Built-in voice communication

Dukes

Hello Everyone,

My lowly opinion.

First off, I do use SRS occasionally. It's a masterpiece.

BUT the OP was asking for Built-In which has some merits.

1 ) Not everyone that flies Multiplayer is an avid forum member

2 ) Not everyone that flies Multiplayer modifies their DCSW(which is advised against with Alpha Level Modules/Terrain by the man, Wags)

3 ) Not every Multiplayer server has SRS, but with Built-In, All would

4 ) A lot of times I hear "Oh, SRS, I will look into it" but they do not set it up as simple as it is

5 ) Having a Built-In where you just select your input/output/test setting in the "sound" portion of the main options would really increase the number of people using voice communication.

6 ) A solution that people can communicate while in the "Lobby/Spectator" to coordinate possible selection of slots to best suit their game play"Hey, we already have 5 five fighters, Interested in ground attack or Helicopter ?"

7 ) A solution that others can hear the ATC traffic when tuned into the channel of that airport to prevent runway accidents, same as for tankers,JTAC, AWACS, etc

8 ) Would increase teamwork. There are wing man/wing men/wing woman/wing women for a reason

9) Would increase the level of friendly community help to new pilots because the new pilots would already have a radio. I feel that would increase a new players willingness to learn more and become a better pilot( Addiction to us long time users) :beer:

Who knows, maybe CiriBob can work with ED and come up with a Built-In solution.

Thank you,

Monnie

Edited by MonnieRock
Gee, My typing stinks tonight
  • Like 1

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team
Seriously? Why don't you read the OP?

He asked for built in comms because he was of the opinion that the only alternative was things like Teamspeak which is not realistic.

We merely advised him that SRS will give him exactly what he wants. Nobody told him he cannot ask for built in comms if he has SRS. There was no reason for people to make a big fuss about him using the phrase 'built in'.

What would have been really bad is if everyone had just said 'Yes. I agree.' and nobody had let him know that while he was waiting for DCS to read his request, decide if they wanted to do it and get it done, he could use SRS instead of TS.:doh:

Nothing too bad yet guys, but be nice to each other. When it comes down to it we probably all want to see the same or similar things.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I agree with the others - the OP has already acknowledged that there are 3rd party solutions and I'm sure he's well aware of them. I agree with his point, having this integrated as a first class option within DCS would be ideal. Whether that involves shipping with SRS/TARS etc.. who knows.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

First:Everyone have his reasons and solutions.It is allright. This is just a wish,i want the ED know our advice,they may say:OK,i got it.Or:Sorry,we don't have the plan.Both is ok .There always will be wishes is reasonable and will be accepted.We all want ED to grow, and DCS is get better,right?

Second:Certainly,I know i can deal this problem with other softwares.The problem is every Multiplayer server have to install SRS ,teamspeak or other software.Why don't we add a Built-in voice communication?I always think this is very helpful.I don't need to search or ask software,don't need to try which one is better,don't need to learn how to setting and use it.Especially when the software version is other languages,MY GOD,what should i do(although my english is not good too).If DCS have Built-in voice communication,All we need is just set two keys,it is very convenient,right?

Edited by Dukes

Well at least there was a good bump on the topic of getting it integrated in game, besides some word crunching and thought analysis!

Hello, I want an apple!

Sorry, we are out of apples.

OR

Hello I want an apple!

Sorry we are out of apples, why don't your try this Pear?

How dare you insult what I want, I never asked for this!

Well, it might taste slightly different, but it will still achieve your Vitamin C intake.

[RIOT ENSUES]

Should we, as a community, repsond to every wish list post by shutting the door and saying it's been asked for before and not offering any help? Is this the way to go?

Integrated would be better. Until that comes along, you can have the next best thing.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Should we, as a community, repsond to every wish list post by shutting the door and saying it's been asked for before and not offering any help? Is this the way to go?

No of course not. Whatever made you think of that?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Well at least there was a good bump on the topic of getting it integrated in game, besides some word crunching and thought analysis!

Hello, I want an apple!

Sorry, we are out of apples.

OR

Hello I want an apple!

Sorry we are out of apples, why don't your try this Pear?

How dare you insult what I want, I never asked for this!

Well, it might taste slightly different, but it will still achieve your Vitamin C intake.

[RIOT ENSUES]

OR

Hello I want an apple - yes I know you have pears, oranges, bananas because that's what I said at the beginning. I also know how to make a ham and cheese sandwich using ham and cheese. However, I'm asking for an apple because.... that's what I want.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

If I may chime in on this - I completely stopped modding DCS, simply because it is too much of a chore to keep up with in the current situation. This of course includes realsitic comm solutions which I have used in the past. I love mods in any game that allow them, but only as long as I don´t feel like the associated maintenance becomes the defining part of the experience...

I would actually prefer an integrated system, which requires a less cumbersome setup process to get running, even if it means that updates may be coming at a slower rate. After some of the current milestones have been reached some time until or during 2018, who knows - progress on built-in comm systems might not be so slow by then. Didn´t ED say that they wanted to keep improving the platform?

If voice-comms becomes an integral part, the process of maintaining its functionality lies with the people who plan all the other cahnges within DCS, so actually adressing bugs also becomes an internal process which should make compatabillity issues between different versions of DCS and SRS a thing of the past, no?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

If voice-comms becomes an integral part, the process of maintaining its functionality lies with the people who plan all the other cahnges within DCS, so actually adressing bugs also becomes an internal process which should make compatabillity issues between different versions of DCS and SRS a thing of the past, no?

Herein lies the problem - the burden of maintaining it then moves onto the dev team who then have to juggle that priority with others. It's a tough proposition and at the moment thanks to volunteer 3rd parties we have workable solutions.

I wonder if ED would ever provide an approved non-aircraft add-on SDK for such things like voice comms, atc etc..? (<- Edit, sorry, don't want to hijack this thread)

Im about the built in comm.

I dont doubt the features of simple radio.. ita great.

But all the various cool clients fracture cooperative play as a whole.

Some servers put out info for srs discord teamspeak... which are all good for squads and organized groups.

But for newbies it makes it hard to connect with ppl trying to figure out which voips to join.

I hope there is in game voip in the future so we don't have to go through various clients, and that's less time haggling or setting up comms

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Also a valid point in my eyes. +1 for simplicity

@Stacker The burden might not be so "overwhelming" if the whole deveolpemt is part of a planned and aligned process, so that the root cause of a bug can be adressed much quicker

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Well said. Just logged in to make a similar reply, but you hit the nail on the head quite nicely. Have some rep :thumbup:

:D :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If I may chime in on this - I completely stopped modding DCS, simply because it is too much of a chore to keep up with in the current situation. This of course includes realsitic comm solutions which I have used in the past. I love mods in any game that allow them, but only as long as I don´t feel like the associated maintenance becomes the defining part of the experience...

I would actually prefer an integrated system, which requires a less cumbersome setup process to get running, even if it means that updates may be coming at a slower rate. After some of the current milestones have been reached some time until or during 2018, who knows - progress on built-in comm systems might not be so slow by then. Didn´t ED say that they wanted to keep improving the platform?

Absolutely this!!

Happy Bug Hunting!

Just a slight correction - there have never been any compatibility issues with any updates of DCS as SimpleRadio doesn't edit any core DCS files.

All dcs updates can and were applied without issue for SRS :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sry, I mentioned it just to get my point across. I didn't mean to imply that SRS causes many problems.

Ah sorry, no worries :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord