Scripting error (world.onEvent) since latest OB

davidp57

Since I installed the latest OB on my dedicated server, I can see this error in the log :

Lua::Config: Call error world.onEvent:[string "-- world events hook..."]:466: attempt to index local 'lgroup' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "-- world events hook..."]:466: in function <[string "-- world events hook..."]:313>.

And I'm pretty sure the S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT event does not work anymore.

Here's the start of the log so you know exactly what we're running and on what :

DCS: Command line: "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender -w ob_caucasus
DCS: DCS/2.5.5.38040 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.10240)
DCS: Hwid: A5kNoyP7z25p2aTQKkLZt6RaCiCWGYaZ7ual1A
DCS: DCS revision: 158031
DCS: Renderer revision: 19261
DCS: Terrain revision: 19589
DCS: CPU cores: 2, threads: 2, System RAM: 16383 MB, Pagefile: 19327 MB
EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:0
Dispatcher: 2019/10/19 13:11 V1803061700

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Can you post the code you are using to access to the initiator to get an lGroup value?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Well, I don't (get an lGroup value), or maybe I do but I don't know it ?

Here's my code : https://github.com/VEAF/VEAF-Open-Training-Mission/blob/master/src/scripts/veafRadio.lua

The event handler is at :101, and the code that sets it is at :379

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !