Is this going to be finished?

hazzer

• ED Team
What about the performance issues that we have experienced but don't get with any other a/c in VR? Could it be a lod issue? I notice that the only way to fly with more than one yak is to turn shadows off, which is never an issue with others

I flagged that one as a big one as well, I will look into it again.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Currently, the Damage Model is being worked on.

Will that affect the non-tarmac abilities of the Yak ? Besides the helos it's currently the only really viable grass capable plane in the sim and I hope an upgraded DM won't affect that.

If it won't, will the results found while developing the DM be passed onto 3rd party devs ? Especially Razbam, given that the Harrier's "raison d'être" is off-airbase operations.

Will that affect the non-tarmac abilities of the Yak ? Besides the helos it's currently the only really viable grass capable plane in the sim and I hope an upgraded DM won't affect that.
I don't agree, WWII stuff works pretty well in grass, better than concrete indeed.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I don't agree, WWII stuff works pretty well in grass, better than concrete indeed.

S!

Grass performance is not realistic

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

It's interesting that multi player performance and damage modelling is considered to be more important than the flight model.

DCS is unquestionable the flightsim with the best flight modelling, but even the rather primitive Yak has still some glaring errors in the basic flight model like the:

unrealistic barn door flaps which make a go around impossible and approaches with realistic power settings) and the

wrong RPM/MP relationship, and MP gauge.

I'm not even talking about the more advanced aerodynamic problems like the newly discovered negative AoA behavior.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I'm not even talking about the more advanced aerodynamic problems like the newly discovered negative AoA behavior.
Yeah, because my flying is usually like 98% of the time inverted flat spin, right, sure :doh: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah, because my flying is usually like 98% of the time inverted flat spin, right, sure :doh: .

S!

But that is not the issue with the flight model, negative AoA is, and in an aerobatic trainer, it's kind of important, but whatever....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-6700 3.4GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB - Logitech G940 - Oculus Rift CV1