Early test of AV-8B Night Attack for DCS.

Zeus67

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the internal lights. I decided to test the flood lamps movement.

BTW, my mouse is acting up so I'm having trouble with the middle wheel.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Wow correct me if I'm wrong but are we going to have the very first DCS module which allows us to adjust where every single one of the lamps is pointing to in the cockpit!? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

• 2 weeks later...
Will the movable lighting have an adverse impact on frame rates?

We don't expect any.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Here is the video of the first bomb run test (CCIP mode):

Great Video.

Can I ask a question about ARBS and ccip. My understanding of ARBS was that it needs a ground lock to calculate a release point. I didn`t realise it could be used with ccip, how does this work?

Perhaps using it for ranging to get more accurate CCIP calculations? That's the only thing I can think of, I assume the system isn't implemented yet with the camera and auto release.

Edited by iLOVEwindmills

Great Video.

Can I ask a question about ARBS and ccip. My understanding of ARBS was that it needs a ground lock to calculate a release point. I didn`t realise it could be used with ccip, how does this work?

The tl;dr version: The mission computer uses ARBS generated LOS rates, aircraft altitude and airspeed to calculate target range.

It can be used in CCIP mode.

So much fail in that logic you wouldn't be able to understand the explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's still in beta. Beta is a more polished than EA but still not the finished product. Hence why 2.0 is still considered a beta.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]