Up Coming SH-60b Seahawk

jusromaine

most likely it is dead like most of the mod projects.

so don't make a celebration :(

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I know the Dev, I fly in a fixed wing group with him. I'm sure its not dead, I have see a few WIP pics. He's one guy trying to code it and make it clickable. I know he's not spending twelve hours a day on it, but yeah It would be cool to have someday in game.

Maybe he should get in touch with one of the 3rd party developers or ED and hand over his 3d art to let the pros do the coding (which is the essential thing!), if they can come to an agreement and the developers have some manpower to spare. It appears that's how it was done with the very promising Bo-105.

A Seahawk would be so darn nice to have in DCS, especially with ED putting together an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer model

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's great looking and should be sold; not free.

I'd buy it.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

please take my money...

i9 11900K :: 32GB G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 :: Corsair water loop ::  Samsung 2TB 980pro nvme :: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Waterblock :: Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Xtreme MoBo :: HP Reverb G2 VR

VKB Gunfighter flightstick and collective :: TM Warthog throttle & MFDs :: MFG Crosswind pedals :: 5 Dayton Audio bass shakers on 5.1 home theater amp

Win10 Pro x64 :: DCS 2.7 (Huey & P-51, mainly; have all the other rotors, but haven't explored their depths as yet)

Any chance we could just transition the SH-60B to the SH-60F? The "B" was never used on US Navy aircraft carriers; it is known in the Carrier Air Wings as a "Black Shoes' Kite". It only ever operated off of Destroyers, Cruisers, and Frigates. The iterations of Seahawks that were part of the Carrier Airwings were the SH-60F (Anti-Submarine/Surface/Fleet Logistics Support) and the HH-60H (CSAR/CAS/Maritime Strike/Naval Special War - SEAL).

The "F" defended the Carrier Battle Group with its dipping sonar dome and MK-46/50/54 torpedoes. The "H" had the best FLIR turret in the fleet and could carry up to 8 AGM-114 HELLFIRE missles. Plus the electric gatling gun.

Way more fun than a "B".

Any chance we could just transition the SH-60B to the SH-60F? The "B" was never used on US Navy aircraft carriers; it is known in the Carrier Air Wings as a "Black Shoes' Kite". It only ever operated off of Destroyers, Cruisers, and Frigates.

I like the idea of operating off smaller ships way more than carrier ops.

Keep on with the -B model... if there is any keeping on at all.

I like the idea of operating off smaller ships way more than carrier ops.

Keep on with the -B model... if there is any keeping on at all.

Well, if you like flying out over the horizon wandering aimlessly at the direction of a bunch of ship drivers to find what turns out to be a dispersed fleet of fishing dhows, and then get back to the ship well after wardroom mess has secured (but they've prepared a couple of box lunches for you), then that is more compelling than doing CAS/Spec Ops Insert Extract detachments in downtown Basra from the carrier.

Just sayin', from real life experience...:pilotfly:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...