is the most recent one on Stable or the one in between which doesn't have the bug you wanna get around, but still some added features.

Got it all figured out huh? Too bad you don't.

Buzz

I use stable since it's, well, stable. The updates are out long enough that I can look into problems others have faced, if any exist. I also don't like to change versions while I'm working on something like a large mission. I'm usually behind at least 1 update at any given time, though the F-16 got me to catch up.

I have the beta installed, but I only use it rarely for testing new patches or trouble shooting missions that others post if they use the beta.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files