New release on steam?

falken76

Where can we find the logs for the changes when an update comes out? And how far behind does Steam lag behind the stand alone version to get updated?

And lastly, did the latest update fix the problem with the textures for the Nukes and their explosions not displaying in 2.5?

So what's the deal with this forum? Is it dead here? No posters at all? I can't expect a response from anyone, even staff in 24 hours?

Well, I guess I can rest assured this way. Steam is like a venue for developers in the sense that Ebay is a venue for us peon regulars. ED could get kicked off steam if they just abandon support there and these venues bring in enough money that we as sellers on these venues will bend over backwards to their whim. So the patch will eventually come despite the fact that ED doesn't seem to care to respond to those of us with legitimate questions in regards to being able to use their product. Perhaps we should complain to steam that ED isn't supporting their product. Then they'll respond when the gatekeeper is awakened and asks what's going on.

So what's the deal with this forum? Is it dead here? No posters at all? I can't expect a response from anyone, even staff in 24 hours?

You'll have to forgive me for not jumping to answer your 'are we there yet ?" question as quick as you'd like, I'm only a regular player like yourself with a life to live and games to play ;)

If you'd used the forum search function, you'll find the FAQ and that your question has already been answered several times in the past.

With that said, I'll answer you as best I can:

Steam Beta updates are usually (but not always) a day or two later than DCS standalone but it's not always a bad thing as some times there are issues that are missed by internal testers or introduced as part of compiling a 'release' build. In such cases the intermediate beta build is not always pushed to Steam and it keeps the more 'stable' release.

If you've monitored feedback on the latest beta patch, you'll note that along with improvements there are some issues and there *may be* a 2nd 'hot fix' patch this week.

I̶M̶H̶O̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶a̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶d̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶u̶n̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶.̶

Which updates we see and when, is decided by ED but we all end up on the same build eventually, even if just to maintain MP compatibility.

Just be patient, an Open Beta update will come soon enough, once ED are happy with it's stability.

Edit: Update 2.5.0.15184 has been released on Steam

Edited by Ramsay
Update has been released on Steam, include version number

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080